• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

How exactly did you read that post and mine and come away with the impression that I was asking about the balance changes? The interesting part is what shira said about cosmetics and traders.

My bad, just so many people keep asking when the patch is coming and forgetting about that and I just thought you were too. That stuff is interesting though.

TheCrow

God I am the worst Troll player, 14% win rate too strong

post-6566-Ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gif-Im-nkxE.gif

shira

How exactly did you read that post and mine and come away with the impression that I was asking about the balance changes? The interesting part is what shira said about cosmetics and traders.

July 1 keys expire, People are scared of big transactions, getting rid of expensive couriers, the Korean Nexon items are fucking up who has primary access to exclusive items. BitCoin price crashed. Euro/Ruble crashed.

The only 2 sure things are that key prices are going to plummet --> item prices are going to plummet because people redeem the keys--> betting prices are going to plummet
And people are going to sell off their items to buy compendiums.

Turkish suprise meet n greet

The shirts are a little plain, I was hoping for some "secret" designs.

http://zippy.gfycat.com/QueasyHiddenDowitcher.webm

Sliver

My bad hero might be the worst..

vswsM0C.png

Haven't been playing much lately, but according to my roommates rage noises I'm thinking Sniper is pretty OP.

DrPizza

Banned
My worst is probably QoP. I think I'm better at her than I used to be, but she used to give me chronic mana management issues; I'd never have quite enough to finish people off, and so was always ineffectual on the hero.

0tOzvT6.png

This makes sense, I play a really shitty Clinkz.

csuigqn.png

I have no idea how this happened though, but I can see how things go wrong for me playing a slow fragile mana-starved support hero that is not supposed to be a 5(imo).

ksan

Farming mids are generally better rather than trying to run all over the place ganking.

Yeah, but that's only part of it. Sure, he pretty much single-handedly caused the meta to switch to farming mids. However, more importantly he changed on how much effort you should put into farming and how you farm when you're mid with any hero.

Hylian7

Yeah, but that's only part of it. Sure, he pretty much single-handedly caused the meta to switch to farming mids. However, more importantly he changed on how much effort you should put into farming and how you farm when you're mid with any hero.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Sadly today a lot of pubs still don't understand this and you get a lot of "gg mid no gank"

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

also took creep aggro manipulation to the max, sure others have been doing it for awhile, but he was pretty much the best at it and set a new standard for professional mids in this regard. he consistently wins "unfavorable" match-ups by using creep aggro to his advantage.

Farming mids are generally better rather than trying to run all over the place ganking.

that's completely debatable and usually dependent on an individual team's playstyle/draft. Never hurts to gank when the opportunity presents itself (i.e. getting a good rune or noticing a tower dive somewhere and tp'ing).

Hupsel

Anyone wants an ESO PS4 beta key? Looks like its a 50gb download and if my brazilian internet that would take until the 2016 Olympics to finish.

RTZ's ability not only to farm so effectively but to farm as well as he does while still having a lot of influence on the flow of match is really impressive. Not my favourite player as an individual, but I really like how he plays mid.

Wok

Sometimes I feel bad for winning this kind of game against willingful supports.

Poor Jakiro lost the gem so fast!

ZA0nEeU.png

I am not even trying to last hit. I even first pick Riki so that they can counter pick me with Zeus, Slardar or Bounty Hunter.

4pDjiNa.png

It is actually the bounty runes and the kills which give farm.

nWtzVuE.png

Thanks for the tips on support Riki. The game is amazing, I feel as if I am the dungeon master messing with the opponents. I fear the day I will face a support Riki.

Hylian7

also took creep aggro manipulation to the max, sure others have been doing it for awhile, but he was pretty much the best at it and set a new standard for professional mids in this regard. he consistently wins "unfavorable" match-ups by using creep aggro to his advantage.

that's completely debatable and usually dependent on an individual team's playstyle/draft. Never hurts to gank when the opportunity presents itself (i.e. getting a good rune or noticing a tower dive somewhere and tp'ing).

Yeah, absolutely, but you can certainly agree with me that many of the mids, that the mentality of "get your 6 and go gank" is gone for the most part.

DrPizza

Banned
Oh yeah, absolutely. Sadly today a lot of pubs still don't understand this and you get a lot of "gg mid no gank"

Mid has been a predominantly farming role for as long as I've been playing Dota 2 (just over two years now). It's possible that he pushed things a little more towards farming, but "mid disappears from mid lane to go ganking once he hits six" has not been the primary pro meta for a long time.

Hylian7

Mid has been a predominantly farming role for as long as I've been playing Dota 2 (just over two years now). It's possible that he pushed things a little more towards farming, but "mid disappears from mid lane to go ganking once he hits six" has not been the primary pro meta for a long time.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, and that has trickled down to be the predominant pub strategy too (for the most part).

DrPizza

Banned
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, and that has trickled down to be the predominant pub strategy too (for the most part).

I dunno, in pubs I still see a lot of "gg mid no gank", and substantially less "go on him, we're ganking mid". Even when playing the more obviously level-dependent heroes like OD. Like what am I going to do at level 4? Imprison someone and regen some mana?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
July 1 keys expire, People are scared of big transactions, getting rid of expensive couriers, the Korean Nexon items are fucking up who has primary access to exclusive items. BitCoin price crashed. Euro/Ruble crashed.

The only 2 sure things are that key prices are going to plummet --> item prices are going to plummet because people redeem the keys--> betting prices are going to plummet
And people are going to sell off their items to buy compendiums.

I guess there's the thing about all the gems and crafting stuff expiring on May 1 or something as well.

I dunno, in pubs I still see a lot of "gg mid no gank", and substantially less "go on him, we're ganking mid". Even when playing the more obviously level-dependent heroes like OD. Like what am I going to do at level 4? Imprison someone and regen some mana?

Can't tell you how many times I've seen "Pudge no gank" when he's level 3 or 4.

Hylian7

Yeah, but even in the 3ks I definitely see a lot more farming mids more often than I used to. I do see plenty of "gg mid no gank" on both sides, but often times matches can be determined because one side basically thought it was lost because mid didn't gank.

shira

I guess there's the thing about all the gems and crafting stuff expiring on May 1 or something as well.

I'm not quite sure if there is as market for recipes, but I guess that will cap all the crafting of bettable items like battlefuries and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom