• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

The most infuriating thing is that this is from the company that created the engine RTS games that started this whole craze to begin with. I don't understand why this is such a hard thing to get right, and why PC MOBA games are so afraid of letting you click on something other than your hero to move it.

Dota is for men
LoL is for babies
HotS is for people who only learned to turn on a PC yesterday

Also im done with Dota till the patch arrives

Just had two games in a row with FOTM heroes. Its no fun when a Jugger with only Phase and MoM gets ultra kills constantly

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Reminded to why some ppl dont like dota. Thanks 'white pig fuck off' for reminding me

Can't play US West at this time apparently.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if there are any 2k mmr players lurking, send me a pm so that we can stack together sometime, playing pub dota is literally the opposite of fun

beM28uF.png

Chris R

I actually had a 4 stack that wasn't too bad last night.

Other than a puck who couldn't puck and fed pudge mid, and a support warlock who bought a second courier a full minute after I did.

NBtoaster

Dotabuff now gives you a bunch of stats about how you play hourly/daily/weekly/monthly.

t9QETT8.png

I seem to be in peak condition at 9pm. Midnight Dota doesn't seem to work out that well.

W1SSY

Summoners Rift just 5 man left against Team Tinker without calling gg. They were salty because Tinker would not let them pause after spending all of their time waiting for Brax to reconnect.

Summoners Rift just 5 man left against Team Tinker without calling gg. They were salty because Tinker would not let them pause after spending all of their time waiting for Brax to reconnect.
Hey the rules are the rules they didn't need to and they let them for some reason.

Chris R

Black-san just wrecking fools. Maybe TT stands a chance in the NA Doto scene now.

Dotabuff now gives you a bunch of stats about how you play hourly/daily/weekly/monthly.

t9QETT8.png

I seem to be in peak condition at 9pm. Midnight Dota doesn't seem to work out that well.
My winrate peaks at 1 AM, then goes straight to shit after 4 AM, which makes sense. That's the time I go "yeah one more can't hurt".

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe lately you have lost more than you have won.

Edit: Maybe not, since it seems to have data from the first time you played this game (2012)
Maybe with the trends it is counting old practice games for some reason. Like there Is one day in 2012 that it says I lost 83 games That day.

Last random draft game of the day with inklstack, I'm last pick.
After a hard day of supporting and offlaning, I ask for tinker because he's my all hero challenge hero.
Our picks are slark (safelane), clockwerk (offlane), ursa (jungle). Hupsel has to pick a support.
He is afk and gets randomed sand king.
Being the dota angel that I am, I say: 'oh solo support sk is hell, I'll get another support and we'll put ursa mid instead.'
He says 'okay, pick lina support and lets swap heroes.'
I pick him lina.
He goes mid.
I am solo support sk.

I'm really doing well with spectre and find in my low level pubs that opposing teams are having major issues dealing with her. Even if early game farm is cut off I've been able to make up for it and get items. Two recent matches my team was pushed into base and was still able to get radiance up. A match last night only had one set of rax remaining when I got radiance and still ended up winning the match (a lot of help from an axe and sniper). Ended with 45 assists since sniper and axe took a brunt of the kills once we survived the early push. Squishy heroes can't deal with radiance and haunt since they are at half health by the end of haunt if you didn't jump into the illusion for the easy kills.

At higher levels are teams more aware of this and finish the push not giving the chance for a comeback? To me it seems like Spectre is already a handful with phase, difusal and radiance (typically add heart afterwards) Is this any different at higher MMR? To me that isn't as farm defendant as some people make her seem.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Spec is really weak in the early game, and does not farm jungle fast without Radiance, you can often just harras her out of lane and apply pressure if she tries to farm the jungle.

I'm really doing well with spectre and find in my low level pubs that opposing teams are having major issues dealing with her. Even if early game farm is cut off I've been able to make up for it and get items. Two recent matches my team was pushed into base and was still able to get radiance up. A match last night only had one set of rax remaining when I got radiance and still ended up winning the match (a lot of help from an axe and sniper). Ended with 45 assists since sniper and axe took a brunt of the kills once we survived the early push. Squishy heroes can't deal with radiance and haunt since they are at half health by the end of haunt if you didn't jump into the illusion for the easy kills.

At higher levels are teams more aware of this and finish the push not giving the chance for a comeback? To me it seems like Spectre is already a handful with phase, difusal and radiance (typically add heart afterwards) Is this any different at higher MMR? To me that isn't as farm defendant as some people make her seem.

Yep, like many heroes that require some workaround to play against (Riki, PA, Slark, Weaver, PL, etc.) she's very good in low-tier games if you have a basic understanding of her skillset. Most of my kda/gpm records are with her. She directly benefits from a lot of bad practices that are common in those games.

And yes, you definitely notice when the enemy is used to playing against her. There will be relentless ganks, they will shut you down and control the map and take away any farm as quickly as possible, and they will take advantage of your uselessness in lane.

Honestly the "rush radiance" thing is more situational than core in my view; you can get diffusal blade first (or yasha -> diffusal if farming well) and play her as a mid-game gank terror every time your ult is off cooldown. Manta is absolutely core, though. You can tear through supports in seconds regardless of how early/late the game is.

Yep, like many heroes that require some workaround to play against (Riki, PA, Slark, Weaver, PL, etc.) she's very good in low-tier games if you have a basic understanding of her skillset. Most of my kda/gpm records are with her. She directly benefits from a lot of bad practices that are common in those games.

And yes, you definitely notice when the enemy is used to playing against her. There will be relentless ganks, they will shut you down and control the map and take away any farm as quickly as possible, and they will take advantage of your uselessness in lane.

Honestly the "rush radiance" thing is more situational than core in my view; you can get diffusal blade first (or yasha -> diffusal if farming well) and play her as a mid-game gank terror every time your ult is off cooldown. Manta is absolutely core, though. You can tear through supports in seconds regardless of how early/late the game is.

I always get diffusal after going phase boots since it works great with her skills and picking people off. Typically after this I'll go for radiance. I went refresher with her one match once I had radiance. Was interesting but need more practice with trying double haunt. The ability to jump all around the map against a split farming team may be useful to keep them pinned back or forced to return to base due to low health.

Hylian7

I don't know why I ever stopped playing Tinker. I think he's the chemo to all the cancer in Dota right now.

I encouraged a guy on my team that was thinking about picking Lycan to do it so I could BoTs in on his wolves. It made for some awesome plays.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1399181635

Hell in general I just had like, the best teammates ever. Seriously. The supports had awesome rotations and turned the tables on ganks on me where I almost died, and we got kills out of it. I commended all of my teammates.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

She's good if you have uncontested farm and your team has enough damage / control you can click a little bit in fights.

If your team is feeding because you cant fight well then its bad and if you have a bad lane and there are ganking heroes it's hell. I don't like her right now.

126 hours in and I feel myself getting better (at least I hope) so thats good. Fuck my roommate for getting me into this damn game. If anyone wants to add me my username is the same as my gaf name. Although I dont have an mmr yet because im still level 11. Soon though

shira

Hearthstone on iPhone #iREKT

SL12 April 24-26 Qualified: iG, VG, Tinker, MY, C9, London, Alliance, Secret, Navi*(probably)
t1429894800z1.png

May 1 TI INVITES

Red Bull Battle Grounds May 5-10 Q: MY, iG, +3
t1430856000z4.png

Summit 3 May 13-17 Q: VG, Rave, Secret, C9, NoT, LGD, Alliance*(lol)
t1431536400z1.png

i-League 3 May 19-24 Q: LGD, TT, Alliance, +5
t1432058400z1.png

TI5 Qualifiers (Last week of May)
t1432573200z1.png

MLG S2: Austin June 4-7
t1433437200z1.png

Dreamhack Jonkoping June 13-16
t1434214800z1.png

ESL-ONE Frankfurt June 20-21 Qualified: EG, VG, Secret, VP, Alliance, +3
t1434819600z1.png

*new* WCA July 4-6 Q: iG lol
t1435932000z1.png

126 hours in and I feel myself getting better (at least I hope) so thats good. Fuck my roommate for getting me into this damn game. If anyone wants to add me my username is the same as my gaf name. Although I dont have an mmr yet because im still level 11. Soon though

You should wait till you have a good 300 games at least before jumping into MMR
I'd even suggest 500 or 1000 even

kionedrik

Don't calibrate at 13. The ranked calibration takes into account your hidden MMR that it's used in non-ranked games. I've heard countless stories of people that calibrated as soon as they could and ended up in MMR hell.
Play the game, try all heroes more than once, try builds and items and find your comfort zone/picks, then try ranked games.

A good rule of thumb seems to be to calibrate once you get "normal skill",or higher, games regularly in dotabuff.

The dotabuff winrate trend update showed me that I've been playing dota for exactly a year!

Dota is a pretty good and sometimes fascinating game, and I enjoyed spending my time with it over the last year.

Moppeh

Banned
Don't calibrate at 13. The ranked calibration takes into account your hidden MMR that it's used in non-ranked games. I've heard countless stories of people that calibrated as soon as they could and ended up in MMR hell.
Play the game, try all heroes more than once, try builds and items and find your comfort zone/picks, then try ranked games.

A good rule of thumb seems to be to calibrate once you get "normal skill",or higher, games regularly in dotabuff.

There's something below normal skill?

That an actual 1k5 player will probably never reach 4k or more, even if his level came close to this
With a constant 55% WR (which is pretty high), you'd need a thousand games to do that

Your MMR rises more slowly than your actual level at some point, so calibrating early is a mistake unless you want to keep playing with trashbags your whole life

Anyway ranked MM is pretty garbage as is, better play unranked. Or at least wait to have a decent level to calibrate unless you like pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom