• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itll be sooner rather than later but it won't be this or next week

im actually amazed it took this long, I was so proud of them for not bitching so long and all the hyperbolic wurst meta evarrrrr

Private beta is being updated, so progress is being made. It is what it is and I always think it's funny when people praise Icefrog for not buckling to pressure but also demand jmmediate insight.

Next month with compendium is likely if we are being real though.

ViviOggi

Played three games it's okay and the heroes are free

Also unlike in Leeg stuff actually deals damage, they even allow global teleport

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
icefrog giff 6.84 pls

my wishlist:
-big nerfs to troll/sniper
-very minor nerfs to venge, bat, wisp, SF, lion, storm, and earthshaker (I'm talking PA 330/440/550 crit nerf lol)
-slight nerf to MoM/skaadi (or make lifesteal no longer an orb to indirectly nerf the latter)
-lots of spread out buffs to unpopular heroes (alch, ursa, huskar, BH, kotl, sven, etc...)
-a little more gold bounty for taking t3 towers/raxx
-very slight nerf to the gold comeback mechanic (mostly targetted at the team networth aspect, I don't like how losing your 1-10 support w/ 900 hp on a winning team still nets the enemy team a shit ton of gold)
-moderate nerf to the xp comeback mechanic (no one fight should ever award 10k+ xp, that's something that the winning team probably accrued over 25 minutes of laning and killing rofl)

leggo

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
We've got our first IHL games this weekend, and I'm psyched! Here's the schedule:
Preseason Week 1 Official Games said:
Friday
-Team Hupsel vs Team Jambi @ 4 PM PST

Saturday
-Team Crow vs Team Vade @ 1 PM PST
-Team Madouu vs Team Normalfish @ 6 PM PST

Sunday

-Team Freakinchair vs Team I H8 Memes @ 11 AM PST
-Team Pillow vs Team Ksan @ 12 PM PST
-Team Tobe vs Team Dreams-visions @ 1 PM PST
-Team A Sentient Keyboard vs Team JakkuFurosu @ 2 PM PST
-Team Ellen Pudge vs team Arab @ 5 PM PST
-Team Megaridley vs Team Hylian7 @ 6 PM PST

IN THE FUTURE, YOU CAN FIND THE SCHEDULE HERE!!.

Remember that pretty much anyone can cast the games as long as you have a stream up and are actually casting and have it on 2 minutes delay. Make sure to put your twitch in the broadcaster channel. Also remember, no spectators aside from admins and casters, no exceptions.

All games should be ticketed (so notify an admin to host your lobby), and games can be viewed through twitch (aka our casters) or through dotatv as we have an in game ticket. Can spec off someone from the IHL guild I'm sure, or go to the tournaments ---> amateur league tab and find ours.

I'll also refer to teams by their actual names in the future (w/ captain name in parentheses), but for week 1 I'm using captain names.

Sianos

The goal isn't to nerf the heroes to the point where they are no longer viable. Rather than nerf the heroes back into obscurity, just make them more reasonable to deal with through scaling changes, mana cost nerfs, cooldowns, etc.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The goal isn't to nerf the heroes to the point where they are no longer viable. Rather than nerf the heroes back into obscurity, just make them more reasonable to deal with through scaling changes, mana cost nerfs, cooldowns, etc.

the goal is TO THE FUCKING GROUND
kappa

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
make his blind and/or bash less ridiculous and he'll be okay I think. He shouldn't be able to just stand in the middle of 5 with bkb and take 0 damage.

See, I like his blind, bash, and movespeed. These are core parts of troll to me. What I don't like is how a hero who gets A LOT of survivability from his miss chance/MS/bash also gets a lot from melee form giving him +100 hp, +3 armor, and his base stats all being very high with nice stat gains on top of that. So to me, take away the 100 hp on melee form and the 3 armor (maybe give him +1 base armor to compensate a bit).

The other popular suggestion I liked is taking away the ally effect on his ulti, and making that an aghs (so like sven in this regard). So he's still the same absurd troll (base hero wise), but he no longer gives his team an auto win teamfight and late game button.

The former targets his laning/early game, the latter targets his late/utility. I like both. Icefrog rarely does what people expect though, I'm sure he'll come up with something good.

Icefrog should do something to Dragon Knight because before I got him in single draft today I didnt even remember that was a hero

Yeah he was hit hard, indirectly, by all the deathball nerfs. I feel like it's time to give some of these deathball heroes that were annihilated an aghs effect (DK, DP most notably). Heroes like lycan and razor (and to a lesser extent, shadow shaman) are fine.

Acinixys

make his blind and/or bash less ridiculous and he'll be okay I think. He shouldn't be able to just stand in the middle of 5 with bkb and take 0 damage.

No even

Make whirling axes cost 100 - 150 mana and his ult cost 75

Hes instantly way less easy to lane

Yeah he was hit hard, indirectly, by all the deathball nerfs. I feel like it's time to give some of these deathball heroes that were annihilated an aghs effect (DK, DP most notably). Heroes like lycan and razor (and to a lesser extent, shadow shaman) are fine.

DK Aghs = Perma Dragon Form and + range on attacks

Would make him a beast lategame

The former targets his laning/early game, the latter targets his late/utility. I like both. Icefrog rarely does what people expect though, I'm sure he'll come up with something good.
This is why I love the balance patches so much. So much crazy shit and theorycrafting that result from them.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i dunno if i am just being crazy but i've played a few games where i swear, every time there was a teamfight in the game my ping skyrocketed. in the game i just played, during every teamfight my ping went up to 3000. only during teamfights. and at the end of the game the enemy team pushed, my ping went to 3k, i died, and it dropped back down to 35. then i bought back, and it went back up to 3k.

i feel like i'm going crazy here. is this something that the netcode could actually be responsible for? because goddamn is it frustrating to lag out and die every time an enemy hero shows up.

Acinixys

EiABKxz.jpg

Manus

I feel like this patch peaked at the DAC tourney and just went stale after that. We got some amazing games from that tournament, but afterwards things just got boring.

I feel like this patch peaked at the DAC tourney and just went stale after that. We got some amazing games from that tournament, but afterwards things just got boring.

i think there has been some headway since just not as drastic

spirit breaker and as GODELSMETRIC has said maybe a chaos knight or two

people are still experimenting and figuring things out

just that new things are fun and wanted

and the narrative of stale and old and boring has kicked in

but this is what happens every patch so whatevs no big deal

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
For me it's not the troll and sniper that's annoying, because they're frequently banned out

It's the SF, Lion, Venge, around it that I'm getting lowkey bored of

Yeah I don't really feel like SF is OP right now, overpicked maybe. Nerfing Euls already nerfs every hero that buys it, so he really doesn't need an extra nerf.

Nerfing Euls would also mean having to buff the weaker heroes that typically buy Euls, like DP.

Pratfall

4200 gold item for a hero with crappy as, base damage and movement speed doesn't see that crazy. But I wouldn't know.

just feel like it would turn him into a really excellent farmer and pusher. AoE clearing waves and mowing down towers all the time. Could be a complete nonstarter but there is a reason why a DK never wants to fight without dragonform. You never want your DK to be your number 1 right clicker anyway.

while double elimination bo3 is the best for viewers and teams (more games, more fair structure)

we have tons of tournaments its okay to have a bo1 group stage into single elim for top 4

shira

Format is legit terrible. Audio isn't going to happen after they ask the teams for permission.

I asked PPD and Charlie and they both said they would do it if it "wasn't intrusive." So there is a chance. Like if they give them a signal light in the booths and just go radio silent for 2 minutes and troll the audience.

edit: yep,

MLGAdam: We will be doing curated listen ins, but not releasing full team audio.

edit: I just realized only EG speaks english in-game. CYKA! 씨발!!! Fittnylle!!!!

ROFL Akke tried to relocate Loda back to safety but forgot to tether in time, leaving Loda to die.

I was wondering why the hell Wisp was taking so long to save him

I asked PPD and Charlie and they both said they would do it if it "wasn't intrusive." So there is a chance. Like if they give them a signal light in the booths and just go radio silent for 2 minutes and troll the audience.

edit: yep,

MLGAdam: We will be doing curated listen ins, but not releasing full team audio.

edit: I just realized only EG speaks english in-game. CYKA! 씨발!!! Fittnylle!!!!
Yeah they wanted full audio and got them to agree on the curated listen ins instead.

Venue looks pretty decent but it's way smaller than the original Columbus venue. Doesn't really have that much of an audience.

Are any gaffes going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom