• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troll will likely lose a few int points and fall out of the Meta once CK and Sven become the new FOTM.

please no. I fucking hate that hero. suddenly 4 second stun out of no where. At least strength morph doesn't do anything, CK has a displacement and lots of damage once he gets items.

Sianos

I've been practicing some Sven and really like meracle's skill build: one point in storm hammer, one point in war cry, then save your skill points for max cleave as soon as the laning stage is finished and you are ready to hit the jungle. If the lane is rough, go for a point or two in early stats or extra levels in war cry.

I'm also finding an early helm deconstructed into a mask of madness and armlet after a good number of stacks to be effective as well. Granted, this is just bot games so far, but I'm seeing great results and very fast farming.

Hylian7

Now would you say that the hero should have had one of his spells neutered to make him balanced?

You say this like it hasn't been done, yet I can think of instances where it has been done before for sure.

Lycan after TI2
Arguably post TI4 Tinker (although I don't think he's neutered, but his catchup ability certainly got nerfed significantly)
Faceless Void - Chronosphere namely. It's still good, but definitely nerfed quite a bit from what it used to be.

Low Tier
You say this like it hasn't been done, yet I can think of instances where it has been done before for sure.

Lycan after TI2
Arguably post TI4 Tinker (although I don't think he's neutered, but his catchup ability certainly got nerfed significantly)
Faceless Void - Chronosphere namely. It's still good, but definitely nerfed quite a bit from what it used to be.

? Neither of those are even close to the caliber of hero-killing as removing bash from troll warlord.

I liked it more when all we saw were dotabuff links and mid pudge/oov puck arguments. At least then there wasn't enough intellectual material to actually warrant a discussion.

? Neither of those are even close to the caliber of hero-killing as removing bash from troll warlord.

I liked it more when all we saw were dotabuff links and mid pudge/oov puck arguments. At least then there wasn't enough intellectual material to actually warrant a discussion.

removing bash is definitely not the answer. Still think giving the bash a cooldown is almost mandatory, though. That shit is just ridiculous.
Im pretty sick of this AGI carry meta

Please buff Alchemist, Sven, CK, Slardar, DK and Leigon

If Trolls ulti only gives Troll its buff he will instantly become a less attractive pick. I think thats an easy solution

That and make Whirling Axes cost 100+ mana
I'd argue -- since we were talking about hero identity -- that troll's ult is what makes troll, troll. That and his ability to swap between melee and ranged really define the hero. All his extra bullshit on q and the total lack of mana dependency are more appropriate targets for nerfs.

Acinixys

Im pretty sick of this AGI carry meta

Please buff Alchemist, Sven, CK, Slardar, DK and Leigon

If Trolls ulti only gives Troll its buff he will instantly become a less attractive pick. I think thats an easy solution

That and make Whirling Axes cost 100+ mana

Hylian7

I like how in every single post you make you have to make sure to insult someone's intelligence too.

Quesa

Kill the movespeed bonus so he has to buy blink more often to close gaps and lower damage on axes so he can't wave clear as well. Maybe reduce his initial armor bonus. Increase ulti cd to 45 secs?

pompidu

I'd rather they fixed the retarded gold xp comeback mechanic instead of fixing troll etc... What a fucking dumb idea that was, 90% of the games I've played since then has been ability draft, they made the game dumb, might as well play a dumb game mode.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
i don't understand why everyone says this. 'after dreamleague' just means they have no plans to release it before dreamleague. there's an infinite amount of time after dreamleague.

Because after Starladder and before TI5 qualifiers seems like a pretty likely time to do it.

Hylian7

i don't understand why everyone says this. 'after dreamleague' just means they have no plans to release it before dreamleague. there's an infinite amount of time after dreamleague.

It's not after dreamleague, it's after starladder. Icefrog said so himself on the dev forums.

Artanisix

"i don't understand why everyone says this. 'after dreamleague' just means they have no plans to release it before dreamleague. there's an infinite amount of time after dreamleague"

disapprove.gif

Frog is love. Frog is life. Frog wouldn't lay down a timeline with a point of reference and then release something infinite years later.

Big Dog

Yeah so hopefully for the TI qualifiers we get to see some OP hero picks that are at least new to most viewers.
imagine nostalgic alch at his high, but new hero
. That way the frog can do his thing and hopefully make a good version b/c/d to clean up the game for an actually enjoyable International. I'm mostly excited because they finally have the finals on a weekend. God damn monday last year...

f that

soul ring ONE HUNDRED PERCENT UPTIME FOR ULT ALL THE TIME
blink cuz every fucking hero buys one

orchid is shit on clinkz, it is shit on brood, it is shit on slark bruh

I SAY IT

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Orchid clinkz is overrated, and the popularity of the build is likely why his win rate is so low. He is a highly farm dependent hero who does not need to be wasting his time running around the map ganking, he should be farming or murdering towers. Daedalus and Desolator are so much better on him in the majority of games unless you specifically needed a silence (But most of the characters you need to silence are the highly mobile types that you shouldn't pick Clinkz into anyway IMO, since Clinkz is a damn squishy for most of the game)

bokn

Banned
Identity is when a hero is definable by a single idea/CONCEPT.

Also YES, gaga is going to become a commercial success in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom