• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
Who cares about unbalanced hero ( nerf troll, sniper, axe and SF thought ), what we need is an eul scepter nerf.

The only nerf it needs is to not let you be inside people. Both the active and passives are pretty essential for the lowly int supports for whom it should be core. Just don't let SF use it to requiem inside people and it's fine.

the fact that sniper can just autoattack in lane and still get fairly decent cs...a mess

he's always been able to do that. what he was never able to do was kill enemy heroes damn near for free, without any assistance, during the laning phase. No carry should be able to do that unless someone really, really fucks up. Sniper can 100 --> 0 if you're standing 300 units *BEHIND* the creep wave with 2 points in shrapnel.

I think if they're going to keep 3 charges on shrapnel, they need to reduce the damage or something. Idunno. He can't be able to be this much of a threat AND this safe with the use of the same single skill. I've stopped playing the hero because he's bullshit. Winning 18 of 20 with the hero is enough for me.

I wonder if an armlet buff would indirectly buff heroes like CK, Alch, Naix, LC, etc. enough for those heroes to not need individual buffs. Doesn't seem like a coincidence that a lot of heroes that like building Armlet are bad right now. Maybe Alch needs another buff though.

Acinixys

I wonder if an armlet buff would indirectly buff heroes like CK, Alch, Naix, LC, etc. enough for those heroes to not need individual buffs. Doesn't seem like a coincidence that a lot of heroes that like building Armlet are bad right now.

It feels like SRT carries are 100% forgotten at the moment

All i see every game is

SF
Medusa
AM
Sniper
Troll

And CK twice

Maybe its just a trend but something needs to change

Vade

CK needs an instant cast point for his chaos bolt and or realityrift. You get fogged far too easily with him. The guy cannot flash farm for shit, but at least let him kill.

BHK3

Banned
CK needs an instant cast point for his chaos bolt and or realityrift. You get fogged far too easily with him. The guy cannot flash farm for shit, but at least let him kill.

God no not instant, the cast point is a little long but it being instant means you will never escape him. It just needs max range at level 1 and a smaller castpoint, maybe add something to his E, crit only abilities are boring imo.

Sven and CK are one buff (likely mana-related) from being strong as fuck. Be careful what you wish for.

I love sven, fixing mana won't make him not need a million items to be effective. You still NEED mask, blink, crit, bkb etc. etc. to be considered a threat. Warcry is a shitty skill, the speed burst it gives is awful when everyones 522 and only secures them not being able to 1v1 you at least. Warcry needs to give a attack speed increase and the castpoint on his ult needs to be removed, anyone with an escape can outlive svens assualt if he blinks in then has to ult and has 0 crit to chomp you with. Too many times I precast ult, blink in stun get a few hits in before they turn and stun/euls/slow me and just walk away with a blink force whatever. If they nerf MoM Svens gonna stay a shit hero that icefrog is trying to turn into a support. Buff Sven and sniper won't ever win again since he can close the gap and take half of snipers hp away with his stun.

DrPizza

Banned
he's always been able to do that. what he was never able to do was kill enemy heroes damn near for free, without any assistance, during the laning phase. No carry should be able to do that unless someone really, really fucks up. Sniper can 100 --> 0 if you're standing 300 units *BEHIND* the creep wave with 2 points in shrapnel.

I think if they're going to keep 3 charges on shrapnel, they need to reduce the damage or something. Idunno. He can't be able to be this much of a threat AND this safe with the use of the same single skill. I've stopped playing the hero because he's bullshit. Winning 18 of 20 with the hero is enough for me.

75 mana cost would do it, I think. Maybe make the charges scaled something like 1/2/3/3. With a 75 mana cost even 1/2/3/4 might be OK.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'd like CK's reality rift to give vision over the target like Spiritbreaker ulti. It's comical how easy that ability is to fog and just hearing and seeing that animation play 4-5 times before it actually goes off.

Quesa

I'd like CK's reality rift to give vision over the target like Spiritbreaker ulti. It's comical how easy that ability is to fog and just hearing and seeing that animation play 4-5 times before it actually goes off.

Just give it three charges with 30sec cd.

Valve-approved fix for shit abilities instant top tierness guaranteed

BHK3

Banned

What if you just gave vision to CK's projectile and let it linger after it hits for a second? That way he can rift people from downhill as well.

I love sven, fixing mana won't make him not need a million items to be effective. You still NEED mask, blink, crit, bkb etc. etc. to be considered a threat. Warcry is a shitty skill, the speed burst it gives is awful when everyones 522 and only secures them not being able to 1v1 you at least. Warcry needs to give a attack speed increase and the castpoint on his ult needs to be removed, anyone with an escape can outlive svens assualt if he blinks in then has to ult and has 0 crit to chomp you with. Too many times I precast ult, blink in stun get a few hits in before they turn and stun/euls/slow me and just walk away with a blink force whatever. If they nerf MoM Svens gonna stay a shit hero that icefrog is trying to turn into a support. Buff Sven and sniper won't ever win again since he can close the gap and take half of snipers hp away with his stun.

Not sure about your hero analyses after your Troll comment to be honest. I don't regard War Cry as a bad spell at and I play Sven quite a bit.

No way. 1/1/2/3 is the way to go, even keeping the mana cost as it is.

this sounds good to me. I'd also be okay with 1/2/2/3. Along with maybe a slight increase to the mana cost. I don't like the idea of him having no problem casting 3 shrapnels and still having mana at level 6 to drop the ult too.

You should have to *think* about what you're doing with any hero in the game. You don't really have to think when playing Sniper, which bothers me.

anyone with an escape can outlive svens assualt if he blinks in then has to ult and has 0 crit to chomp you with.
FWIW: you're doing it wrong. You should be ulting before you blink. The ult lasts FOREVER and has a short cooldown. Casting Stormhammer THEN ulting causes you to lose damn near half of your stun duration because of the ult cast time. You're loosing like...30%-50% of your damage potential during the stun duration by not casting your abilities in the correct order.

Cast the ult if you think you're going to jump on someone in advance. Then blink in, stun and start chopping immediately. Blink as close to them as possible to reduce the amount of additional running you need to do to get into autoattack range. Pop Warcry to chase when they inevitably start running.

But for God's sakes...stop ulting after tossing Stormhammer.

inkls

I'm learning to play Kunkka, and I'm wondering what approach you guys take to timing his combo?

if they dont see me behind trees or within the fog of war and i dont have level 3 x marks the spot I go:

Boat > torrent

if they dont move out of torrent aoe you're guaranteed a boat.

With X marks the spot its the same combo: X > Boat> Torrent > X

I know some people do Torrent into boat but it seems much less reliable

if they dont see me behind trees or within the fog of war and i dont have level 3 x marks the spot I go:

Boat > torrent

if they dont move out of torrent aoe you're guaranteed a boat.

With X marks the spot its the same combo: X > Boat> Torrent > X

I know some people do Torrent into boat but it seems much less reliable

I still go torrent --> boat if I'm not initiating with X. And I'm still not entirely comfortable with the new X either. I'd rather have the old X back, to be honest. I was extremely comfortable with 2 points in X and comboing off of it. The new X...I just don't feel comfortable because the X range is so bad at early levels. It's useless for setting up the boat until you're at least level 2, and ideally level 3.

inkls

I still go torrent --> boat if I'm not initiating with X. And I'm still not entirely comfortable with the new X either. I'd rather have the old X back, to be honest. I was extremely comfortable with 2 points in X and comboing off of it. The new X...I just don't feel comfortable because the X range is so bad at early levels. It's useless for setting up the boat until you're at least level 2, and ideally level 3.

I used to be iffy about it, but now I enjoy the new x very much. Even more now that I realized that 3 points were sufficient (range wise) to setup boat. I used to go 1 point in torrent then max X marks the spot at level 10, but now i use the same build again with 2-4-3 at level 10. I also like new x because i can get an easy heal and bottle refill with only one level in it now with the 8 seconds at all levels. Like I said, I feel boat into torrent is more reliable if torrent hits since they have plenty of time to react within the 3 seconds after you cast torrent imo.

elyetis

The only nerf it needs is to not let you be inside people. Both the active and passives are pretty essential for the lowly int supports for whom it should be core. Just don't let SF use it to requiem inside people and it's fine.
As someone who mostly play support I like both active and passive, but the item really feel too strong ( while I think force staff and atos are maybe slightly too weak ).
I was thinking that maybe making the eul duration random ( and/or the falling position ) to make the item less godly to time skills/stun with it could be a good nerf.

domstah

Two weeks DOTA-free thanks to Bloodborne and BF:Hardline - think I might wait out a balance patch before I return, but with Valve in Hawaii this week - how far away can that be?

BraXzy

Lmao! Someone who works in a building across from the Valve offices has tried a cheeky tactic to get access to TI5 (credit to Reddeet)

pb1UsZi.jpg

Someone who works at a building right by it confirmed

harSon

Banned
As someone who mostly play support I like both active and passive, but the item really feel too strong ( while I think force staff and atos are maybe slightly too weak ).
I was thinking that maybe making the eul duration random ( and/or the falling position ) to make the item less godly to time skills/stun with it could be a good nerf.

I actually really like Atos as an item. I sometimes get it on skill shot heroes, especially on Mirana, since the 60% cooldown makes it almost impossible to miss an arrow - and the case range is pretty damn decent in comparison to Diffusal. It's a tad bit too pricey though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think this job posting was written on a cellphone.
Wrk in all phases of SDLC. Dsgn, dvlp, test & deploy various apps on MS reltd techniques such as BizTalk, .NET platform, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, SharePoint
etc. Implement out of the box functions & use XSLT, C# inline codes for complex mapping. Dvlp complex orchestrations to receive various request messages, process them w/ external helper classes,
use WCF-SQL adapter to communicate w/ SQL Server 2008 R2.

Here is the full posting if anyone wants a laugh/to cry

DrPizza

Banned
I wonder what made troll go for MKB there....

I think it's on the default list of recommended items. It's not a bad item (yet more bashes!) but given that none of us had evasion, I don't know why he didn't go Daedalus.

There's no sweeter sound than my Lina mega kill announcer telling the world that I got a rampage. I randomed Morphling twice tonight. First game was a horror show; second game was awesome. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1384706097

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom