• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leastmaster is gross if you use the boar, it does so much work for basically no cost

you can sit in lane and harass and get exp while you stack camps with boar, then just axe a few camps at once and boom, you have blink or aghs or necrobook or however you want to build him

plus, 40% ms / 40 attack speed slow that goes through immunity for 15 mana is nutso

....he'll get a slight buff and suddenly be everywhere in pro games, perch

Hylian7

Ursa isn't a pubstomp hero at all lol, or maybe in lower brackets, but the hero does jackshit
He needs :
blink
lifesteal
bkb
basher
some instant disable (abyssal + hex for instance)

to do shit
Like geez he's just garbage, WK is a better ursa
Make beastmaster's axes pure, or apply his auto attack damage or part of it I don't know, it falls off hard really fast. Make his roar actually instant (like a hex) and then he's good

I think that's kind of the definition of a pubstomp.

If Diddy can get nerfed, so can Troll.

Diddhe (see what I did there?) get nerfed? I haven't played yet since the patch. Downloading Mewtwo when I get home.

Leastmaster is gross if you use the boar, it does so much work for basically no cost

you can sit in lane and harass and get exp while you stack camps with boar, then just axe a few camps at once and boom, you have blink or aghs or necrobook or however you want to build him

plus, 40% ms / 40 attack speed slow that goes through immunity for 15 mana is nutso

....he'll get a slight buff and suddenly be everywhere in pro games, perch
yellowperch.jpg

pompidu

People always say this when referring to taking on difficult right clickers but at the same time they forget about the downside of it: The amplified magic damage. This can be dangerous if something like a Skywrath or Lion is in the house. I wouldn't say it's really "easy-to-use". Plus 1600 gold is a lot of money for a support potentially.

It absolutely is a good solution, but isn't an end-all, be-all.

Sniper I'll give you, but Troll is very hard to handle on pretty much any hero in the game. He's a natural BKB buyer, and probably will get a BKB eventually, no matter what you do. Also his bashes go through BKB!

Most right clicker carries are gonna have a bkb at some point so thats moot. Theres a plethora of items to avoid getting in a perma bash from troll, he also has no escape and has avg hp.

Because micro is too hard :mad:
How many BM do I see maxing aura and axes with 0 point in beasts, infuriating. Who needs free wards right !

To me a pubstomper is a hero with a much higher winrate in pubs (see dotabuff) compared to the pro scene. Ursa is at 51% man, that's not pubstomp territory. Omni, abaddon and necro on the other hand...

Tieske

Neo Member
That boar dmg buff made him a pretty strong laner. Remember, boar does piercing dmg so that's 90 damage on a lane creep

At least the private beta keeps getting updates in shorter intervals. We getting closer fellas

Hylian7

Most right clicker carries are gonna have a bkb at some point so thats moot. Theres a plethora of items to avoid getting in a perma bash from troll, he also has no escape and has avg hp.

He has plenty of EHP though. His armor is decent, nothing to write home about, but decent, however melee Whirling Axes makes him a pain in the ass to gank. Honestly I think the AoE needs to be shrunk on it, because 99% of the time what happens is you nuke him down to little health, try to right click to finish him off, and then he just dodges it all and gets away.

On top of that though, this hero does just about everything a carry can better than other carries. I went through this list yesterday:

Flying vision (two forms) - check
Bash - check
Melee - check
ranged - check
attack speed - check
global attack speed boosting ultimate - check
ability to solo rosh - check
damage - check
flash farm - get lifesteal and you're good, check

There's even more I didn't name. Sure, he can be managed but he is a lot harder to manage than any other carry in the game right now, including Sniper. I don't see how you don't think this hero is broken.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I didnt realize there was a patch imminent. Usually reddit is freaking out about one coming and thats how i figure it out.

Bye bye troll. I hated playing against you but i loved playing as you.

3 thing I want in this game.

Burrowstrike range is the same at all levels.
CM movement speed buff. (NEVER EVER), but she's a pretty good hero so it might be too much.
Caustic Finale reworked (No UAM, wtf is this shit seriously)

Hylian7

3 thing I want in this game.

Burrowstrike range is the same at all levels.
CM movement speed buff. (NEVER EVER), but she's a pretty good hero so it might be too much.
Caustic Finale reworked (No UAM, wtf is this shit seriously)
Make Burrow strike apply caustic finale.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wind Ranger is damn good right now, only thing I could see getting buffed is her wind run spell. Maybe her early levels of shackleshot.

Quesa

honestly just shorten the max stun and make it like embers where it's based on proximity and not angle, It's one thing to make it a skillshot but sometimes that shit is unreliable and sometimes it's ridiculous

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Cross-posting for visiblity:
Just a PSA: mumblegaf is now banned from standing in for scrims (for teams that they aren't a part of).

I don't want this to turn into RD2L where people turn scrims into their friend/5-stack stomping grounds. I'm guilty of standing in for a team in a scrim as well (which I regret), so this applies to me and anyone from mumblegaf. Just play with your team in scrims, if you need one stand in, get a 3kish player and go. Your team isn't going to benefit at all from getting 4-5k ringers that won't be there on game day.

Starting to get better. I'm liking the melee support disabler type. I am enjoying Earthshaker, Tiny, Centaur Warrunner and Tusk. Any other heroes like these?

Starting to get better. I'm liking the melee support disabler type. I am enjoying Earthshaker, Tiny, Centaur Warrunner and Tusk. Any other heroes like these?

There are a bunch of melee heroes that have hard (or hard-ish) disables; some are almost always played as supports like Sand King/Ogre Magi/Elder Titan.

If you want heroes that play more like Tiny/Centaur/Tusk that require at least some farm to be effective, you might enjoy Axe, Slardar, Magnus, Wraith King (sometimes played as a support), Tidehunter, or Clockwerk.

All are somewhat tanky Strength heroes (with the exception of Ogre Magi, who is Intelligence-based) with disables that can be used at close range.

Also see: initiating.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
there are no handsome devils in dota 2 because it's sexist & misogynist trash. get into league of daddies tbqh.

You should try Abaddon, he is really great at controlling teamfights, aphotic shield is one of the best tools at saving yourself or teammates at the blink of death, great at diving too when needed to secure a kill, the best part is that he doesn't rely on any specific item (unlike the ones you mentioned) so you have a bit more room to experiment with his item build..

shira

My paladin-murlock deck is shit. God fuck this pay2win bullshit, it's not even pay2win, it's grind2pay.

I didnt realize there was a patch imminent. Usually reddit is freaking out about one coming and thats how i figure it out.

Bye bye troll. I hated playing against you but i loved playing as you.

my guess for 6.84

- late next week test
- pushed through after test client

- Source 2 late or not in time for TI5 announcement
- some kind of Gold theme with Furion and Alchemist buff/arcanas that contribute to the TI5 prize pool
- LC and TB $20 arcana sale to fuck with betters
- last chance reminder for keys expiring promotion
- some kind of item composting
- ES, Oracle trial basis CM

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My paladin-murlock deck is shit. God fuck this pay2win bullshit, it's not even pay2win, it's grind2pay.
Hearth stone is free2try, unless you dedicate your life to it (and if you are, stop being cheap and just lay down some cash)

Paladin murlock is pretty good, but you need both Avenge and all the Murlocks for it to work. Do you got those Shira?

shira

Hearth stone is free2try, unless you dedicate your life to it (and if you are, stop being cheap and just lay down some cash)

Paladin murlock is pretty good, but you need both Avenge and all the Murlocks for it to work. Do you got those Shira?

Day 2 so fuck no, you unlock murlocks by getting all the murlocks. Fuck that.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/217-old-murk-eye

list of the Murlocs required for both achievements, and how you can obtain them.

Bluegill Warrior
Normal: Complete the tutorial.
Golden: Reach level 53 & 54 with the Paladin class.
Grimscale Oracle
Golden: Reach level 53 & 54 with the Warlock class.
Murloc Raider
Golden: Reach level 51 & 52 with the Priest class.
Murloc Tidehunter
Golden: Reach level 53 & 54 with the Rogue class.
Coldlight Oracle
Normal: Expert Card Packs or by Crafting for 100 Arcane Dust.
Golden: Expert Card Packs or by Crafting for 800 Arcane Dust.
Coldlight Seer
Murloc Tidecaller
Murloc Warleader
Normal: Expert Card Packs or by Crafting for 400 Arcane Dust.
Golden: Expert Card Packs or by Crafting for 1600 Arcane Dust.

You can't even buy those cards, you just have to concede for like 20 hours to get enough dust

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Have you tried a face Hunter deck shira? Those are very competitive and cheap to make.

Do you have any dust yet to spare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom