• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
Next week could be anytime from

t1430031600z4.png

to
t1430636400z4.png

have hope shira
CMAbHCB.gif

There was a company that wanted to do a $500k LAN in Seattle this Summer, now that is the Fall.

Forgot about those guys, feels weird though that some unknowns would get the major status over MLG, Red Bull or The Summit. That's if America even gets a major considering they have TI, could give two to Europe even

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if DAC 2016 will be the Spring Major.

I like how they made a special page just to show a few place holder pictures.

There will be limited trade periods during the year for participating teams.
So wait, is Valve going to do something like "After the tournament, you only have 2 weeks to do a trade, or else you are DQ from the next Cup"

inkls

?????? i barely ever see slark, and i am as pub as they come.

storm is much more of a pubstomper as far as i'm concerned. a good storm is nigh unbeatable for the average pub team.

literally 3% in difference in pub pick rate lol. (800k differences between 6,900,000 games storm and 6,100,000 slark)

W1SSY

Forgot about those guys, feels weird though that some unknowns would get the major status over MLG, Red Bull or The Summit. That's if America even gets a major considering they have TI, could give two to Europe even

BTS could not run a major tournament by themselves. I don't know if Valve would let MLG run one because they are trying to make their own tournament structure which I don't see MLG dropping. Red Bull has also not done anything big as far as I know. Haven't they just done small tournaments for random players to play in?

In terms of the casters it will probably depend on the people behind the tourney. For the most part BTS is the only English studio that has the people to do a full tournament.

shira

I wonder if DAC 2016 will be the Spring Major.

I like how they made a special page just to show a few place holder pictures.

So wait, is Valve going to do something like "After the tournament, you only have 2 weeks to do a trade, or else you are DQ from the next Cup"

I honestly don't see a difference in team changes. There is a period after TI, before CNY, and before the TI deadline. This doesn't change anything.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Could make a rule that top placing teams needs to keep the majority of the their roster to get an invite to the next major. I think CS GO has something like that

Im guessing Fall = ESL ; Winter = Dac; Spring = MLG; Summer = Int.

Swap ESL and MLG and I think that could work

BTS could not run a major tournament by themselves. I don't know if Valve would let MLG run one because they are trying to make their own tournament structure which I don't see MLG dropping. Red Bull has also not done anything big as far as I know. Haven't they just done small tournaments for random players to play in?

In terms of the casters it will probably depend on the people behind the tourney. For the most part BTS is the only English studio that has the people to do a full tournament.

Only really mentioned the Summit because it's usually held around that time of year.
Red Bull haven't really run anything major but they have a lan coming up in the US soon with big teams, was pretty impressed by their production and scheduling for their qualifiers
Yeah good point on MLG their JDL stuff might not fit in at all

W1SSY

I honestly don't see a difference in team changes. There is a period after TI, before CNY, and before the TI deadline. This doesn't change anything.

They could just have an "off season" where that is the only time for you to make changes unless you want to miss out on all the tournaments.

inkls

isn't a pub stomper a hero that is really good at winning pubs if the player is good at playing him? pick rate doesn't make a different here, no?

Was referring to ''barely see slark''. As far as pubstomp goes, it means its a hero that can take advantage of disorganized pubs (ex:riki).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think you need an incurable disease to join popgaf.

ie4LZvtfDAVRv.gif

this homophobia. reported tbh.

Was referring to ''barely see slark''. As far as pubstomp goes, it means its a hero that can take advantage of disorganized pubs (ex:riki).

..............or storm?
dac15_fantastic.gif

and i mean i do barely see slark, shrug. or maybe because he barely makes an impact?? when he leaps and you just tp away.
highfive.gif

inkls

leave slark alone. the hero is fine and not annoying the slightest.

No, the hero is bullshit. He can purge 90% of disables off on a 6 seconds cooldown which he can use to flash farm too so theres no way to shut him down, easy escape with pounce on an 8 seconds cd, passive stats steal (wth?) for free and for 2 minutes unless you die (thanks icefraud), ult that passively gives you a heart and haste rune while also letting you detect wards and has an active that makes you untargettable unless by aoe abilities on a 60 seconds cd. Hero is bullshit and should be removed from the game ASAP.

hue

I don't really see the roster rules making that much of a difference for the majors really. I mean most of the big teams (C9, EG, Secret, Chinese tier 1s) who you'd consider for an invite only really swap during the off seasons anyway. I mean Na'vi were the only team that seemed to really get out of hand with it (and teams affected by them). Plus if you get four chances to switch in a year that could probably lead to more reshuffles...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If they change that absolutely dreadful int, and reduce the cooldown on his ult by a good chunk, maybe

They really only need to do one of those and he will be a pub terror. He is like 1 mid-size buff from being publord.

I don't really see the roster rules making that much of a difference for the majors really. I mean most of the big teams (C9, EG, Secret, Chinese tier 1s) who you'd consider for an invite only really swap during the off seasons anyway. I mean Na'vi were the only team that seemed to really get out of hand with it (and teams affected by them). Plus if you get four chances to switch in a year that could probably lead to more reshuffles...

I think Valve is hoping to make a more formal "Trading Period", to add more stability to the scene. A lot of viewers are unhappy with how often teams swap rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom