• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I agree. But I would say every position's relevance depends on the draft to a certain extent.

At my MMR, I always fail at understanding what to draft besides obvious counters. So whenever I pick support, there is a chance that my spells and positioning become irrelevant late game.

At my MMR, I always fail at understanding what to draft besides obvious counters. So whenever I pick support, there is a chance that my spells and positioning become irrelevant late game.

I don't know what your MMR is, but I feel like I turned a corner thinking about spell interactions by playing a ton of Ability Draft. It forced me to think about spells in a new light.

Just think what kind of lockdown you need if you need any (instant or not, stun, slow, silence), or what kind of damage you need (high burst, DoT, AoE, etc) depending on the enemy cores, that should be enough to pick accordingly
And don't fuck up your lanes of course, nothing worse than a hard carry that can't get a single CS in his lane, especially in pubs

6.84 Wishlist:

System stuff -

-Each team now has a limited number of buyback charges. Like 10 or something.
-After buying back you now enter the "Buyback respawn queue", there is 4 second delay before you actually respawn, if there are multiple buybacks while the queue is active there is a further delay 4 second between each individual spawn.
-Lifesteal no longer works on Roshan.
-Tier 1 glyph change reverted.
-A bit more gold for Tier 3's and rax.
-Taking an enemy rax now gives you one charge of an ability that can be used from one of your own raxes and buffs the next creep wave that spawns there. It could give you a wave of super creeps with 50% magic resistance or something like that.

Items:

-Atos: Slow reduced to 40% but now the lost MS is transferred to your hero like in Grave Chill. Maybe swap one of the staffs for a Robe + Chainmail and exchange some int for some armour.
-Veil: Now gives vision over the target area for 4 seconds.
-Euls: Remove mask from build-up but make recipe cost more. Reduce mana regen to 100%.
-Mom: -Bonus MS now only applies when facing an enemy hero within 1500 range.
-New component item in the secret shop - Lina's Lost Slipper gives 50 damage for 3k gold.
-Refresher Orb: Change build up to Perseverance + Lina's Slipper + Recipe. Same total cost.
-New Item: Staff of the Ram. Forcestaff + Lina's Slipper. Gives 15 int and 50 damage. Active when used on self is the same as forcestaff. No longer works on allies. When used on enemies pushes them away from you and deals 2X primary attribute in magic damage and ministuns.

Hero changes:

Slardar: +3 base damage. (This will remake the meta and render all other changes unnecessary.)

kionedrik

I don't know what your MMR is, but I feel like I turned a corner thinking about spell interactions by playing a ton of Ability Draft. It forced me to think about spells in a new light.

This x1000. It's incredible that what, i think, started as a joke mode (AD) might actually be the best learning tool for any player.

Regarding supports, what do you guys think about scaling prices of typical support items like wards, sentries, smokes, etc. For instance, the first set of wards would cost 100g, the next 110, and so on. This would help supports in the early game and increase their overall impact in the game.

Slardar: +3 base damage. (This will remake the meta and render all other changes unnecessary.)
Slardar : -2 base damage
Slithereen crush : +5 to radius (350 to 355)

Slardar is now top pick and nobody knows how to counter him

This x1000. It's incredible that what, i think, started as a joke mode (AD) might actually be the best learning tool for any player.

Regarding supports, what do you guys think about scaling prices of typical support items like wards, sentries, smokes, etc. For instance, the first set of wards would cost 100g, the next 110, and so on. This would help supports in the early game and increase their overall impact in the game.
Unnecessary

Acinixys

Sometimes its great living in African and sleeping when all the Americans are posting

I left this thread talking about VG vs IG, and came back to pages and pages of salt, bans, IHL smack talk and general bullshitting

Patch when?

mayatomr_romance.gif

Slardar : -2 base damage
Slithereen crush : +5 to radius (350 to 355)

Slardar is now top pick and nobody knows how to counter him

Unnecessary

- You now take no extra damage when using Sprint OR You still take extra damage but sprint gives you a small amount extra attack speed (like 10 - 30 - 40 - 50)
- Crush radius given a small increase

G.ZZZ

What is this shit, you can't be racist against whites anymore?!?!?! How are yuropeans supposed to live without flaming smelly ego-inflated frenchies, drunken yellow teethed englishmen, socks under sandals germans, lazy corrupt mafia mandolino pizza?!?!!!?

At this rate we're all gonna have a nintendo family filter implanted in our brain
invisibility.gif

shira

I'm throwing this post in here because it seems to get viewed a lot more than the IHL thread, so here goes. I'm thinking about doing a little bi-weekly IHL 'talk show' or podcast of sorts, where captains/players can give their thoughts on a some IHL relevant topics, talk about their matches so far, etc. Nothing too intense or nerdy, but just some fun content that people who are in the IHL and/or are interested in the IHL can consume. So I'm just trying to gauge who would actually be interested in participating, and if anyone would actually watch said show.
You want to turn the end of Sunday into open mic? I don't think anything productive is going to come of this.

Zeknurn

Day 1 - Hero gets remodeled, solo queue returns and patch notes
Day 2 - All draft added, two new shop items for supports and patch hits test client
Day 3 - Further Source 2 information, paid mods for Dota 2 announced and some dumb cosmetics
Day 4 - The three major tournaments are detailed and patch hits live.

redesign skills, you press a button just before it lands for it to do more damge or something a la paper mario/mario and luigi battle system.

boken from the grave suggests that people can press something to negate damage as well.

In between twobear memorial vigils I figured out a problem I was having with micro in games: unified unit orders is fucking up my micro. Whenever I use ctrl+Q/W/E/R to spend an ability point, my units do weird things.

Is there any fix other than not using ctrl to upgrade or unified unit orders?

What time are we looking at patch notes going up.. 1pm EST?

I haven't paid attention in the past so I can't remember if they've been consistent with that.

It's like Christmas morning up in this bitch.

In between twobear memorial vigils I figured out a problem I was having with micro in games: unified unit orders is fucking up my micro. Whenever I use ctrl+Q/W/E/R to spend an ability point, my units do weird things.

Is there any fix other than not using ctrl to upgrade or unified unit orders?

Change the control for units ?

What I want in patch:

Make the lanes creeps always move at same speed, no longer slowed/hasted at first.
Remove refresher, slight buff to the ult of the heroes it would affect negatively.
Nerf euls.
Nerf blink. Seriously, pls icefrog.

Why the fuck y'all wanna delete refresher really
Also euls is fine, it was never built before 6.84. No need to nerf it hard, just maybe change mana cost or cooldown or range, nothing harder than that

edit :
nah but you can change the keys for units' spells iirc, if that can help

just dont think its that skilfull using refresher. nothing you can do if tide gets a jump in ravage, refresher ravage for example.

buybacks are the true cancer of the game though.

G.ZZZ

I must agree with xxx_Imp_OneWinGedAnGeL_420_the_DimP_UltimateSSJGOD_XXX, everyone that is lower than 5k plz don't post anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom