• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unai

I'm level 4 and only 35 hours into the game. I had no instructor so things that I should probably be doing since the beginning I only realized now. For instance, I was waiting until I could buy a "complete" item before buying it, even if it were very expensive, but I think it should be better if I buy the individual items that make it first. This seems pretty obvious in retrospect. Oh well.

Madouu

When you are so focused on dodging shit that you don't notice your aegis expired
facepalm.gif

BraXzy

Getting solo ranked MMR up is a pain in the butt. I'm pretty sure my MMR goes down more than it goes up which is an impossible uphill battle if forced 50% is to be believed. Add the fact it is solo queue to that and it's just bleh! I don't wanna be low 3K anymore though :'(

Moppet13

Getting solo ranked MMR up is a pain in the butt. I'm pretty sure my MMR goes down more than it goes up which is an impossible uphill battle if forced 50% is to be believed. Add the fact it is solo queue to that and it's just bleh! I don't wanna be low 3K anymore though :'(

I have to agree, it feels like it's pretty much impossible to move up unless you're playing huge numbers of game.

Edit: Does anyone else have win their lane, lose every other lane and the game syndrome? Because I keep getting stuck with teammates who can't seem to figure out how not to feed.

BraXzy

Edit: Does anyone else have win their lane, lose every other lane and the game syndrome? Because I keep getting stuck with teammates who can't seem to figure out how not to feed.

Such is the problem with solo queue. You can do amazingly well but at the end of the day unless you win it doesn't count for anything... But at the same time I don't always have good games so I'm screwing someone else over too.

Unai

WTF at this sniper. So much ahead of everyone else. I could barely revive and he killed me and everyone else who dared being a screen away from him.

2015-04-09_00002zeufq.jpg

I really liked this match, but I've yelled so much at him, haha.

WTF at this sniper. So much ahead of everyone else. I could barely revive and he killed me and everyone else who dared being a screen away from him.

Not directly related to your post but...

Since you're a newbie you should try playing something like Lina or PA that are relatively self explanatory. I forgot to comment last time you posted, but my brother is learning dota, too, and that's the advice I gave him. There are a lot of heroes that are relatively low skill requirement that allow for a lot of improvement. Randoming heros is great for learning a variety, but I don't think it's all that good for getting a proper feel of the game.

I think when I first started I mashed Nature's Prophet, Jakiro, and Rubick for like a month.

Quesa

2015-04-09_00002zeufq.jpg

I like these faction names better than radiant and dire

they sound like cults

Unai

Not directly related to your post but...

Since you're a newbie you should try playing something like Lina or PA that are relatively self explanatory. I forgot to comment last time you posted, but my brother is learning dota, too, and that's the advice I gave him. There are a lot of heroes that are relatively low skill requirement that allow for a lot of improvement. Randoming heros is great for learning a variety, but I don't think it's all that good for getting a proper feel of the game.

I think when I first started I mashed Nature's Prophet, Jakiro, and Rubick for like a month.

I'll try Lina. I really liked playing with Lion. Most of my matches were with him. Also I started learning Windranger (with bots), and she also seems pretty good.

I'll try Lina. I really liked playing with Lion. Most of my matches were with him. Also I started learning Windranger (with bots), and she also seems pretty good.

yup, those are also good choices. Supporting when you're new is kinda iffy I find but if you're playing a hero like lion or lina who can do a lot in lane/fights it isn't a big issue.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
wraith king is also quite good for new people

just don't let anyone bully you into playing support wraith king

6Dp5edf.png

This is how the game ends when the enemy agi carry fails to respect Linda enough to build HP or lifesteal on her.

Walk around with 1200HP and think your BKB will keep you safe vs Aghs + Blink Linda if you want to. But expect very poor results in the end. Last 3 deciding team fights, I essentially 1 shot him.

Now that reddit is on the 6.84 hype train I am confident we will get a blog post within a week.

It will either be .

1) 6.84 is tied to Source 2 and oh shit we're behind on source 2 and we really want it out before Ti5 and shit shit shit.

2) 6.84 was tied to source 2 but fuck it we're going to split it up because we can't get this new shit to work.

or it just isn't tied to Source 2 at all and we will get it soon.. I suppose it the last, less exciting option.

Now that reddit is on the 6.84 hype train I am confident we will get a blog post within a week.

It will either be .

1) 6.84 is tied to Source 2 and oh shit we're behind on source 2 and we really want it out before Ti5 and shit shit shit.

2) 6.84 was tied to source 2 but fuck it we're going to split it up because we can't get this new shit to work.

or it just isn't tied to Source 2 at all and we will get it soon.. I suppose it the last, less exciting option.
3) We are on holiday stop asking about 6.84

Quesa

It will either be .

Or! Nothing.

I just think it's funny that the reddit echo chamber is one of the few things that gets a Valve response.

I'd imagine they want to get it out before Ti5 qualifiers start..so May seems reasonable.

Have they released big patches around the time of Ti before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom