• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but they said he was a bad hero now
being able to farm ancient stacks was stupid as fuck and made him OP because his farm went through the roof
He's still a strong hero but needs more time to farm items, and can be countered more easily because of that

I wish Tobi would just go and cast CS:GO or some other game that I don't give a damn about.
If that means having BTS trash for tournaments no thanks. tobi is top tier

DrPizza

Banned
Tobi is toilet tier. No game knowledge, no insight, can't pronounce hero names correctly, and to top it all off, he's a lecherous racist.

Tobi is toilet tier. No game knowledge, no insight, can't pronounce hero names correctly, and to top it all off, he's a lecherous racist.

so-good.gif

You smell of leddit

Pretty sure you don't have to read reddit to think that "lame as a niggers [sic] baby" is racist.

I'm talking about your whole post.
No game knowledge ? No insight ? lmao
Can't pronounce heroes' names ? Please, there's maybe a dozen he has a weird way of pronouncing (luner), but that's what is called an accent, and his is far from the worst accent in the scene

Zyori dreads trigger warning
1KQ

He can't pronounce anything correctly, and no it's not because of the accent. He used to be able to get away with not knowing jack shit about the game since there were a lot of people that didn't know anything around TI1/TI2. But while spectators are starting to learn more and more about Dota(even if the increase in knowledge might be marginal), he hasn't shown any improvement in his casting at all and I'd even argue that he's gotten worse.

Casters like Capitalist and KotLGuy who I thought were the worst at first have worked hard at improving and there's been more and more (ex-)pros like Waga, Synderen, Merlini and Blitz that offer way more insight than Tobi will ever be able to. Not to mention new upcoming casters like ODPixel.

There's no place in casting for people like Tobi anymore imo.

do you also call microsoft M$ by any chance?
Oh noes
He can't pronounce anything correctly, and no it's not because of the accent. He used to be able to get away with not knowing jack shit about the game since there were a lot of people that didn't know anything around TI1/TI2. But while spectators are starting to learn more and more about Dota(even if the increase in knowledge might be marginal), he hasn't shown any improvement in his casting at all and I'd even argue that he's gotten worse.

Casters like Capitalist and KotLGuy who I thought were the worst at first have worked hard at improving and there's been more and more (ex-)pros like Waga, Synderen, Merlini and Blitz that offer way more insight than Tobi will ever be able to. Not to mention new upcoming casters like ODPixel.

There's no place in casting for people like Tobi anymore imo.
Hahaha holy shit

DrPizza

Banned
Oh god, now a cast of Tobi making "Drow" rhyme with "throw" and not "how". And no, that's not his accent, because he can say "how" correctly.

I mean, this is the hero that he is most lecherous about and he can't even get her name right.

Oh god, now a cast of Tobi making "Drow" rhyme with "throw" and not "how". And no, that's not his accent, because he can say "how" correctly.

I mean, this is the hero that he is most lecherous about and he can't even get her name right.

Just like cap yet I don't see you crying about him
edit : well you need to listen better

Manus

Tobi kept saying that when Drow doesn't activate her aura the familiars don't receive it. This isn't true anymore right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think Tobi is a bad caster, I mainly dislike him for when he would refuse to cast or throw a fit when casting "lower tier" teams, which he did a lot in the time between TI1 and TI3.

Tobi's issue is he needs someone who can just deliver facts/knowledge paired with him. Tobi is fantastic at building up hype, he just needs someone else for downtime/theorycrafting in the match.

Hylian7

I'm talking about your whole post.
No game knowledge ? No insight ? lmao
Can't pronounce heroes' names ? Please, there's maybe a dozen he has a weird way of pronouncing (luner), but that's what is called an accent, and his is far from the worst accent in the scene

1KQ
I like his voice but I really can't ignore the fact that he is racist, and multiple times he has proven this. Because of that I do not care for him.

There is also the whole thing about him whining about casting "less important" games at TI. You are at fucking TI casting and throwing a fit because you don't get the match you want? Give me a break.

On this note though, this reminded me of a musing I had the other day. I was in a solo MM game at around the 3.5k-3.6k level, and was talking to my teammates and one of them said they got matched with Zyori the other day. They said they "lost respect" for him since he is only 3.5k. To me I think this is a bit unfair, now Zyori may not be the best example though, because a lot of people don't like him, but it applies to any caster really.

The point is that execution and game knowledge are two different things. You could be a great caster and not a great player. I told that teammate "Well that is probably why he casts and doesn't play." It really can be a whole different game playing in a game vs watching in one. I know I have personally had games that felt like a comeback because it felt like everything early to mid game went wrong, but a friend watching the same game would tell me "Just keep it up, you guys are out farming them by a mile." and sure enough, we won the game.

Perspective makes things interesting.

Hylian7

What the fuck is that over extension from mvp lmao, this looks like 3k mmr
It's funny to me there still is a stigma against 3k MNR despite that most likely still being on the higher end of the bell curve (like 80% or higher I think). Purge talked about this in a video the other day, and he thinks the initial MMR distribution Valve released back in 2013 is still pretty close to what we see today. It has probably shifted slightly to put the 5k and 6k on there, but there aren't that many of those compared to the rest of the populace.

Just talking about how over agressive that play was

Sumail probably winning this game with the luckiest ever rosh snag. That jump was from across half the map and he got the rosh kill + aegis + plenty of kills. 1 second earlier or later he just dies

Hylian7

Jesus christ that storm play
I bet he gets some kind of slap on the wrist nerf next patch. Hero is really good right now.
Just talking about how over agressive that play was

Sumail probably winning this game with the luckiest ever rosh snag. That jump was from across half the map and he got the rosh kill + aegis + plenty of kills. 1 second earlier or later he just dies
Fair enough, although I can't watch this game right now, so I don't know what exactly you are talking about.

Hylian7

Icefrog isn't a nickname for somebody else we know, he's just some dude who doesn't appear in public really
And why do you care who he is actually ?
We actually don't know that for sure technically. He wants to know for the same reason anyone else wants to know: It's a mystery, made even more interesting by the fact that he is the guy that balances the game.
but they said he was a bad hero now
Steve. What did I tell you?

Icefrog isn't a nickname for somebody else we know, he's just some dude who doesn't appear in public really
And why do you care who he is actually ?

You really don't understand that someone who has been deliberately obscured from public view attracts peoples' curiosity? Or are you just being contrary?

All I'm saying is he's not the guy who appears "hidden in plain sight" but more like the guy who's not in it for the fame, so I doubt you ever "saw him but didn't know"

All I'm saying is he's not the guy who appears "hidden in plain sight" but more like the guy who's not in it for the fame, so I doubt you ever "saw him but didn't know"

I think the idea that folks have likely seen him before is probably because so much dota has been 'televised'. 4 Internationals, countless LANs... It seems very likely that he's been on stream before in the background.

3 charges on mana void sounds legit
hello storm and dusa

I don't understand the mkb on sniper, daedalus would do much more right now

ministun for WD in case nobody else can stun him out of ult, ministun to slow down/scare AM, and generally good damage.

I expect daedalus will be next. Both were item purchases I expected from Fear; the only question was order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom