• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timbers Aghs upgrade should be upgraded to this now!

Has this always been the case or was this changed, that pure damage is blocked by BKB.

Pure damage has always been blocked by BKB until the Spell Immunity changes. Only a few pure damage spells penetrate spell immunity. Sun Strike, Rupture, Meat Hook, Sonic Wave, and Agh Laguna Blade are the main ones that come to mind.

Hylian7

with 43K gold, I think it's safe for you to assume that he lost a rapier along the way that just didn't get picked up.

There's no way he didn't have one with 43K gold earned. you can't earn that much gold and not be 6-slotted.

If he did drop a rapier, then he definitely threw.
Would like to point out that BKB not so good against Timber, he does mostly true damage and we also have Enigma.

The Ember was playing smart and is what killed us in most team fights, he never threw at all, all he needed was a blink. Whats wrong with his build?

Echoing the thing about Timber not going through BKB.

The 3 crit has diminshing returns. Multiple Batttle Furies is a much safer option if you want to go that route.

Sanjay

If he did drop a rapier, then he definitely threw.

Echoing the thing about Timber not going through BKB.

The 3 crit has diminshing returns. Multiple Batttle Furies is a much safer option if you want to go that route.

There was no rapier in the game, the closest was me getting a relic into rad.

There is a inhouse up, we need 5 people to fill up, pw, ihl.

Hylian7

There was no rapier in the game, the closest was me getting a relic into rad.

There is a inhouse up, we need 5 people to fill up, pw, ihl.

I'd have to see the game, but it certainly seems like something is off if Ember only has BoTs, 3 crits, and a Battle Fury in an hour and a half.

Sanjay

I'd have to see the game, but it certainly seems like something is off if Ember only has BoTs, 3 crits, and a Battle Fury in an hour and a half.

He bought back once or twice can't really remember, but all i did was Chronosphere Ember everytime all the time. 4/5 kills deaths from me. He escaped twice, two naked Chronosphere but aghs who cares!

But that would be a nice Dotabuff feature displaying the number of buybacks come to think of it.

He bought back once or twice can't really remember, but all i did was Chronosphere Ember everytime all the time. 4/5 kills deaths from me. He escaped twice, two naked Chronosphere but aghs who cares!

interesting. I just...43K and no 6-slots. I understand buybacks can get expensive, but that's a lot of fuckin gold. I wonder what he did with it all.

Sanjay

interesting. I just...43K and no 6-slots. I understand buybacks can get expensive, but that's a lot of fuckin gold. I wonder what he did with it all.

Our Timber had 10k gold in his bank at one point, lol so he might have had a lot saved up.

Need 2 more now for InHouse, god damn it.

Kard8p3

so im hella excited to come home monday and play dota while being high from getting my wisdom teeth out.

im not hella excited to get my wisdom teeth out, however.

Hylian7

so im hella excited to come home monday and play dota while being high from getting my wisdom teeth out.

im not hella excited to get my wisdom teeth out, however.

Speaking from experience, you are not gonna want to play Dota after that. You will be on tilt for sure...quite literally, as you'll be hunched over probably.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
getting my wisdom teeth taken out was probably one of the smoothest operations i've ever done, must've had a good doctor.

show up, put to sleep, wake up, wisdom teeth r gone wut ? no pain.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
getting my wisdom teeth taken out was probably one of the smoothest operations i've ever done, must've had a good doctor.

show up, put to sleep, wake up, wisdom teeth r gone wut ? no pain.

If I'm remembering right, I believe a lot of people make use of local anesthesia and don't get put under, just numbed up, so they are awake while the teeth are being taken out.

Hylian7

Mine wasn't terrible, but I didn't feel like really doing much of anything the next few days. I hated eating non-solid foods. I do not remember them walking me out of the operating room an into a different chair though, but apparently I walked this.

Tieske

Neo Member
Yeah getting your teeth out is nothing, it's the bloated face afterwards that is sorta shitty

Also do they really put people fully under for wisdom teeth?? that seems excessive

M.D

Anyone ever had the game become a slideshow to the point even the sounds are delayed? I'm having internet issues for a few hours but I checked the ping before and it seemed ok

I checked the ping after it happened and it was the same, and there was no packet loss either

Acinixys

10a7uIJ.jpg

I like Elder Sven

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There is a post on reddit about a program for guessing MMR, but it is so bad. The guy actually posted the source code:
http://pastebin.com/NtcnNfqg

The algorithm the guy uses is:
Code:
Get "Base" MMR from skill bracket (Even this is done poorly)
Add in bonus MMR if you pick Earth Spirt/Storm Spirt/Jugg/Troll/Meepo
Add to your MMR 1 point for each game played as your most played hero
Add to your MMR 1/4 points for each game played total. 

YOUR MMR IS CALCULATED!

cBj1LTf.png

Hylian7

There is a post on reddit about a program for guessing MMR, but it is so bad. The guy actually posted the source code:
http://pastebin.com/NtcnNfqg

The algorithm the guy uses is:
Code:
Get "Base" MMR from skill bracket (Even this is done poorly)
Add in bonus MMR if you pick Earth Spirt/Storm Spirt/Jugg/Troll/Meepo
Add to your MMR 1 point for each game played as your most played hero
Add to your MMR 1/4 points for each game played total. 

YOUR MMR IS CALCULATED!

cBj1LTf.png

I'm gonna guess he just wrote it to practice programming and just for fun. I wouldn't come down on him too hard for it.

Quesa

honestly the base mmr stuff is the most useful thing about it. Is it the composite of unranked and ranked or just ranked? Gave me a base of 3800

pompidu

I love this game but it is literally the worst gaming community ever. Its quite embarrassing. I report at least one asshole a game. Its a shame that good, fun games are extremely rare because those fun games make it worthwhile.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
god the hon thread was such a great thread, rip.

it's sitting at the bottom of the ocean like the titanic—a true beauty of her time—all the memories, stories, and jewels that lie within...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom