• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I love how bad some of these job posting are. Normally its just the description that sucks, but this is the benefits section for one.

Wow, 3 whole days of sick time. And after a year, I'll be able to take vacation!

Bro I get zero sick days and zero PTO.

Vade

Real talk, your employer sucks.

I have all the sick days and vacation time in the world, 3 weeks; the only issue is that you will be two days behind for everyday you take off. Welcome to the business world the only breaks you will ever know are Federal holidays and lunch.

Bilix

Ok, so I feel like I really need to make some travel plans for TI5 before it's too late. Any previous attendees have any tips on where to stay and whatnot? I don't have a ton of money, but at the same time, I'll pay extra to be with everyone else and not have a hotel like 100 miles away from everything.

Ketch

PSA: If there's anyone interested in trying Blizzard's moba Heroes of the Storm they're giving away a bunch of beta keys in that thread right now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920224&page=111
DsrA6Kc.gif

edit: I should add that they ARE region specific keys, so make sure you snag the right one... and if there's not one for your region, try posting in there because someone may have extras.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Real talk, your employer sucks.

No, I'm an independent contractor and I make a lot of money on an hourly basis but my benefits are limited to health insurance, malpractice insurance, 401k.

I can take as much time off as I want but no PTO, and I can't call off sick.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah reading those conditions, yikes.

Going off a pretty small sample size here guys. Working conditions are definitely worse in America than Europe but most people with full time salaried jobs have several weeks vacation, sick days, etc.

Acinixys

PSA: If there's anyone interested in trying Blizzard's moba Heroes of the Storm they're giving away a bunch of beta keys in that thread right now.

DsrA6Kc.gif

edit: I should add that they ARE region specific keys, so make sure you snag the right one... and if there's not one for your region, try posting in there because someone may have extras.

If any of you slackers get keys for EU add me so I can carry you

Acinixys#2934

Chris R

Going off a pretty small sample size here guys. Working conditions are definitely worse in America than Europe but most people with full time salaried jobs have several weeks vacation, sick days, etc.

I get 15 days PTO a year and 5 days sick time, but I've had other jobs with zero time off as well.

America sure sounds like an awful place to work for the most part.

The only time I've taken a vacation day since my first job was to interview for other jobs. I haven't had a real vacation in 5 years. I worked 13 straight days the last two weeks and over 90 hours total and got comped no time off. I took 1 sick day afterwards and that's all I felt I could afford to take. I worked through Christmas and New Years as well, with my only days off being Christmas Day and New Years.

My only consolation is I get OverTime pay.

In DotA2 news, there's iLeague, StarLadder and DotAPit on. How do I decide!

Quesa

They're talking about how good the kimmy schmidt theme is at my work

and there's a google sheets I have to fill out called "ALL THE THINGS"

shira

DsrA6Kc.gif

haha I was trying to copypasta keys for like 2 minutes and I noticed I was already beta.

52club

Vacation time is really a luxury for most US employees at this point. I've known several immigrants who just said fuck the lifestyle and went back to their home countries. I'm lucky to be in a job with plenty of vacation and sick time (and we are encouraged to use it). Unlike the other 60%-70% of the U.S.

I hope you fellas figure out how to make it to TI. Personally I'm cool chilling at home.

I know the twitch chat is freaking out but I'm glad the admins actually made a decision in the Col vs M5 game and the teams went with it even if it was to play 4v5

TommyT

I know the twitch chat is freaking out but I'm glad the admins actually made a decision in the Col vs M5 game and the teams went with it even if it was to play 4v5

Yup. What's the point of having rules in place for situations like this if you're not going to adhere to them. It's a crappy situation; but everyone agrees to them by participating for a reason.

Pratfall

wouldn't it be cool if competitive dota went one day without an embarrassing technical issue ruining a match? If valve don't want to manage the competitive scene they should hire someone else to do it cuz it kinda sucks right now and no one seems to be interested in making it better.

wouldn't it be cool if competitive dota went one day without an embarrassing technical issue ruining a match? If valve don't want to manage the competitive scene they should hire someone else to do it cuz it kinda sucks right now and no one seems to be interested in making it better.

How do Valve fix people's internet?

manfestival

No! It would not be cool at all.

When casters can't even read a simple tooltip correctly... sigh. Yet, I'm glad I turned into the current dotapit game, it's rather stacked endgame stuff going at it.

Shinypogs

Helicopter heroes op? That was a nice cast by Xyclops but I feel so bad he kept apologizing about having internet issues in the previous series.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Does playing well in doto feel so random and out of your control for anyone else? I seem to have absolutely no power over how good I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom