• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't that popular back then. I think I saw it maybe once back then.

I remember SB being way more popular, but I think it was Attacker that made Blink more popular as Satch said. I think most Kunkkas still don't get Blink, but I've seen pros(S4 and Sing in particular) get a shitload of mileage out of it.

rac

Banned
I remember SB being way more popular, but I think it was Attacker that made Blink more popular as Satch said. I think most Kunkkas still don't get Blink, but I've seen pros(S4 and Sing in particular) get a shitload of mileage out of it.
Imagine if they bought a damage item instead. Kick sing sing.

sixghost

Troll, Sniper, Clinkz, Drow, Void, Jugg, Kunkka, Lifestealer, PA in addition to those that you named. I have seen Blink bought on every single one of these heroes at least one or two times, if not more than that. Blink isn't supposed to be an item you buy on scaling heroes, that's why it was changed from being "Kelen's Dagger of Escape" in Dota 1. Everyone bought it back then just to get away from anything.

Who the fuck decided this?

Satch

Banned
download heroes of the storm today

that game doesnt even have items for us to argue about
4mC962j.gif

pompidu

How can you argue against ta having blink? She has a very nice ability that doesn't let it go on cooldown when hit. What a silly argument.

Troll, Sniper, Clinkz, Drow, Void, Jugg, Kunkka, Lifestealer, PA in addition to those that you named. I have seen Blink bought on every single one of these heroes at least one or two times, if not more than that. Blink isn't supposed to be an item you buy on scaling heroes, that's why it was changed from being "Kelen's Dagger of Escape" in Dota 1. Everyone bought it back then just to get away from anything.

Who exactly decided this?

docbon

stats are overrated

mobility and positioning is god tier.

also i wasn't expecting to see two lolicons fingering each other when i clicked on this thread in mobile. please fucking stop that you malcontents.
SRFqr8c.png

Hylian7

Who the fuck decided this?

Who exactly decided this?

The general concept and implications of the item dictate, along with the way the game flows.

Picture it this way, someone who is new to Dota see's Anti-Mage and goes "Oh, this guy has a Blink on a 5 second CD, I should buy a Blink Dagger on this hero so I can move around the map quicker." Then they try that and realize why it's wrong. The same thing can be applied to Faceless Void, Medusa, lots of carries like that. They need real items to succeed.

The general concept and implications of the item dictate, along with the way the game flows.

Picture it this way, someone who is new to Dota see's Anti-Mage and goes "Oh, this guy has a Blink on a 5 second CD, I should buy a Blink Dagger on this hero so I can move around the map quicker." Then they try that and realize why it's wrong. The same thing can be applied to Faceless Void, Medusa, lots of carries like that. They need real items to succeed.

Void really isn't as item reliant as you seem to think. Blink is actually a pretty interesting item on him. Not my favourite but it certainly has its merits.

Hylian7

Void really isn't as item reliant as you seem to think. Blink is actually a pretty interesting item on him. Not my favourite but it certainly has its merits.

What....He is totally item reliant. He's a carry, and if he can chronosphere something, but can only stand there taking 20 minutes to swing his mace, that sounds pretty useless to me.

elyetis

I'm tired of this "buy blink on every hero" meta. You see so many carries not buying proper scaling items or BKB and instead getting a blink just because everyone gets it. So dumb.
I'm not sure what I hate the most, blink meta or eul scepter meta. I mean I was so fucking happy that eul got the dommage buff to cancel blink because of the blink meta... but it pretty much didn't stop the blink meta except now everyone make a blink AND an eul.

Hylian7

do you usually put item dependent heroes on the off lane hylian?

He always gets his farm later though. Ideally he shouldn't go offlane. On top of that, if you want examples of item dependent offlane heroes: Clinkz, Weaver, Legion Commander (maybe), Nature's Prophet, Bristleback, Broodmother, Slark.

TUSR

Banned
shira are you going to TI5?

someone make a list

He always gets his farm later though. Ideally he shouldn't go offlane. On top of that, if you want examples of item dependent offlane heroes: Clinkz, Weaver, Legion Commander (maybe), Nature's Prophet, Bristleback, Broodmother, Slark.

qop off, qop safe, qop mid

Hylian7

shira are you going to TI5?

someone make a list

qop off, qop safe, qop mid

I debated putting QoP in that list, but decided to leave it out. But sure, you can make a case for her in there.

Also I'm going to TI5, booked my room and flight last night. I'm staying one mile from Key Arena.
blush.gif

Pratfall

a timely blink dagger can net you several pickoff kills in the mid game on a ton of "scaling" heroes, allowing you to snowball and slowing their cores. also, if your team lacks spells to keep the other team in the same position, blink can be invaluable to put yourself in a position to even do any damage.

Like almost everything else in this game, nothing is cut and dry.

oh cool do they have giant aoe stuns that work well with your team if you pick around it and literally all you need to do is get level 6 and land it?

M.D

Why are you always implying that the blink is bought as a first item after boots or something? It always depends on the situation and the game being played

You make it sound like buying blink on hero X is just flat out wrong, and that's not how it works. Having the ability to adjust to different situations is a huge part of this game
Also, you can make an argument for just about every hero you mentioned to buy a blink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom