• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

How many of you feel like your MMR is indicative of your skill?

A dissimilar statement: Ever since they made known player MMR i feel like i have been enjoying the game less and obsessing more about my MMR... i remember when i gave 0 fucks and just played to PLAY. Having said that ranked games do tend to have more serious players/picks lol, so i suppose that aspect of it is much better.

You shouldn't obsess so much about mmr, unless you plan on being a pro player in the next year or two, at the end, for most of us it's just a game.

If you play mainly solo then MMR is very indicative of your skill in my opinion, if you play with the same group of friends, it still probably gives a good idea of what your skill level is but with less precision. Say -500/+500 depending on the people you queue with.

Haunted

kzdqLxk.jpg

bbd23

"It is possible to manually give the ward an attack target by just right-clicking an enemy hero in range."

I've been playing witch doctor wrong this whole time

So I haven't kept up with Doto news, per se.

Are we getting anything like DireTide? I thought it might come around when TF2 got the halloween update, but I don't recall seeing any big updates or missing any events.

shira

Are we getting anything like DireTide? I thought it might come around when TF2 got the halloween update, but I don't recall seeing any big updates or missing any events.
- no diretide; give diretide
- cyborgmatt keeps teasing shit
- same thing everyyear

Kalnos

Banned

No Diretide, update bigger than the last one early next year.

BigAT

Nope. Valve was quick to announce no Diretide this year.

I like phase on viper :(

But I guess treads and manta would be almost as good as phase?

I used to do Phase by I think Treads are better for man fighting/tankiness. Switching to INT helps get off Mek as well with the increased mana cost. Treads->Mek->Aghs->Manta, for what it's worth.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'd say roughly 95% of people think they should have a higher MMR.

It's the only explanation for some people's behaviour in ranked games. :lol

I started enjoying Dota a lot more when I came to the realization that I was probably actually worse than my MMR said I was. People that play ranked take it too seriously. Even if someone on your team is feeding like the Salvation Army there was probably something you could have done to make the game better.

I started enjoying Dota a lot more when I came to the realization that I was probably actually worse than my MMR said I was. People that play ranked take it too seriously. Even if someone on your team is feeding like the Salvation Army there was probably something you could have done to make the game better.

While this is true, MMR is an issue because it basically gives a numerical value to how much your teammate's mistakes can cost you. Pretty easy to understand why people get so pissed in ranked when you think of it that way.

Has valve given hints as to when the next patch is (content or balance patch)?

I was hoping 6.82 would bring me back into the game but my favorite heroes are still toward the lower tier. Breaks me heart to see Lone Druid (and most strength heroes) in dumpster tier.

Quesa

Real bummer when as soon as you pick techies someone decides to pick io and give up immediately, relocating teammates to the enemy fountain. May as well abandon if you've given up for that reason alone.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nope. I wouldn't expect any major balance patch for a while, it doesn't look like Icefrog is doing any beta testing right now. I would assume we get one update in the next week or two, a second for Christmas, and one more for New Bloom 2015, which should hopefully finish porting all the heroes and maybe even give us some new ones.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That must feel amazing. I feel like a million bucks whenever I shave off 1/2 inch of growth back down to the skin, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose the weight of a small child off of your head like that.

Razzer

Well, I can look at him on panels now, just need to work on that voice next so I can bear his casting. Good for him though in all seriousness.

Nope. I wouldn't expect any major balance patch for a while, it doesn't look like Icefrog is doing any beta testing right now. I would assume we get one update in the next week or two, a second for Christmas, and one more for New Bloom 2015, which should hopefully finish porting all the heroes and maybe even give us some new ones.

Obligatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom