• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just installed my 970
smile.gif

Grats. Great card. Loving mine.

Artanisix

GGs to inkls/hylian7 yesterday btw! Fun games all around.

My team will be looking for more scrims, so just hit me up if you're interested in casual scrims.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
**There might be a potential delay for Game 1**

Will update when we know more.

Since there was no hard/fast rule on game delays, I'm going to go ahead and add a new rule concerning this before the regular season begins:

Rule on delays said:
If both captains agree to delay their scheduled game, for any particular reason, they will have until the end of the scheduled day to play their bo2. If the games are not played by the end of the day, both teams will go 0-2 for the week, no exceptions. So captains that have 5 players ready to go at match time, be wary of agreeing to a delay--it's at your own risk if the games are not played later. No exceptions.

If a delay is not agreed upon by both captains, these rules apply:
Official matches must be played within 15 minutes of their scheduled time. If a captain/team is late, they will be given a 15 minute grace period. After 15 minutes have passed, the team without 5 players will forfeit the first match. Another 15 minutes of wait time will be granted for the second match.
In the case of a DQ, the captain with 5 players must contact an admin who will then confirm that one team has all 5 players in the lobby and is ready to play, and the other is not. If for whatever reason, an admin is unavailable (this should RARELY occur), the captain with 5 players must send a screenshot of all 5 of his players in the game lobby, with a timestamp, to an admin.

As always, see the actual rules page for more details.

The best part is the the Russian, Spanish and Chinese stream are all on twitch. Only the English stream goes through the MLG site

rofl

the english part is official coverage, JD and MLG are in a partnership on this. hence soe and friends hosting
MLG player is alright, only annoying thing is the anti adblock

that qop fell off horribly, can't understand how she still has no aghs

Are MLG still running that stupid anti Adblock thing? I've got Adblock turned on there and it's running just fine.

^Yes they are, apparently

the english part is official coverage, JD and MLG are in a partnership on this. hence soe and friends hosting
MLG player is alright, only annoying thing is the anti adblock

that qop fell off horribly, can't understand how she still has no aghs

I've never had an issue with the MLG player, I don't use adblock though, think using adblock on streaming sites is a pretty shitty thing to do honestly

Hylian7

I have found myself going Soul Ring on Storm mostly lately, and honestly I would call it mandatory. You have an easier time taking an early kill and can probably still go back to farming without a base trip or bottle crow.

I still think going BKB first on him is game losing though. I have yet to see a Storm without something like Orchid before that win.

Sniper has bounced back and forth from being strong to irrelevant in the short time of Dota I've played.

What hero has this occured with the most in the history of Dota? Also what role is this most likely occur with? I'm assuming carries see the most fluctuations since they seem to get the most complaints.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
GG LAN TEAM AUDIO

'WHERE IS MORPHLING'
*CROWD LAUGHS*
'OH THE CROWD LAUGHED HES PROBABLY IN THE TREES'
PLS CASTERS ur mic volume is very low. crank it up cuz it's hard to hear in game
DotaTV in general is just lower almost all the time for everyone it seems. Change your in game setting for voice volume vs game sound/music.

Sniper has bounced back and forth from being strong to irrelevant in the short time of Dota I've played.

What hero has this occured with the most in the history of Dota? Also what role is this most likely occur with? I'm assuming carries see the most fluctuations since they seem to get the most complaints.

I'd say Nyx is up there for Dota 2. and Morph. Can't speak to Dota 1, though.

Lycan was top tier, then got nerfed into the ground, then got buffed, was top tier again, then got nerfed and now he's a situational pick.

Randdalf

Just played with a Troll Warlord. He had approximately 5 light years of space for 30 mins as the enemy team spent the whole game standing next to their T1 mid because they were terrified of Nyx + Bounty. After finally cajoling him to push mid we wipe their team and push down mid, and then proceed to not take mid rax because he's busy trying to dive their ancient and farm creeps. He then dies on his own, feeding a huge streak to their carry, buys back and then he dies again. GG.

Hylian7

When was Sniper ever strong before now? As long as I have been playing he has always been considered bad until now.

Anyway Lycan is a good answer to this, someone else elaborated on that one. My answer is Troll. When the hero released in Dota 2 he was OP, you saw him even more often on pubs than you do now. He was nerfed, buffed, and nerfed in minor ways, was irrelevant for a while, to how he is now.

Probably the biggest swing I remember though was Centaur Warruner. Before he came to Dota 2, his ultimate was just a passive strength gain like Marksmanship (with no disable mechanic like Drow). Then, in 2012, a new balance patch came out, and Centaur was released for Dota 2. In Dota 1, the hero was just okay. That balance patch changed his ultimate to Stampede, and holy shit, I don't think I have ever seen a faster "b" patch.

When he came out in Dota 2, Stampede STUNNED everyone you ran into, in addition to Hoof Stomp. That's right, your no-stun (or all-stun) team became a FIVE MAN STUNNING MACHINE and there wasn't a damn thing to be done about it other than try to pick Centaur before the other team.

It took around a week for the "b" patch to come out, which changed the Stampede stun into the 100% slow we know now.

Also Magnus hit Dota 2 shortly before Centaur did, so there were absolutely disgusting combos during Centaur's week of terror.

I never want to relive that week again.

I seem to recall sniper being strong about a year and half ago and then falling off (before the tutorial). Maybe he wasn't as strong as I'm remembering since I hadn't played for that long then.

The centuar possible double stun sounds horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom