• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ok, so I feel like I really need to make some travel plans for TI5 before it's too late. Any previous attendees have any tips on where to stay and whatnot? I don't have a ton of money, but at the same time, I'll pay extra to be with everyone else and not have a hotel like 100 miles away from everything.
Stay at a solo AirBnB place 2-4 miles away for like $50-$60 a night and bus to arena.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was about to say a big tournament that you were missing but then I realised it hasn't been announced yet.
aaaah.gif

Your May should look this:

WePlay Dota2 League Season 3 May 1, 2015 May 3, 2015 (lol)
Red Bull Battlegrounds Playoffs May 6, 2015 May 8, 2015
Red Bull Battlegrounds May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015
D2CL Season 5 May 8, 2015 May 10, 2015
The Summit 3 May 13, 2015 May 17, 2015
i-League Season 3 May 19, 2015 May 24, 2015
Is it that one people were originally saying was fake?

Beat a team that had a sniper, troll, and WR combo yesterday. It's not impossible to beat if you play well as a group.

Well, you need way more effort than they do to win. :/ I don't think I've seen that combo lose at 4.1k to 4.3k MMR.

I mean, it's crazy but I genuinely enjoyed the 6.82 pub meta the most. Pro games were shit to watch because of DP, Brew and Razor spam but I loved my pubs. I feel that way less heroes are pickworthy nowadays than half a year ago.

Well, you need way more effort than they do to win. :/
yep.

I'd say it's *difficult* to lose a game with either hero right now, let alone with both. But I've seen some Snipers with awful game sense and positioning and I've seen some Trolls attempting to play at 5 minutes like they have 45 minute farm and items.

I say get Zeus or Lina and keep them away from BKBs as long as possible (or in the case of Lina, just keep killing them regardless of item progression).

Bounty Hunter seems legit judging by the game I just played

Picking an off lane BH is basically auto loss because the enemy carry will have 70 last hits in 10 minutes and the game is over. He's such a losing hero, it's insane. Somewhat good against junglers though. I've also seen support BHs work (mainly by disrupting the enemy junglers as I said, and annoying mid by saving runes).

BeesEight

I wouldn't play support at that bracket at all. I remember Merlini saying on his stream that playing support below 4.5k can make climbing MMR an insane drag. Spam Troll and Sniper until a) they are nerfed and b) you learn how to farm and how to carry. Sniper in particular is mechanically insanely easy. Troll is a little more tricky.

Eh, I agree with this to a point.

Playing support when you're first starting the game is definitely a waste. It's only really viable once you can reasonably expect the majority of your core players in your games have the basics down. If your carry can last hit decently, teammates don't do insanely stupid tower dives, use their abilities, will ping movement through wards and will actually tp to towers under assault to help defend or punish a dive then you can start really playing support.

I pretty much only play support in my games now and there's no way that I'm above 4.5k. It's basically like having medics appear in TF2. Even if they aren't that great, the fact they're improving teamplay instead of focusing solely on individual performance starts making matches one sided. I'm still at the point where 5-core team comps happen and I can't remember the last time one of those won even when I was the only player hard supporting. In fact, teams are mostly 4 cores and one support since most people don't know how to support (which, to be fair, it's really hard).

Long paragraphs aside, I wouldn't recommend supporting to beginning players either. It's too focused on more esoteric elements of the gameplay that, I feel, it's more important to get the basics down first. Lift yourself out of the low MMR through learning to farm efficiently (since that's pretty much the only determiner in beginning games) then you can focus on doing the rest.

Finally, supporting in lower brackets is definitely different than supporting in higher/organized play. You have to play greedier because if you only have brown boots and a magic stick at twenty minutes because you've funneled all your money into wards/couriers/dying then you're really not going to get a whole lot of success. We also never smoke. :(

BHK3

Banned
Has anyone lost a game with Troll + Sniper on their team in 6.83c so far? Shittiest meta I've ever seen. Can't stress it enough.

Troll can be beaten pretty easily, snipers the only one where even if the guy is shut down if he's kinda competant he can be a gigantic pain in the ass and will win most likely.

kionedrik

Funny, I have the opposite feeling towards sniper and troll. Sniper becomes a non-issue if you shut him down early, especially if that early advantage guarantees a blink on a disabler/support, but troll always manages to comeback.

Watching S4 stream and boy is Sonneiko a complete shit. Unpauses instantly every time, afks in base when game isn't going his way, doesn't respond to anything. What a player.

harSon

Banned
Has anyone lost a game with Troll + Sniper on their team in 6.83c so far? Shittiest meta I've ever seen. Can't stress it enough.

It seems like whenever I face Sniper, they're competent as fuck, and whenever Sniper is on my team - they're out their fighting on the front lines at like 100-200 range wondering why they're dying.

DrPizza

Banned
Funny, I have the opposite feeling towards sniper and troll. Sniper becomes a non-issue if you shut him down early, especially if that early advantage guarantees a blink on a disabler/support, but troll always manages to comeback.

I think Troll is much more resilient, as long as you can defend high ground.

Sniper remains vulnerable to gap closers the whole game.

Pratfall

very hard to counterpick troll, even lina gets less effective once troll has skadi/satanic and 3K hp. Sniperino still gets boned by PA HARD.

Troll can be beaten pretty easily
This is a very questionable statement in all honesty. That hero is a beast in lane, in mid game and in late game, can solo rosh, manfights almost any carry despite being one tier 4 item behind and leaves your base in ashes if you lose a team fight without buybacks. That hero is so OP, it's not funny. >56% pub winrate (quite a bit higher than Sniper) on a carry is usually the point where IF tends to hit really hard with the nerf bat.

He's not easy to deal with at all. Hell, he has no glaring weakness to speak of.

Both Sniper and Troll share the problem that they are way too good in lane for what they offer later in the game.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Picking an off lane BH is basically auto loss because the enemy carry will have 70 last hits in 10 minutes and the game is over. He's such a losing hero, it's insane. Somewhat good against junglers though. I've also seen support BHs work (mainly by disrupting the enemy junglers as I said, and annoying mid by saving runes).

the best way to play bh is to buy wards/courier tangoes clarity and OoV and just hope roam and ruin junglers' times and camp runes and gank the enemy mid. I love picking bounty hunter against shadow friend when my mid has strong damage or a disable. Also you get a free courier kill ~ 2 min because nobody is expecting the courier to get killed

Acinixys

Anyone watching Hellraisers vs Asus.Polar?

Illdian is playing position 1 Ogre

The RNG is going to be crazy

rofl they made a new bird ad

HEY BIRDS ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

the best way to play bh is to buy wards/courier tangoes clarity and OoV and just hope roam and ruin junglers' times and camp runes and gank the enemy mid. I love picking bounty hunter against shadow friend when my mid has strong damage or a disable. Also you get a free courier kill ~ 2 min because nobody is expecting the courier to get killed

Which is pretty much exactly what I said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom