• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

Arc Warden seems overly complicated for the sake of being complicated. He just kind of seems like a mismash of various skills from other heroes tweaked a little. A bad version of Oracle's slow, Disruptor's storm for physical damage instead of magical, Terrorblade's enemy ghost thing just a little different and a mix between a Lone Druid bear and Meepo for an ult.

Pit Lord is kind of awkwardly between a newer styled complex hero and an old style kind of low key, more simple hero. He seems a bit better of the two, but at the same time, doesn't seem like he really adds anything major to the game.

all his abilities work well for the purpose of splitpushing or solo pickoffs when you look at it.

BraXzy

Gp8lh6G.jpg

BraXzy

When they mentioned last Diretide or whatever that they weren't initially going to bother because they had big stuff planned for this year, is this going to be the update that they talked about?

G.ZZZ

Game won canceled by servers exploding while we throne, next game we lose an impossible game where i had refresher aghs and 50 stolen int as silencer because our treant whined all game and intentionally fed.

I
AM
CALM

elyetis

When they mentioned last Diretide or whatever that they weren't initially going to bother because they had big stuff planned for this year, is this going to be the update that they talked about?
They were speaking of the opportunity to monetize dota 2 modding.

bounchfx

No.

This fucking meta makes people crazy.

The desire to get rid of it makes people crazy.

The anticipation of burying troll and sniper forever makes people crazy.

metas have a half life of whenever the next patch is anticipated to release

I wonder what will be OP this time

I'm hoping for some brood action, and maybe a massive buff to troll

Quesa

jfc everyone wait till Wednesday!

And to whoever said it was the meta that made them crazy and not patch thirst: of course the meta does that. It always does that. That's why patch thirst exists. I think 6.82 was the only patch that people did not lose their shit waiting for, and that's because 6.83 came out so soon after. You could replace troll/sniper with terrorblade/phoenix, then skywrath/void, and so on.

Sianos

I hated the deathball and One Void Draft (void witch doctor tide lich skywrath etc) meta a lot more than the current meta, although I'm both relatively new to dota so I haven't personally experienced the olden days pre TI3 and am happy troll warprincess is in the limelight.

dotagaf recommend some current albums i stopped listening to current music for some reason

something like instrumentral hip-hop sounds just fine

i trust you

popgaf can skip it

invisibility.gif

The OP void patch was much worse for me too..I actually stopped playing.

So while I've kept playing on 6.83, I'm ready for new heroes to watch/play against.. let the era of Str bros begin.

DrPizza

Banned

They said that whatever they were going to do would be "early" in the year didn't they?

They've already blown past that deadline.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Only hero I felt was ever bs was release Lycan. Release centaur was also something else, but he was nerfed super fast.

I remember Antimage being in every game for 6+ months when I first started playing, that was horrible. I guess how I felt then is how people now must feel about troll/sniper.

Epix

Is there any quick way to analyze the contents of your inventory to see if anything of high market value is in there?

kionedrik

No, this feels like every time we know a big update (should) be coming.

I can only speak for myself, but the impression that I have is that most people feel that this patch overstayed its welcome.

We grew accustomed to seeing the same variation of heroes in pro matches, simply because those heroes are the strongest in whichever meta its trending in that patch, but I've never seen the same stale pick pool being constantly used in pubs. To worsen the situation the pool is very small, since the "OP" ones overshadow all the other 100+ heroes practically in all stages of the game.

For me it stopped being fun a long time ago and my personal decision was to stop playing till a new patch is out.

I can only speak for myself, but the impression that I have is that most people feel that this patch overstayed its welcome.

We grew accustomed to seeing the same variation of heroes in pro matches, simply because those heroes are the strongest in whichever meta its trending in that patch, but I've never seen the same stale pick pool being constantly used in pubs. To worsen the situation the pool is very small, since the "OP" ones overshadow all the other 100+ heroes practically in all stages of the game.

For me it stopped being fun a long time ago and my personal decision was to stop playing till a new patch is out.
you can write this exact same post for literally any patch

purity ring
https://itunes.apple.com/ve/album/another-eternity/id953409287

this?
Only hero I felt was ever bs was release Lycan. Release centaur was also something else, but he was nerfed super fast.

I remember Antimage being in every game for 6+ months when I first started playing, that was horrible. I guess how I felt then is how people now must feel about troll/sniper.

released window centaur was the biggest bs ever

he had like 70 or so winrate

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, I think I'm going to miss sniper being FotM, of all the FotM heroes I can think of, he is the only one without a mobility spell to escape or a bail out spell like Naga and Jugg.

kionedrik

you can write this exact same post for literally any patch

Your right. Maybe this one is just more painful to me than the others were... others might hate other patches more than the current one. But i don't think that the pub representation of OP heroes was as strong in other patches as it was in 6.83, perhaps because troll, sniper and co have a low skill barrier of entry.

I forgot to mention one thing that was practically non-existing in older patches which made it even more painful, the comeback or rubberband mechanics. Take this with a grain of salt but there were a lot of undeserved wins/defeats because of this.

JC Sera

IMO this is one of the most balanced patches to date, its only 3-4 heroes that really need a nerf, and maybe 2-3 need a buff/re-work so they are relevant. I feel like in comparison to previous patches, a lot less needs to be "fixed"

Quesa

dotagaf recommend some current albums i stopped listening to current music for some reason

something like instrumentral hip-hop sounds just fine

i trust you

popgaf can skip it

invisibility.gif

To Pimp a Butterfly (most of it is very good and listenable, some of it is headier)
Blade of the Ronin
Banco by Sir Michael Rocks
Kauai
Pinata by Freddie Gibbs
St. Vincent by St. Vincent
Faces by Mac Miller
invisibility.gif

Kade

I fucking hate gaming this past week.

Bethesda/Valve paid mods slippery slope
Konami kicking kojima in the balls
dota 2 current patch