• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
was at mlg cbus today. pretty dope. supposedly eg went home and not today won't be in till another hour. they took a forfeit against eg and maybe nip

they had flight issues which is why they're late

pompidu

When he came out in Dota 2, Stampede STUNNED everyone you ran into, in addition to Hoof Stomp. That's right, your no-stun (or all-stun) team became a FIVE MAN STUNNING MACHINE and there wasn't a damn thing to be done about it other than try to pick Centaur before the other team.

I woulda stopped playing this game forever if I was around for that.

shira

was at mlg cbus today. pretty dope. supposedly eg went home and not today won't be in till another hour. they took a forfeit against eg and maybe nip

they had flight issues which is why they're late

This is idiotic, why didn't EG just play NIP instead of losses for Not Today. Are they supposed to control the weather?

shira

MLG kind of screwing this up with giving NT a loss and now forcing them to play after just arriving.

cBj1LTf.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
troll is lowkey outrageous

i feel like one of the best nerfs they could give him is give him a slower attack animation. just make it harder to farm. you can pretty much afk in the lane and farm decently atm.

Hylian7

troll is lowkey outrageous

i feel like one of the best nerfs they could give him is give him a slower attack animation. just make it harder to farm. you can pretty much afk in the lane and farm decently atm.
Dumb nerf idea: make the melee/range switch animation .5s

Probably wouldn't be enough though.

Seville

What happened?

NoT was late for their matches today because they schedule their flight for the day of the Tournament. The flights got delayed and MLG pushed their matches to the last matches of the day. They still couldn't make it in time so they got a def loss against EG.

Reason this happened was because NoT booked their flights themselves instead of MLG doing it. Now Cyborgmat is on twitter posting lies about how MLG didn't pay for much of the travel and what not. MLG ADAM is refuting all the bullshit hes posting and cyborgmatt is stirring shit up because for some reason he wants to see event fail.

And he was posting a lot of shit on Twitter but now that MLG has refuted everything he's silent on twitter now..lmfao no apology or anything..wonder if he would be saying the same thing if it was another organizer running this tourny besides jd. lool

https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/586730667960053760

https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/586733841345183744

https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp

Hylian7

NoT was late for their matches today because they schedule their flight for the day of the Tournament. The flights got delayed and MLG pushed their matches to the last matches of the day. They still couldn't make it in time so they got a def loss against EG.

Reason this happened was because NoT booked their flights themselves instead of MLG doing it. Now Cyborgmat is on twitter posting lies about how MLG didn't pay for much of the travel and what not. MLG ADAM is refuting all the bullshit hes posting and cyborgmatt is stirring shit up because for some reason he wants to see event fail.

And he was posting a lot of shit on Twitter but now that MLG has refuted everything he's silent on twitter now..lmfao no apology or anything..wonder if he would be saying the same thing if it was another organizer running this tourny besides jd. lool
Ohhh boy, drama.

Big Dog

Not sure how to feel about this situation, but this just goes to show how the subreddit is probably more harm than good for the community. The thread about it is just people parotting, "hey look its cyborgmatt trying to be relevant again" when he is massively important to the game as a community informer and current manager of Secret. I don't understand how they hate someone one day, then upvote their contributions to the front page the next...

Seville

Not sure how to feel about this situation, but this just goes to show how the subreddit is probably more harm than good for the community. The thread about it is just people parotting, "hey look its cyborgmatt trying to be relevant again" when he is massively important to the game as a community informer and current manager of Secret. I don't understand how they hate someone one day, then upvote their contributions to the front page the next...

Mostly cause he's stirring shit up he has no knowledge of. I mean it would be one thing to criticize MLG for the forfeit, but posting lies that are refuted by MLG themselves is pretty dumb no matter how you look at it.

Seville

Don't worry. You'll understand when Not Today posts their side.

Yeah but it's not fair of you to post that stuff you did when you weren't in the loop of anything. You are someone the community looks for information about and you were posting stuff that wasn't true.

The only thing I was out of date on was the hotels being booked which probably happened after the teams pulled out due to poor travel stipend and they needed to ensure that no one else did.

MLG broke rule one and put the decision in the hands of the teams again instead of making their own decision as an admin.

Also if they knew a week ago that Not Today had poor flights you would book your own and take it out of their prize pool or take the cost as a hit.

shira

The only thing I was out of date on was the hotels being booked which probably happened after the teams pulled out due to poor travel stipend and they needed to ensure that no one else did.

MLG broke rule one and put the decision in the hands of the teams again instead of making their own decision as an admin.

Also if they knew a week ago that Not Today had poor flights you would book your own and take it out of their prize pool or take the cost as a hit.

Do you get to speak your 2cents to admins when you were on the job at Starladder/Summit/etc?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, even with the def loss, NT isn't in too bad of shape, since it was vs one of the stronger teams. It sucks, but they could still end up in 3rd or 4th easily and have their second chance.

Hylian7

And how it used to stun. That hero was hilariously broken for about a week.
Yep, that was what I was initially talking about when I brought him up. Shit was pick Centaur or you lose. 6.79 Earth Spirit was another balance atrocity, and he is still a bit OP, but still nothing like 6.79.

For those that weren't around for it, basically 6.79 ES had the effects for Geomagnetic Grip and Boulder Smash reversed, where Grip was the stun, and Smashing a rock into someone was the silence.

This meant you were guaranteed a free solo kill at level 3 mid, just remnant behind opponent, Grip it, roll, Smash them toward your tower.

For those that weren't around for it, basically 6.79 ES had the effects for Geomagnetic Grip and Boulder Smash reversed, where Grip was the stun, and Smashing a rock into someone was the silence.
I will say that smacking a rock into someone at high speed thematically makes a lot more sense as a stun than a silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom