• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8lTidaG.png

I like it. I don't think TA has a ton of good cosmetics.

Hylian7

I watched a little bit of GTA on twitch last night. It looks amazing. I generally dislike GTA games but I was impressed as hell at the way NPCs interact with your player character

Also +/- 4 streamers showed their game key on their stream and then couldn't play because someone had stolen their key

1367471169227.jpg

I bought it, started downloading yesterday. Hopefully it's done by the time I get home from work today.

You can get GTA for under $30 so it's not so bad.

From that Brazilian site you had to use a VPN to activate? As good of as a deal as that sounds, it seems a bit sketchy for me. On top of that I had $45 Steam $ anyway, so no real reason not to use it.

manfestival

I bought it, started downloading yesterday. Hopefully it's done by the time I get home from work today.

From that Brazilian site you had to use a VPN to activate? As good of as a deal as that sounds, it seems a bit sketchy for me. On top of that I had $45 Steam $ anyway, so no real reason not to use it.

the site is legit

Hylian7

the site is legit

Well regardless I had Steam $.

We need a new patch so damn badly. I am sick and tired of Troll, and Snipper to a slightly lesser degree. Troll does almost everything you want in a hero.

Stun/bash? Check
Blind? Chck
Attack Speed? Check
Damage? Check
Melee? Check
Range? Check
EHP? Check

He's squishy early game, sure and vulnerable to magic, but 90% of the time what's going to happen is you'll get him down to almost no HP with magic damage, then he Whirling Axes in your face, you try to right click him, miss, and he either gets away or kills you and gets away.

Yesterday I was playing Tinker, and I blinked into trees away from someone, and I didn't know the enemy troll showed up. I was very low, TPing out, then suddenly whirling axes which gave him vision to pop range and hit me....

This hero does goddamn everything.

i have always thought about the dotaverse and how strong it is in relation to other fiction. i really think lore wise some dota heros would probably take on the DBZ universe and come out as winners.

Hylian7

i have always thought about the dotaverse and how strong it is in relation to other fiction. i really think lore wise some dota heros would probably take on the DBZ universe and come out as winners.

Goku would try to approach Snipper and Snipper would just headshot him over and over again.

shira

anuxi why is your dazzle set so expensive, i want it so badly.
cry.gif
It was $4 at TI4, people are just greedy.

Hearthstone and HotS are fun as hell.

People win or lose and nobody gives a fuck because you can grind out more games, you get blizzard points, and you can play offline. And it doesn't matter since games are like 5-10 minutes.

Best Drow set I've seen in months.

So Sylvannas is Drow Ranger and Windrunner at the same time?
Sylvannas is Drow, Alleria is Windranger.
Sylvannas is the Ranger-General who becomes the Dark Ranger

Traxex is the Drow Ranger

Alleria is the Windrunner

Lyralei is the Windranger

I was drawing parallels, that's why I said Alleria is Windranger, should have said Alleria Windrunner = Lyralei Windranger. So Traxex isn't based on Sylvannas? My bad then.

Hylian7

HotS is a lot of missed opportunities and half-assery.

Probably one of the biggest things that annoys me is the half-assed micro mechanics. Now I don't know if this is different for the Lost Vikings hero, but for the Brewmaster one (I forget his name), he has a heroic ability which is the signature split. However your pandas are stuck in this stupid triangle formation the whole time and the only control you have over it is to spread them out and then they slowly close in. Like....why can't they just let players micro their stuff? That shit makes absolutely no sense.

yo Heroes of the Storm is pretty sick

said nobody

HotS is a lot of missed opportunities and half-assery.

Probably one of the biggest things that annoys me is the half-assed micro mechanics. Now I don't know if this is different for the Lost Vikings hero, but for the Brewmaster one (I forget his name), he has a heroic ability which is the signature split. However your pandas are stuck in this stupid triangle formation the whole time and the only control you have over it is to spread them out and then they slowly close in. Like....why can't they just let players micro their stuff? That shit makes absolutely no sense.
gotta get that skill ceiling as low as possible

Hylian7

said nobody

gotta get that skill ceiling as low as possible

The most infuriating thing is that this is from the company that created the engine RTS games that started this whole craze to begin with. I don't understand why this is such a hard thing to get right, and why PC MOBA games are so afraid of letting you click on something other than your hero to move it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Well regardless I had Steam $.

We need a new patch so damn badly. I am sick and tired of Troll, and Snipper to a slightly lesser degree. Troll does almost everything you want in a hero.

Stun/bash? Check
Blind? Chck
Attack Speed? Check
Damage? Check
Melee? Check
Range? Check
EHP? Check

He's squishy early game, sure and vulnerable to magic, but 90% of the time what's going to happen is you'll get him down to almost no HP with magic damage, then he Whirling Axes in your face, you try to right click him, miss, and he either gets away or kills you and gets away.

Yesterday I was playing Tinker, and I blinked into trees away from someone, and I didn't know the enemy troll showed up. I was very low, TPing out, then suddenly whirling axes which gave him vision to pop range and hit me....

This hero does goddamn everything.
You forgot slow, flying vision, and movespeed, and global ulti

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
when your team consists of troll, LC, phoenix, and skywrath, and everyone has put their lane markers in place, and the last person on your team picks PA and runs to the offlane

ibqPzfqRS1cCA2.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
skywrath: 'please no flaming, constructive criticism only!'
me: 'ok. please don't ever pick pa into this lineup again'

The fucking worst is picking a solo offlane hero and then that last moron picks another offlaner and leeches your fucking xp and does nothing but feed occasionally and push the wave

Indeed I did. Literally everything.
Still don't think there's a hero with a more complete toolset than Earth Spirit. There's no other hero that has:

A stun skill
A silencing skill
An escape/initiate skill that's also a slow
A DoT(THAT REFRESHES)

Aside from that he also has:
A poor man's blink(the kick)
A rich man's Force Staff(the pull)
A rich man's Lasso if you get Aghs.

The best thing is that the first are ALL aoe, so you can potentially hit an entire team with them. And don't bother checking whether any hero even comes close to that toolset, I checked. Only thing ES doesn't have is a nuke.

Still don't think there's a hero with a more complete toolset than Earth Spirit. There's no other hero that has:

A stun skill
A silencing skill
A DoT(THAT REFRESHES)

The best thing is that the first are ALL aoe, so you can potentially hit an entire team with them. And don't bother checking whether any hero even comes close to that toolset, I checked. Only thing ES doesn't have is a nuke.

gap closer
stun
skill shots
AoE damage ult

Huh.

Current earth spirit is ok, he doesn't snowball like fuck when he gets lv 3-5 (seriously that was stupid as fuck) and kind of falls off

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if there are any 2k mmr players lurking, send me a pm so that we can stack together sometime, playing pub dota is literally the opposite of fun

Hylian7

A stun skill
A silencing skill
A DoT(THAT REFRESHES)

gap closer
stun
skill shots
AoE damage ult

Huh.

Current earth spirit is ok, he doesn't snowball like fuck when he gets lv 3-5 (seriously that was stupid as fuck) and kind of falls off

He's not as stupidly OP as he used to be, just very strong right now. However he doesn't have everything. Remember, having a small number of rocks means your hero is entirely on cooldown basically.

Flying Vision? the fuck

Provides 900 radius flying vision around the axe in the middle while traveling. Vision lasts 3 seconds at the end only. - Whirling Axes Ranged

Both axes provide 500 flying vision around themselves. The vision does not last. - Whirling Axes Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom