• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

i don't want to sound too rude but i don't understand how i'm 2k mmr given that i'm laning with a wk who came to my lane even after i already said i would go offlane, and who specced vampiric aura early, and who's just autoattacking

Freakinchair also gets Vampiric Aura early, hes a near 4.5k player. Dota guys, anything is possible.

Freakinchair also gets Vampiric Aura early, hes a near 4.5k player. Dota guys, anything is possible.

Early vamp aura is good if you're stomping in safe lane. But levelling it in the offlane ? No way it makes sense, you're just gonna push that shit and get less xp

kionedrik

Armlet has been garbage for a while, too expensive for a mid game item and not good enough for a late game, it really needs buffs

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I remember people saying the exact same thing about SnY and look at where we are now (the last change was in 6.8 so almost 2(?) years ago).
The fact that it's an item that caters to a niche audience doesn't make it bad, in fact it's an awesome item with great bonus and a great build-up. It's true that it's only a mid-game item but the shopkeeper doesn't mind to get it back later. Meanwhile it allowed you to farm, pressure towers and snowball.

Acinixys

of course purge isnt as good as your average pro

we saw that live

hes still a good player and totally 5k

just not super awesome teh best

i dont think hes ever portrayed himself as such and people dont think of him that way

He has very good technical knowledge of the game, but knowledge does not translate into skill

I know this cause I know everything about Dota, but am only 3.5K

Kappa

it's ok kid, nothing personnel
also arteezy is a shit and overrated player who was holding EG back

Shuggananas this is how I see you when ever I read one of your posts

CqsqQM6.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the only reason it looks like arteezy was holding EG back was because they replaced him with one of the few mids in the world who's unquestionably better than him imo

Acinixys

the only reason it looks like arteezy was holding EG back was because they replaced him with one of the few mids in the world who's unquestionably better than him imo

RTZ is an excellent player

But when he starts going on tilt he loses the plot and totally fucks up everything

RE: Literally every game where he plays Ember

Sumail on the other hand goes 0-4 as Storm and then comes back with multiple ultra kills to win the game for his team

Hylian7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ouNlfLPjs

This is an older video, by Matthewmatosis, who gives in-depth reviews of games, but it's interesting and brings up a topic of discussion: RNG.

Now, a lot of the complaints about RNG he makes in this video have since changed (this was a few months after TI2). Much of the RNG stuff that has changed has definitely changed for the better, probably the biggest being runes. I used to be on the side that it was more interesting to have just one rune spawn, however I see the problems with it. While it was up to the mid to control runes before, you could still lose on this if you got unlucky and guessed the wrong rune and now you're stuck with an empty bottle and an opponent with a rune. Level 1 Haste Rune was particularly dumb, but I won't go into that.

Now the rune system has changed a lot, and it's much nicer so whichever spot you go to, you still get something and didn't completely waste your time. Of course that also changed the dynamics of mid, where you need supports to help you control runes.

I think a lot of the RNG stuff is mainly stuff you have to know how to play against. For instance, here's a few examples.

Evasion - Use magic/pure damage or get MKB if you absolutely have to right click them.
Uphill miss - Comes down to positioning, if you are attacking uphill (assuming no MKB), you can expect to miss generally. You can try it and take the risk, but you know what you're doing isn't a surefire thing, and can potentially go wrong.
Ogre Magi Multicast - Basically this is something you typically buy BKB for, as still you get stunned by Fireblast, whether there is a ding da ding ding ding or not.

I think the point of a lot of this RNG stuff is to make it harder for players to abuse it. For instance, if PA's Coup de Grace was something that procced every 6th hit or something, this could be easily abused. You go hit some creeps until the next one is a crit, then you go crit someone's face off potentially. Now, with pseudo RNG, you can try to do this, but it is much harder to do, as you may proc your crit on a creep and drop your chances of getting it on the hero.

liezryou

RTZ is an excellent player

But when he starts going on tilt he loses the plot and totally fucks up everything

RE: Literally every game where he plays Ember

Sumail on the other hand goes 0-4 as Storm and then comes back with multiple ultra kills to win the game for his team

That is exactly why Sumail is an excellent player and RTZ is not. A professional player has keep his cool and composure in check, otherwise he's just as good as the next 2-bit 6k mmr rager.

That being said, if he gets off to a good enough start, he can keep up with the rest of them, so he's not 'trash' or anything.

Vade

Holden I am calling you out in this thread of the dotas that number 2 in regards to the notice of in housing the league of the number 2. Because you have sullied my break of the lunchth I demandith a timing by the maro for the duel whichith willith take place on the days that endth the week.

Please givith your notice in terms of fire bird, Jamaican Dr. Kirby, or Moo cow.

Holden I am calling you out in this thread of the dotas that number 2 in regards to the notice of in housing the league of the number 2. Because you have sullied my break of the lunchth I demandith a timing by the maro for the duel whichith willith take place on the days that endth the week.

Please givith your notice in terms of fire bird, Jamaican Dr. Kirby, or Moo cow.

are you high?

shira

Can we realistically expect a balance patch in one week from tomorrow?

Major gaming forum NeoGaf confirms that the next Dota 2 update will have Source 2, custom game support, 2 new heroes and 6.84

Sure. It seems to be done from a balance point of view, the question is the cosmetics and cosmetical implications. Been hearing a bunch of weird stuff from traders. A bunch of the biggest ones have already cashed out a bunch more are really anxious.

Valve could do something as crazy as free access to all/most cosmetics till the end of TI5 for all compendium buyers, Half-Life 3, VIVE dev kits, Golden Tickets. Man I would love to be in that TI5 task force: limitless possibilities in terms of how to make $50-100 million dollars

DrPizza

Banned
Am I unique in thinking that the current DreamLeague hosting format is actually pretty good? The only thing I wish they'd do is close the gaps so that matches were run immediately after the post-match analysis, but the casting (Draskyl and ODPixel), and the presenting (Sheever, a surprisingly good Shane, plus one) have been solidly entertaining.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Sure. It seems to be done from a balance point of view, the question is the cosmetics and cosmetical implications. Been hearing a bunch of weird stuff from traders. A bunch of the biggest ones have already cashed out a bunch more are really anxious.

Can you expand on this? Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom