• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there's anyone that plays all of Dota/League/Hearthstone/HotS (+CSGO for good measure even if it's not F2P). I want to compare the monetisation systems in each of the games and figure out which is the most bullshit.

Hylian7

Someone post that video of that HoN tournament that was held in the "sport suite" that was just a basketball court with the players sitting on the floor

Acinixys

I wonder if there's anyone that plays all of Dota/League/Hearthstone/HotS (+CSGO for good measure even if it's not F2P). I want to compare the monetisation systems in each of the games and figure out which is the most bullshit.

League is #1 bullshit cause of runes
Hearthstone is #2 cause its P2W
HotS is #3 cause you have to buy heroes

Dota and CS are tied in last because everything is free and you only pay for hats

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Please don't find old quotes from me, they are likely stupid and will make me feel dumb.

I wonder how this topic is going to look in the future when all these image links are broken. Only a matter of time before imgur goes under IMO
4mC962j.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

LoL is designed in a way where you actually aren't in a huge strategic loss with the limited hero pool, since Riot designs heroes to fill specific roles. Tons of grinding if you don't want to pay, and it actually costs a ton to just get the champs instantly if you do feel like paying. The Rune system is a huge IP sink and can take a while to fill out a single page for a single hero, and you aren't even allow to just pay your way though it (Trust me, a ton of people would likely pay good money to just buy runes outright)

Hearthstone is Free2Play in name only IMO. You are so gimped if you don't pay that it would take a solid half a year to grind to a decent level. The game is most fun if you just put in a decent investment ($100+), and treat it as a digital card game and not a F2P computer game. Paying money literally just skips grind, since even if you do pay it takes a ton of card packs to get a complete collection. Luckily a ton of the upper end cards are junk, but its annoying to have paid like $250, and then wanting 2 Epic rarity cards to make a deck, since crafting is super inefficient. You need to get 10-20 packs to get enough dust to craft those two cards, which is ether $20, or like 3-4 weeks of grinding. The Arena game mode is also a ton of fun, but its tied to a Pay/Grind wall. If you aren't very good at it, you can only likely only play it once every 2 days. Its also a bit too pricey to be worth it to pay, costing $2 per run.

Dota gives you all the gameplay for free, but the cosmetics are decently expensive. Luckily for users the economy crashed so 90% of the cosmetics are dirt cheap to buy, but some of the stuff is just too much except for the most dedicated of fans (Or those with heavy wallets)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm pretty sure that dota 2 is manipulative as hell to get you to buy shit. you can tell they have behavioural economists at valve crunching this stuff 24/7 to manipulate people into buying hats. at least the other games are upfront.

Conceptor

Excuse me guys there's a gr8 game called Killing Floor 2 that just released and you should all buy it so we can have 6 people co-op thanks.

Heh+killing+floor+references+_a79d24af55c977dc46d54bf148b6785d.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Code:
Skill Bracket	3800
OP Hero (Earth Spirit)	3850
Most Matches	58
Total Matches	793
Your MMR is	4106.25
2 ez

Big Dog

I am going to throw a wild guess here and say that Techies is the reason you won while also being the reason the game lasted so long. Classic scenario of getting screwed early game only to have the enemy team heave bodies at the dire high ground only to die over and over to mines. Looks like you cut it close letting them get to the ancient. Must have had his top mine game going to have so many kills and assists as well. Doom was second lowest hero damage in lobby.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I am going to throw a wild guess here and say that Techies is the reason you won while also being the reason the game lasted so long. Classic scenario of getting screwed early game only to have the enemy team heave bodies at the dire high ground only to die over and over to mines. Looks like you cut it close letting them get to the ancient. Must have had his top mine game going to have so many kills and assists as well. Doom was second lowest hero damage in lobby.

i was doom, i was playing so aidisly, blinking into skywrath and forgetting to bkb first etc. so many times. truly a flop mess.

shira

http://valueof.me/dota/guess.php?id=76561198085020731/

Skill Bracket 1750
OP Hero (Troll Warlord) 3000
Most Matches 116
Total Matches 532
Your MMR is 3249

Skill bracket is right, MMR should be 1670 doe.

I was going to say MoM is Sumail's build. [glance left]
fail.gif

NSFW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DW31upNEEg

or maybe life

This is artanisix

I could have opened that at work
4mC962j.gif

What were the console commands to get team-coloured borders when you hover over people and to remove the white health decay from when you take damage?

Also is that range arrow dota_disable_range_finder?

Inversive

i can't fucking take any more sniper and troll, nerf them into the ground icefraud. I never want to see them again. yes i just played them both on opposite team + ogre bloodlust, fun game.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
tobear most improved player 2015

nemesis most improved player 2014

ellen pudge most improved player 2013 (from feeding on pudge in HoN inhouses and then selling his account to rac to playing clinkz)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Were people seriously playing HoN in TYOOL 2013 or is this the HoN stack?

it was probably more like 2011 or 2012 where milk fed relentlessly on devourer in hon inhouses (before selling his account and moving to dota 2), but he made significant strides to becoming the bug abuser he is today by spamming 1 or 2 heroes per patch from 2013 onwards

i am proud of him

it was probably more like 2011 or 2012 where milk fed relentlessly on devourer in hon inhouses (before selling his account and moving to dota 2), but he made significant strides to becoming the bug abuser he is today by spamming 1 or 2 heroes per patch from 2013 onwards

i am proud of him
Some of my friends used to play HoN (and kept bugging me to buy it to the point where I started playing League out of spite) and linked me to some very loud videos of Devourer players.

Shit's fucked.

Chris R

I don't like invoker :(

I mean I didn't do terrible on him, but I just didn't seem to do much end game, even with highest gpm and farm :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Reddit's Dota mods must actually be asleep, one of those posts about the MMR vaccine study is now the top post of the sub
cBj1LTf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom