• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompidu

Trying to play AM in pub matches is gonna end badly. The coordination is not good enough for protection and no one stacks jungle in pubs.

sixghost

I was absolutely suppressed, and died one time. I don't know what else I could have done in that game.

Here's a random assortment of things I believe you did incorrectly:

Pre-battlefury
-You had the broadsword brought out to you on the courier. This is inefficient in the same way that bringing a glove of haste for a midas in the safelane is inefficient. You can buy the broadsword at the sideshop so that should be your last item. RoH from the sideshop, courier brings your void stone, courier brings you claymore, finish bfury at the sideshop. *edit* my mistake, but still you should buy it last for the same reason you buy the midas recipe first.
-12:30, you got bullied out of top lane which is understandable, so you went to farm bottom, which is fine. You stayed there way too long and basically turned the windrunner into a support. She had a rough lane and that was her time to get some exp and farm back. At this point the wave top was right near your T2, which is one of the safest places to farm in the entire game. Ask for a ward in your jungle and control the wave until you get battlefury. Staying bottom reduced the total farm your team was getting.
-14:00-15:00, you farm a hard camp, then blink all the way across your jungle passing up neutral camps, turn around to farm a hard camp, then TP bottom. You get 4 cs bottom then are bullied out of the lane by jugg. You then hop back to your jungle, which is what you should have been doing in the first place. You spent an entire minute getting 3 neutral creeps, 4 lane creeps, and used a tp. You basically wasted a minute jumping around the map when no one on your team was farming the jungle. Antimage is just fine doing neutrals at that point. Even if you didn't get bullied out immediately, what were you doing down there? You can't farm the enemy jungle yet. Best case scenario you maybe get a couple waves before you have to go back to your own jungle. You aren't thinking more than 30 seconds ahead here.

Post-Battlefury
-16:30, Sniper and silencer clear a wave middle, and you see them walking towards your jungle with a ward mid lane. You blink up a blind cliff, into an area where there is a decent chance two heroes that can surely kill you might be. You die within 1 minute of getting your battlefury, which is devastating. The ward didn't show you exactly where they were going, but you should have been more careful. Putting your blink on CD was the crucial mistake. Silencer was slow on the ult and you would have lived easily had you just walked over there. TPing to bottom and split pushing was what you should have done here.
-18:00, You respawn, tp top, and push a T1 and T2 while the enemy team kills your T3 and rax. You only bought 1 tp in the fountain, so you spend 15 seconds blinking back up to the secret shop to buy TPs, then go back to pushing. This ends up costing your as the tower lives with 100something HP. What did you even need the TP for? The other lanes T2s were still up so 1 rax was all they were getting.
-21:53, why are you just standing there waiting for the creeps to catch up? Go farm the small camp or cut the wave. That's like basic AM stuff.
-Also around this time, why are you building vlads? Your team needs straight up pushing power at this moment. You get vlads on AM to do rosh and kill ancient stacks, neither of which did you have time to do in this game. Also, there's a Silencer in the game, manta is even more or a priority because of this.

There's no point watching any further because you have lost 2 rax and aren't pressuring t3s. Some antimage games go like this, and even if you played perfectly you probably would have lost anyway, but to say you don't know what you could have done better is a joke. I'll say it again, 479 gpm is not enough for a game like that. You had Battlefury treads at 16 minutes which is quick enough to take over a game. You dying at 16:30 basically ended the game, as the other team killed towers and pushed everything in while you were dead. The 3-4 minutes before and after battlefury is the most important time in the game for an AM and your didn't make very good decisions in either of those periods.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It took 5 months, but I have finally made my dosh:
dosh.jpg

Hylian7

Here's a random assortment of things I believe you did incorrectly:

Pre-battlefury
-You had the broadsword brought out to you on the courier. This is inefficient in the same way that bringing a glove of haste for a midas in the safelane is inefficient. You can buy the broadsword at the sideshop so that should be your last item. RoH from the sideshop, courier brings your void stone, courier brings you claymore, finish bfury at the sideshop. *edit* my mistake, but still you should buy it last for the same reason you buy the midas recipe first.
-12:30, you got bullied out of top lane which is understandable, so you went to farm bottom, which is fine. You stayed there way too long and basically turned the windrunner into a support. She had a rough lane and that was her time to get some exp and farm back. At this point the wave top was right near your T2, which is one of the safest places to farm in the entire game. Ask for a ward in your jungle and control the wave until you get battlefury. Staying bottom reduced the total farm your team was getting.
-14:00-15:00, you farm a hard camp, then blink all the way across your jungle passing up neutral camps, turn around to farm a hard camp, then TP bottom. You get 4 cs bottom then are bullied out of the lane by jugg. You then hop back to your jungle, which is what you should have been doing in the first place. You spent an entire minute getting 3 neutral creeps, 4 lane creeps, and used a tp. You basically wasted a minute jumping around the map when no one on your team was farming the jungle. Antimage is just fine doing neutrals at that point. Even if you didn't get bullied out immediately, what were you doing down there? You can't farm the enemy jungle yet. Best case scenario you maybe get a couple waves before you have to go back to your own jungle. You aren't thinking more than 30 seconds ahead here.

Post-Battlefury
-16:30, Sniper and silencer clear a wave middle, and you see them walking towards your jungle with a ward mid lane. You blink up a blind cliff, into an area where there is a decent chance two heroes that can surely kill you might be. You die within 1 minute of getting your battlefury, which is devastating. The ward didn't show you exactly where they were going, but you should have been more careful. Putting your blink on CD was the crucial mistake. Silencer was slow on the ult and you would have lived easily had you just walked over there. TPing to bottom and split pushing was what you should have done here.
-18:00, You respawn, tp top, and push a T1 and T2 while the enemy team kills your T3 and rax. You only bought 1 tp in the fountain, so you spend 15 seconds blinking back up to the secret shop to buy TPs, then go back to pushing. This ends up costing your as the tower lives with 100something HP. What did you even need the TP for? The other lanes T2s were still up so 1 rax was all they were getting.
-21:53, why are you just standing there waiting for the creeps to catch up? Go farm the small camp or cut the wave. That's like basic AM stuff.
-Also around this time, why are you building vlads? Your team needs straight up pushing power at this moment. You get vlads on AM to do rosh and kill ancient stacks, neither of which did you have time to do in this game. Also, there's a Silencer in the game, manta is even more or a priority because of this.

There's no point watching any further because you have lost 2 rax and aren't pressuring t3s. Some antimage games go like this, and even if you played perfectly you probably would have lost anyway, but to say you don't know what you could have done better is a joke. I'll say it again, 479 gpm is not enough for a game like that. You had Battlefury treads at 16 minutes which is quick enough to take over a game. You dying at 16:30 basically ended the game, as the other team killed towers and pushed everything in while you were dead. The 3-4 minutes before and after battlefury is the most important time in the game for an AM and your didn't make very good decisions in either of those periods.

Thanks, fair enough. I felt like that game was stuck between a rock and hard place.

Just played against a team of Jugg, Troll, Sniper, Tiny and qop.

They had the gall to shit-talk us after we put up a good fight for like 40 minutes.

I can't wait for this balance patch to render all 5 of these heroes completely useless.

QoP is seriously on the tip of being unbalanced. 4 secs cooldown slow with dot, 1300 blink at lvl 1, lmao nothing can stop this ult pure dmg aoe magic immunity nuke

Kard8p3

The dentist my insurance sent me to doesn't even do what I need done cuz he'd have to do it for free LOL. now I have to drive 2 hours to some other place. O well! Not doing it today at least.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
If they intend to do a multiple day reveal then it's certainly reasonable to hope for a post today. But they might not do that at all.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Mario Kart 8 is so much better than Dota.

-Less bullshit RNG (which is depressing to be honest)
-Nice community
-Wario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom