• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
It's like fucking matchmaking is trolling me or something.

Jungling Doom who refuses to do anything to assist as top lane gets pushed in by a creepskipping Axe. Goes Vanguard first item. "rushes" aghs-refresher. Continues to farm jungle as they push into our base.

At least the next game was better. I random PL. Someone else on my team randoms Broodmother. So they counterpick us hard: Axe, Earthshaker, Luna. We win anyway, against a 21K XP deficit. PL too stronk.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, none of those characters really counter PL super hard, and only 2 of them are good at clearing spiders even. Luna is not a good counter to ether IMO. In fact, I think both are actually Luna counters, they make her two signature abilities less useful since a large number of hits will be tanked by worthless units instead of key targets like you want.

DrPizza

Banned
Yeah, none of those characters really counter PL super hard, and only 2 of them are good at clearing spiders even. Luna is not a good counter to ether IMO. In fact, I think both are actually Luna counters, they make her two signature abilities less useful since a large number of hits will be tanked by worthless units instead of key targets like you want.

Luna and Medusa are the only two ranged carries with any real semblance of consistent spider-clearing ability. Gyrocopter is good whenever flak cannon is up, but horrible when it's down, and TA can work in the right situation.

Legion is theoretically good, but low level pubs don't even level up her Q.

Echoslam can be honestly pretty devastating though, both because the initial burst hurts like hell if you have your full illusion army, and because it'll probably clear all the illusions out instantly, revealing the true PL. Once you have enough tankiness to withstand the echo things get a lot better.

Late game the natural cleavers, and anyone melee who builds a Battlefury, can counter both. Though honestly, I think PL is very strong right now, with only Tiny well equipped to handle him (since he has to attack from within Craggy range, and his low mana pool is strong against diffusal blade). I don't know that anyone counters PL super hard, though the usual AOE lockdowns are always going to be good.

Hylian7

I could never get the hang of HoN. It was always too visually confusing to me and then it was just "Oh hey I'm dead now."

A lot of the spells in the game really didn't have their shit straight on what should look like what. A good example of this was HoN's Enigma, Tempest. Midnight Pulse is a FUCKING METEOR DROPPING FROM SPACE while black hole is a little tornado. Obviously if you know what the spells do you know which is the ultimate, but on first glance you would think midnight pulse.

I also could never figure out how to use the courier in it. I went back to play a match or two on my stream for fun and still couldn't figure it out.

Some of the Dota port heroes had odd changes, like the Dazzle one I mentioned. They also loved having toggleable passives that could potentially be harmful, such as Luna's glaives and aura. Ever seen a 0-4-4-1 Luna in Dota that ults and then does literally no damage? That's a HoN build, it was a thing to use both passives to jungle, and ult wasn't based on Lucent Beam level unlike in Dota.

I feel like S2 forgot that when you take passives, you forfeit the advantage of not having them, such as not pushing the lane with Moon Glaive. If I remember right, I think HoN's Moon Glaive toggle didn't completely turn it off, just switched it to only bounce to heroes, or everything.

kionedrik

patch coming after starladder according to icefrog. so yes.

What I meant was, do you believe we'll get 6.84 next week (30/04) or the week after that (07/05) or, god forbid, any other week of May.

I want to believe the patch is ready to ship out once SL is done, but part of me seems reluctant to accept it.

That MMR guesser is utter garbage.

Also, when exactly did Redditors come to the conclusion that spamming "haha hoho" is funny? Just how unfunny is that shit?

manfestival

I showed a friend a video of dota 2. This friend doesnt play games and sees only the occasional madden from time to time. He was so confused.

Manus

Any other Invoker players hoping he receive a small buff? I just feel like he falls off so hard late game against some of these agi heroes. I've just been running him as a semi carry. Without two other cores on the team he really can't handle his own at the moment.

Any other Invoker players hoping he receive a small buff? I just feel like he falls off so hard late game against some of these agi heroes. I've just been running him as a semi carry. Without two other cores on the team he really can't handle his own at the moment.
hes kind of supposed to do that

meta making the game go long hurts lots of mid game and semi carries

night stalker being run as a offlaner and support for instance this patch isn't a coincidence

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't want to sound too rude but i don't understand how i'm 2k mmr given that i'm laning with a wk who came to my lane even after i already said i would go offlane, and who specced vampiric aura early, and who's just autoattacking

i don't want to sound too rude but i don't understand how i'm 2k mmr given that i'm laning with a wk who came to my lane even after i already said i would go offlane, and who specced vampiric aura early, and who's just autoattacking

You see that at 4k as well.
"I'm going solo guys"
"ok"
a minute later twitch.tv/cykablaster420xxprogamer comes offlane with some trash useless hero and won't leave even if you ask him

Might've been a 1k players who stacked with his 3k buddy.

Hylian7

Sadly this happens at any MMR. I have even seen it happen on Purge's stream and he is 5k.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
all props to him, after he left my lane the wk was actually quite good. classic 'toggle armlet, Q them, walk up to them and kill them in four hits' wk build.

1479.gif

midas treads blink or bust

DrPizza

Banned
This Empire-NIP game 2. Empire trailing 1-17. Now 17-24 and starting to take control of the game. Wow. This is shaping up to be like a 12K gold/XP throw.

of course purge isnt as good as your average pro

we saw that live

hes still a good player and totally 5k

just not super awesome teh best

i dont think hes ever portrayed himself as such and people dont think of him that way

his guide is for the newest of new and explaining why going into a lane with regen over boots certainly doesnt need to come from rtz

of course purge isnt as good as your average pro

we saw that live

hes still a good player and totally 5k

just not super awesome teh best

i dont think hes ever portrayed himself as such and people dont think of him that way

his guide is for the newest of new and explaining why going into a lane with regen over boots certainly doesnt need to come from rtz

boots first is legit on a few heroes though
see treant, SK and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom