• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Why are you always implying that the blink is bought as a first item after boots or something? It always depends on the situation and the game being played

You make it sound like buying blink on hero X is just flat out wrong, and that's not how it works. Having the ability to adjust to different situations is a huge part of this game
Also, you can make an argument for just about every hero you mentioned to buy a blink

There are definitely heroes where buying blink on them is flat out wrong. Hell there's lots of heroes where buying a certain item on them is flat out wrong, and if it isn't flat out wrong, it is pretty bad so it's effectively flat out wrong.

By that logic, you're saying that blink on AM and QoP is perfectly fine.

Red UFO

whats cool is you can sell a blink dagger later on to get space/money to buy a damage/stats item once you no longer need the mobility required in the mid game.

BUT WHAT ABOUT TA?
blink has a higher winrate than drums and yasha
Sadly not.
whats the scalp market look like nowadays for them?
whats cool is you can sell a blink dagger later on to get space/money to buy a damage/stats item once you no longer need the mobility required in the mid game.
no once you have its there forever and you can never move on
Icefrog please add the ability to buy multiple blinks that stack to increase range and decrease cooldown
now we're talking

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's the opposite when you think about it, the conflict resolution takes into acount the order in which the effects are aplied, so "Instantly Kills" overrides "Cannot be killed".

No, because 'cannot be x'd' means they cannot be x'd. That's just how the word 'cannot' works.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh god, I received 3 of these within the last hour:
booked.jpg

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/8/80/Pud_death_05.mp3

Hylian7

The main issue is that I think Blink needs some kind of nerf to make it less viable on those types of heroes. I think it's silly that those carries replace that slot with Blink instead of a damage item or BKB or something. It isn't right to have most of the heroes in the game be able to go "I dunno what to buy, I'll buy Blink!" and it somehow works for them.

The main issue is that I think Blink needs some kind of nerf to make it less viable on those types of heroes. I think it's silly that those carries replace that slot with Blink instead of a damage item or BKB or something. It isn't right to have most of the heroes in the game be able to go "I dunno what to buy, I'll buy Blink!" and it somehow works for them.

Continuing our discussion from yesterday on why Orchid is not very good on Clinkz. The current items in the pool make it really shitty. Orchid doesn't disable blink, and the other polarizing item is euls, which removes the silence, supports right now are stronger than ever and can afford getting those two items. Now clinkz is sitting on a 4.1k item with that gives him int, mana regen and so-so damage that doesn't help him that much.

BUT OVER 5K HERE MIGHT PROVE ME WRONG

dude you just went from saying blink was shite on those heroes to saying it needs a nerf.

lmao

Hylian7

Continuing our discussion from yesterday on why Orchid is not very good on Clinkz. The current items in the pool make it really shitty. Orchid doesn't disable blink, and the other polarizing item is euls, which removes the silence, supports right now are stronger than ever and can afford getting those two items. Now clinkz is sitting on a 4.1k item with that gives him int, mana regen and so-so damage that doesn't help him that much.

BUT OVER 5K HERE MIGHT PROVE ME WRONG

Then why buy Orchid ever by that logic? Even if they do Euls themselves out of it, if you're in a teamfight, you're forcing them to blow their Euls on themselves rather than on someone for a setup stun. And do you really think supports are going to be able to afford Euls before Clinkz gets Orchid?
dude you just went from saying blink was shite on those heroes to saying it needs a nerf.

lmao

I didn't say it was shit on all of them, I'm basically saying it's a "cheap" way out in my opinion, and a way not to buy real items. It's stale when everyone buys the same item. There's plenty of heroes it is shit on for sure, but generally if you're buying blink on hard carries you're probably ending the game in 30 minutes.

TUSR

Banned

this is bad way to look at doto

Then why buy Orchid ever by that logic? Even if they do Euls themselves out of it, if you're in a teamfight, you're forcing them to blow their Euls on themselves rather than on someone for a setup stun. And do you really think supports are going to be able to afford Euls before Clinkz gets Orchid?

I didn't say it was shit on all of them, I'm basically saying it's a "cheap" way out in my opinion, and a way not to buy real items. It's stale when everyone buys the same item. There's plenty of heroes it is shit on for sure, but generally if you're buying blink on hard carries you're probably ending the game in 30 minutes.

Because Clinkz is:
- Fragile
- Gets kited easily
- Not an int hero
- Can get better damage for far less or the same range price (Desolator is 75 gold cheaper)

Sure, Orchid lets you get easy picks off on solo supports, or underfarmed heroes, but Orchid is really expensive for what it does to Clinkz, who needs a lot of items to become a threat.

While we are at it, Blink is excellent on Clinkz.

And it will say it, Orchid has been on the recommended build when Clinkz was far weaker, and so was blink/euls. Supports didn't get a lot of gold, etc. I'm not actually saying it is a bad item, but I think it is very average on Clinkz in the current game, who's items expanded a lot due to reduced ult cooldown, not UAM etc.

Hylian7

Because Clinkz is:
- Fragile
- Gets kited easily
- Not an int hero
- Can get better damage for far less or the same range price (Desolator is 75 gold cheaper)

Sure, Orchid lets you get easy picks off on solo supports, or underfarmed heroes, but Orchid is really expensive for what it does to Clinkz, who needs a lot of items to become a threat.

While we are at it, Blink is excellent on Clinkz.

And it will say it, Orchid has been on the recommended build when Clinkz was far weaker, and so was blink/euls. Supports didn't get a lot of gold, etc. I'm not actually saying it is a bad item, but I think it is very average on Clinkz in the current game, who's items expanded a lot due to reduced ult cooldown, not UAM etc.
Part of the reason people buy orchid on Clinkz is because he has a mana problem. All those Searing Arrows ain't free. Orchid solves this and it gives you damage and a silence.

Obviously a troll build, as the other team has a grand total of one BKB against Crystal Maiden and Timber, and Ember Spirit's build is just dumb and probably threw them the game.

In an hour and a half, you have triple crit and one Battle Fury on Ember....You can't be serious right now if you're calling that a good build.

with 43K gold, I think it's safe for you to assume that he lost a rapier along the way that just didn't get picked up.

There's no way he didn't have one with 43K gold earned. you can't earn that much gold and not be 6-slotted.

Part of the reason people buy orchid on Clinkz is because he has a mana problem. All those Searing Arrows ain't free. Orchid solves this and it gives you damage and a silence.

Obviously a troll build, as the other team has a grand total of one BKB against Crystal Maiden and Timber, and Ember Spirit's build is just dumb and probably threw them the game.

That's why I said get Soul Ring. You are seriously underestimating how that can sustain you.

Searing Arrows stacks with Desolator now.
That's the point bro. You can get a deso for the amount you will get for an orchid. lol

a bit less actually

Sanjay

Would like to point out that BKB not so good against Timber, he does mostly true damage and we also have Enigma.

The Ember was playing smart and is what killed us in most team fights, he never threw at all, all he needed was a blink. Whats wrong with his build?

xanavi

Would like to point out that BKB not so good against Timber, he does mostly true damage and we also have Enigma.

The Ember was playing smart and is what killed us in most team fights, he never threw at all, all he needed was a blink. Whats wrong with his build?

Sanjay, you dummy. All of timbersaw's pure damage is blocked by bkb.

That being said ember doesn't need a bkb against that team until maybe cm has hex.

If he's good at using remnants nothing timber or cm can do will stop him running away.

If I were that ember I might have an mkb and a satanic and drop one of the daedaluses(daedali?) if I wasn't going rapier.

Problem with ember is that he doesn't really win man-fights with pa or void. He has to build around sleight.

Low Tier

ROFLROLFOFEIKFJA8FJDAJRFOIRLFL

SANJAYAYYYY

docbon

In an hour and a half, you have triple crit and one Battle Fury on Ember....You can't be serious right now if you're calling that a good build.

Searing Arrows stacks with Desolator now.

I worded it kind of poorly, but i mean you'll need to fire off less searing arrows since you're doing substantially more damage, and it'll apply to towers too. soul ring does sound pretty dope for handling mana problems, imo.

xanavi

Pudge doesn't even need to spend 4200 gold for his hook to do damage through bkb. Jelly?

Has this always been the case or was this changed, that pure damage is blocked by BKB.

Pure was always blocked by bkb. It was changed to go through immunity in certain cases when icefraud consolidated the damage types into magical/pure and physical types only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom