• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
p0TXJHz.jpg

I demand Envy bet let in.

wew, what happened to newbee? going from winning TI last year to struggling to even get into TS3?

wat
CCf_NR_UwAATPaN.jpg:large

Ok, I'm dropping them to 3rd and bumping NIP and ASUS.Polar ;_;

Do the teams think a terrific performance at Summit 3 might earn them an auto invite to TI5 hence the crazy redemption promises? I mean $80k isn't a terrible first place prize, but it is somewhat small when compared to whatever TI5 will be.
The Summit 3 will happen after the TI5 invites are already done.

Hylian7

Dont be so sure

Its a terrible and brain dead game but its very fun with friends

And games only last 30 mins max, which makes it an easy time waster

Still needs to commit one way or the other in my opinion.

Like (shameless self-plug) Call of Champions does, where the games are five minutes (time limited) and there are no creeps.

Honestly I wonder why HotS has creeps if there is no last hitting. All it really does is create a zone of conflict, when at that point why are there the individual creeps if just being near them is enough? Just seems kind of silly in my opinion. My company came up with the concept of the orb instead of any kind of creeps, which basically serves the same purpose but is more to the point: Some kind of medium to push towers with.

There are a lot of weird design quirks I don't care for in HotS though.

By the way, I never got to answer this when it was happening, but yes, that was in fact me casting Call of Champions on that Twitch stream. Some people told me about the chat.
crazy.gif

That's a DnD Beholder

That creature for Doom was based on the DnD Beholder, so you could make a case for either.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Heroes of the Storm is another Blizzard game that would be completely forgettable if released by someone else.

Hylian7

Heroes of the Storm is another Blizzard game that would be completely forgettable if released by someone else.

Accurate.

Maybe this is a topic for it's own thread, but I understand that the MOBA market is huge these days, but so many of them, including even Blizzard to a degree, fail to understand that they don't have to stick to being LoL or Dota 2 in a way to be successful. Now granted Blizzard has legacy to live off of for HotS, but what about every other MOBA that doesn't have that legacy? They all need some kind of catch to them.

Great examples of this are of course, my company's own Call of Champions, but I also hear Awesomenauts and Smite are decent as they do something different (one is 2D, the other controls like a third person action game). They take pride on their differences rather than "me-tooing" on everything.

That said, I do have to give Blizzard a bit of credit for at least trying with doing the different maps, and stuff like Abathur.

Hylian7

When are you going to release gameplay footage? The only footage currently online is some shitty 3 minute phone cam rubbish on youtube.

wasnt there a whole tournament played already

Yeah, and like half this thread was in chat for it.

It was at the SXSW Gaming Expo, where I casted for it. The footage from that was all off screen though due to our limitations (with high quality cameras though).

We did a top 10 compilation of moments from SXSW, which may or may not be voiced by me:
cheeky.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VroPYrgSkt8

There is some direct feed footage on our YouTube channel as well, I would say the "class reveal" videos have some of the best direct feed footage on there. There will be a lot more ramping up soon though.
DsrA6Kc.gif

Acinixys

it's gta day

200,000 people downloading 60gb at once.

I watched a little bit of GTA on twitch last night. It looks amazing. I generally dislike GTA games but I was impressed as hell at the way NPCs interact with your player character

Also +/- 4 streamers showed their game key on their stream and then couldn't play because someone had stolen their key

1367471169227.jpg

Raytow

reminds me of rtz showing the nel ihl password lobby in his stream, of course that is less aggravating than losing a 60$ game.

I wonder how many people are triple dipping for GTA 5. Double dipping I can understand (since the PS4/Xbone/PC version is "the one they wanted to make") but spending $180 US on one game on three seperate platforms is a bit extreme.

(That's about $300+ AU for those keeping track)

I wonder how many people are triple dipping for GTA 5. Double dipping I can understand (since the PS4/Xbone/PC version is "the one they wanted to make") but spending $180 US on one game on three seperate platforms is a bit extreme.

(That's about $300+ AU for those keeping track)

Dont underestimate the the hardcore GTA fanbase. They love that shit.

I watched a little bit of GTA on twitch last night. It looks amazing. I generally dislike GTA games but I was impressed as hell at the way NPCs interact with your player character

Also +/- 4 streamers showed their game key on their stream and then couldn't play because someone had stolen their key

1367471169227.jpg

Some people on MMO get all their stuff stolen, some streamer lost all his accounts on french MMORPG Dofus because he let his password appear from a skype convo (lol), and lost virtually tens of thousands of euros (black market value)
Yep, people are stoopid

In these people case it's "just" 60$, don't think their lives are ruined, that'll show them if anything :p

There's a dude who's quint dipping (ps3 360 ps4 xone pc) on gaf lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom