• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Maybe the TI5 VIP ticket is you trade in your Golden Baby Roshan courier for an all expenses paid trip to Seattle and hotel and accomadations. They go for about $5000 and are almost impossible to sell.

With "broken" I obviously mean overbuffed. She's really good at the moment and one buff away from being the next Sniper I feel. I also think her nuke is not very good given how she's played nowadays.

why the fuck are u nerds posting WR buffs?

'cause she's shite
SK is strong but far from OP
Super greedy support, if you see a SK on the enemy team you should be able to win the laning phase
Or pick a hero that clears jungle stacks. Well that is if the enemy stacks the jungle (I see too many axe players at my level not able to stack the fucking hard camp, geez)

With "broken" I obviously mean overbuffed. She's really good at the moment and one buff away from being the next Sniper I feel. I also think her nuke is not very good given how she's played nowadays.
I don't know about that, it does really nice damage in the early/mid game and is an amazing scouting tool at all times. Yes, it falls off in the late game but all nukes do.

Only buff she needs imo is a very slight improvement into either windrun or shackleshot. And I mean extremely slight. I'm also scared of her becoming way too strong.

She's super squishy, pretty much needs aghs to deal damage, windrun is horseshit, and shackleshot is very unreliable

She can work, but she's "just strong", nowhere near high tiers

kionedrik

I remember reading, a long time ago, that Shackleshot was the best non-ulti ability in the game. Why are you trying to buff it?
WR doesn't need any buffs, if anything she needs a slight nerf.

Whenever ES and WW get added to the CM pool, they will be first pick/ban in every game. The heroes are incredibly good.

I remember reading, a long time ago, that Shackleshot was the best non-ulti ability in the game. Why are you trying to buff it?
WR doesn't need any buffs, if anything she needs a slight nerf.

Whenever ES and WW get added to the CM pool, they will be first pick/ban in every game. The heroes are incredibly good.

Metamorphosis
Fissure
X marks the spot
Call of the Wild
Berserker's call
Tombstone
Blink
Spirit bear
Mana shield
Teleportation
Firefly

These are all better than shackleshot

kionedrik

Of all the abilities you listed, the only ones on par with Shackleshot are blink and firefly and those are good for completely different reasons.

Can you name another non-ulti multi-heroe stun (2+ heroes) with 800 cast range and 575 AoE? The only ones I can think of are Fissure, which has a substantial lower stun duration, and Storm Hammer, which also has lower stun duration and AoE. The only downside of the spell is that it's an unreliable, but that's because it is a skill shot.

Kard8p3

Man i can't believe people r arguing for wr buffs

facepalm.gif

Of all the abilities you listed, the only ones on par with Shackleshot are blink and firefly and those are good for completely different reasons.

Can you name another non-ulti multi-heroe stun (2+ heroes) with 800 cast range and 575 AoE? The only ones I can think of are Fissure, which has a substantial lower stun duration, and Storm Hammer, which also has lower stun duration and AoE. The only downside of the spell is that it's an unreliable, but that's because it is a skill shot.

Shackleshot doesn't have a 575 AoE lol
I find even earthspike and impale are better than shackleshot

How is teleportation not on par with shackle ? It's like in the top 3 most broken non ultimate spells in the game

I'm not saying WR should get buffs, idgaf about her, just that she deserves them

Low Tier

stasis trap

Low Tier
Revoking the right of sub 4k's to make mechanical and balance statements might've been a good idea after all. If they Icefrog nerfs WR, I quit.

all you sub 5ks should have your posting privelage revoked. Haha if you can't even play dota at that level its obvious that your opinion doesn't matter! In fact we should only let people who have ever been on the NA ladder leaderboards post, that way we know that the only posts we get will be high quality from the most skilled players. No wait we should only let professional players post that way everything said will be PROFESSIONAL

all you sub 5ks should have your posting privelage revoked. Haha if you can't even play dota at that level its obvious that your opinion doesn't matter! In fact we should only let people who have ever been on the NA ladder leaderboards post, that way we know that the only posts we get will be high quality from the most skilled players. No wait we should only let professional players post that way everything said will be PROFESSIONAL

that's the spirit

Let me ya'll honour you with legit 4k wisdom.

OP:

Obvious

UP:

A lot of heroes

A little too weak (and that's very arguable in case of WR) but might break the game if buffed while Sniper/Troll (who invalidate too many other heroes) nerfed:

- Windrunner
- Sven
- CK
- Drow
- Anti-Mage
- CM
- Huskar (not weak per say, but too niche)
- Gyro
- Pudge (will always be a shit mid but one buff away from being a terrifying supp or off laner)
- Lifestealer
... and so forth

The problem is that Troll/Sniper invalidate too many carries. In fact, it might actually suffice to nerf these two to make most other carries viable again. I trust IF in being sensitive about balance changes.

"a little too weak" lol
Pudge will never be a good offlaner. Trash move speed, no escape. All he can do is deny himself and leech xp with hook lmao. He may be able to pull the medium camp to pull the lane if dire offlane, i'll give you that

Many of the heroes you listed there get fucked by a few recent things, namely magic immunity piercing pure spells (see huskar, AM, lifestealer, sven, gyro). Lina and QoP shit on them
Buff them and make lina's aghs only magic immunity piercing, not pure anymore, and maybe they can be viable yes

A little too weak (and that's very arguable in case of WR) but might break the game if buffed while Sniper/Troll (who invalidate too many other heroes) nerfed:
- Gyro

I tried support Gyro in a TwoBear game a few days ago and it was kind of legit... dude can create lots of space without much farm

if he gets buffed again I'd rather it be along those lines with the missile and ult tinkering; icefraud can retain the shit range or even nerf rockets to compensate, I don't care

kionedrik

Shackleshot doesn't have a 575 AoE lol
I find even earthspike and impale are better than shackleshot

How is teleportation not on par with shackle ? It's like in the top 3 most broken non ultimate spells in the game

I'm not saying WR should get buffs, idgaf about her, just that she deserves them

From the wiki:
Shackle Search Range: 575
The projectile searches for enemies or trees within 26° at the opposite side of the target from where Shackleshot was cast from

It's not a complete circle around the target, but it's still a big AoE to find something to latch, and if it finds something you're stuck for 3.75s. The spell is crazy good, like her other 3 spells. She's one of the few heroes that has 4 over-the-top incredibly good abilities.

stasis trap

Good point but techies is "not a hero" :p

From the wiki:
Shackle Search Range: 575
The projectile searches for enemies or trees within 26° at the opposite side of the target from where Shackleshot was cast from

It's not a complete circle around the target, but it's still a big AoE to find something to latch, and if it finds something you're stuck for 3.75s. The spell is crazy good, like her other 3 spells. She's one of the few heroes that has 4 over-the-top incredibly good abilities.
Her ult is very good, but requires aghs to really be useful
Her nuke is just good, it's far from over the top incredibly good
Windrun is mediocre at best if not bad
Sure the AoE on shackleshot is not that bad, it's pretty good, but it also means if there is nothing to latch to, the spell does absolutely nothing, and it does no damage too

shira

y0wErLS.png

Interesting front page post on reddit. Crazy how little action there is in an American Football game versus how much commercials have been stuffed into a 3 hour telecast. I noticed how bad it was watching a Blue Jays game. WTF dude throw the ball already.

I hope e-sports figure out a way quickly to smartly monetize pro gaming otherwise they are always going to have these low-brow flybynight sponsors forever. TI doesn't even have sponsors.

I wonder if Twitch would ever allow floating sponsor annotations like youtube does, moblie style refreshing google links, or streaming ads in the HUD. Because as-is casters mention the sponsors maybe 10x in a one hour cast and you see the tiny banners or names of sponsored teams for a few seconds in-game. Even MLG's ads didn't run if you had ad-block. One of the things that I really enjoy about e-sports is that it is almost non-stop action (aside from pauses and ddos) you literally have hours of pure commercial free competition if you watch with the casters off. 10-15 minutes in-between for smoku break and it's back to draft.

Her ult is very good, but requires aghs to really be useful
Her nuke is just good, it's far from over the top incredibly good
Windrun is mediocre at best if not bad
Sure the AoE on shackleshot is not that bad, it's pretty good, but it also means if there is nothing to latch to, the spell does absolutely nothing, and it does no damage too

Can you link your Dotabuff with WR games?

y0wErLS.png

Interesting front page post on reddit. Crazy how little action there is in an American Football game versus how much commercials have been stuffed into a 3 hour telecast. I noticed how bad it was watching a Blue Jays game. WTF dude throw the ball already.

I hope e-sports figure out a way quickly to smartly monetize pro gaming otherwise they are always going to have these low-brow flybynight sponsors forever. TI doesn't even have sponsors.

I wonder if Twitch would ever allow floating sponsor annotations like youtube does, moblie style refreshing google links, or streaming ads in the HUD. Because as-is casters mention the sponsors maybe 10x in a one hour cast and you see the tiny banners or names of sponsored teams for a few seconds in-game. Even MLG's ads didn't run if you had ad-block. One of the things that I really enjoy about e-sports is that it is almost non-stop action (aside from pauses and ddos) you literally have hours of pure commercial free competition if you watch with the casters off. 10-15 minutes in-between for smoku break and it's back to draft.

"THIS FIRST BLOOD IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY X! THE OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF OUR TOURNAMENT!"
with a pop up at the bottom.

"oh boy this TI5 grand finals' game 5 sure is exciting, another fight is about to happ-"
"by the way remember to buy the summit 4 tickets, compendium and chests ! it comes with super cute couriers and merlini will cosplay as dark seer ! isn't that amazing ! WOW ! XD. Brought to you by G2A, vulcun, nuuvem and the mexican cartel"

"oh boy this TI5 grand finals' game 5 sure is exciting, another fight is about to happ-"
"by the way remember to buy the summit 4 tickets, compendium and chests ! it comes with super cute couriers and merlini will cosplay as dark seer ! isn't that amazing ! WOW ! XD. Brought to you by G2A, vulcun, nuuvem and the mexican cartel"

game gets paused every 20 minutes just to run an ad and shit.

y0wErLS.png

Now I want to see where golf is.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe the TI5 VIP ticket is you trade in your Golden Baby Roshan courier for an all expenses paid trip to Seattle and hotel and accomadations. They go for about $5000 and are almost impossible to sell.
My prediction is they will be a random prize from a crafted charm.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You craft a charm by recycling 10 items. It has a large list of potental items, one of which is a VIP ticket to TI5.

A bit like the old Golden Wrench thing from TF2, except you will also have to win 3 games for the chance.

You craft a charm by recycling 10 items. It has a large list of potental items, one of which is a VIP ticket to TI5.

A bit like the old Golden Wrench thing from TF2, except you will also have to win 3 games for the chance.

Lol I'm sure people will reply positively to a RNG way of getting VIP tickets to the most important esports event ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom