• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

sorry bae. i just don't have the motivation at the moment to actually do what i'm supposed to be doing and dota isn't helping. it just gives me an easy way to waste time and dig myself deeper into a rut. i'm basically spending all day atm in my house, barely functioning, playing dota, losing, and getting into an incredibly frustrated slump. this is not an exaggeration.

i need to be in a better and happier place in my life before i play it again.

you know.

(y)

dfiofsme,orvimrv o right

shira

Cyborgmatt
9C89A9228C1A030DA0913D622642330EB01B32A9

Anno

This is amazing. Basically the entirety of NADota is in chat flaming along and I think you can occasionally hear Ayesee yelling his cast in the background. Everything about this show is awesome.

bbd23

This is amazing. Basically the entirety of NADota is in chat flaming along and I think you can occasionally hear Ayesee yelling his cast in the background. Everything about this show is awesome.

LMAO hearing ayesee in the back is so good

She really is. Probably my new favorite since TB got nerfed.
i7mXMRh.png

Medusa is a fucking retarded hero.

Well, she was always good, but I think they may have overbuffed her before 6.82. The problem was she couldn't be viable in a push-heavy meta. Or, she couldn't be based on the skill and item builds people were doing all the time, so the kept buffing her. But now that meta is weaker, her buffs may be making her too strong. She's imposing in the lane from level 2 on and you can't really kill her unless you bring 3 or she forgets to turn the mana shield on. I expect them to have a second look at the mana shield damage absorption rates and make some changes. I love me some Dusa and did before she became the flavor of the month...but I do think she's a bit too strong atm. Not unbeatable by any means, but stronger than most hard carries and more useful than most hard carries at all levels.

Is that how contracts work?

Sue Valve?

You going to sue a multi-billion dollar corporation that is feeding you???

You'd have a clause about payment in there - timing of payments, percentages taken, tax, arbitration processes if things go wrong.

Contract must be ass if they've not contemplated suing.

Suing for breach of contract.

Is just systemic incompetence across the board. And exploitation of the goodwill of the community.

Big Dog

I really enjoyed watching that stream with Gerg and his guests. Informed me much more about some things I knew fairly well and told me plenty about topics that I had never heard much news about. I found it very interesting that Valve runs the same sort of "Valve Time" issue with their distribution of money as they do with the development of their content. That to me seems like a very large and pressing reason that they need to involve some new or different people in how they distribute payments and such to content creators and tournament organizers (all while understanding that the issue arose because of a change in their personal system).

I think it's pretty cool to be looking past the content of the video game itself and looking at the effects that can come out of behind the scenes issues/ delays that are present. Watching that stream made me incredibly more interested about behind the scenes improvements and the hope that things can become more efficient and straightened out as more experience comes to the Dota scene.

sad.gif
This is why we can't have nice things.

I find it incredibly important that someone like you exists and has presence in the Dota community. Like you guys were joking on the stream, you are the one who is not afraid to drop names or bring up issues that you believe need to be fixed or at least talked about. It's good that you can easily present your opinion without much upfront fear of backlash and things like that. I respect that kind of thing and your persistence in moving the community forward is an awesome thing in my book. I hope that most people see you as an advocate for the upbringing and moving forward of what Dota is and will become.

Shinypogs

God I love playing as Dark seer, I try out new heroes but I always come back to him. RIP clockwerk, you were my first hero and I love pros who play you well but I have abandoned you. I don't think I ever got over my first successful hookshot that I remember being on an Ursa who promptly beat the snot out of me.

Ultimatum

Banned
I really enjoyed watching that stream with Gerg and his guests. Informed me much more about some things I knew fairly well and told me plenty about topics that I had never heard much news about. I found it very interesting that Valve runs the same sort of "Valve Time" issue with their distribution of money as they do with the development of their content. That to me seems like a very large and pressing reason that they need to involve some new or different people in how they distribute payments and such to content creators and tournament organizers (all while understanding that the issue arose because of a change in their personal system).

I think it's pretty cool to be looking past the content of the video game itself and looking at the effects that can come out of behind the scenes issues/ delays that are present. Watching that stream made me incredibly more interested about behind the scenes improvements and the hope that things can become more efficient and straightened out as more experience comes to the Dota scene.

agreed, was really interesting, even if most of the analysis was telling valve to go faster

So what's Naga's niche in comparison to TB's? PL got his niche changed.

Naga is the last remaining split push hero. Throw her in the safe lane and get an earlyish Radiance to push out the lanes. I guess TB is basically the same sans the Radiance, but Naga has a bit more hard carry potential with slightly better illusions, song, and riptide.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why does Dreamleague need a ticket when they're currently running a preliminary qualifier for the group stage that determines the seeding for the actual qualifier?

shira

Holy shit Ferrari deserves a better team. Matt can you set him up with a western team?

There are a few items that have come out of China recently and have pretty low distributions, but I'm not sure if they will get a larger release. There is the Abyssal Watcher lantern for warlock, and the Moon Whirl for silencer.

Somebody bought out. They both doubled in price

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Abyssal Watcher
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Moon Whirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom