• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elyetis

you can write this exact same post for literally any patch
Is there really that many patch where there was a fotm hero with a pick rate ( in pub ) as big as current sniper, and for as long ? I don't check it that often, but I remember drow beating pudge at the pick/number of game at some point, but I think it wasn't very long or by the same margin. Centaur maybe did it for a week.

bounchfx

I really wonder if part of this was also a test for custom game modes. I imagine now they're going to take another look at how they can monetize those, since this system isn't popular and probably won't work.

I have no doubt they will use it for another game. I'm not sure it can be un-curated though.. it will be good for games in the long run, I think. It's also not for every game, and shouldn't be shoehorned in to make a buck. It needs to make sense.

as for custom game modes.. I'm expecting those with Source 2 maybe. I miss how starcraft/warcraft 3 handled them, which was rudimentary but a lot better than what dota has. I want to see a list of mods IN GAME with the option of letting me download/try them right there. Not some shit hidden away on the steam website :\

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really wonder if part of this was also a test for custom game modes. I imagine now they're going to take another look at how they can monetize those, since this system isn't popular and probably won't work.
They could do the bold move and try again this week with Dota, but I imagine they will at least hold off for a few months With something else.

I still don't know where this popgaf thing is, but I doubt it could handle my occasionally-growing playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL61E2DF1CC1D32C9A

zedd
facepalm.gif

bounchfx

didnt work. I tried just the numbers, then without backlash, nothing

same

dang
tried both IE and chrome. maybe I'm missing a plugin.

edit: okay, I got it to work. I literally just kept pressing the button. I guess I got $599.49 in the dotes. I can almost buy a first gen ps3!!!

I might actually sell some of this shit. I'm not attached to it nor really a collector, but then again even if I could buy more games I have no time to play them. :|

Zoon

Breaking News : Much expected 6.84 dota patch was found dead at his hotel room. Police suspects gunshot wounds found at victims body might be caused from a long range rifle. Witnesses reported "Hoho" "Haha" sounds was heared right before shooting.

cstretten

Hey all... I just wanted to share with you our latest set. This was created for the Polycount Chest Event currently underway. Drop by and give a vote if you like!

Cheers!

Lost Treasures of the Claddish King by Stefco and Prophet9

Played my first Troll Warlord game in 8 months to see what all the hype was about.

I'll miss this.

ban this filth

dac15_angry.gif
dac15_angry.gif
dac15_angry.gif
dac15_angry.gif
dac15_angry.gif
dac15_angry.gif
dac15_angry.gif

sniper is so ez that I got my record for most gold/highet tower damage/most kills/most last hits in a single match and I'm the scrubbest.

Reworked Mud Golems:

Mud Golems no longer have Spell Immunity
Mud Golems now have 50% Magic Resistance
Mud Golems armor reduced from 2 to 0
Mud Golems now split into two smaller Mud Golems, called Shard Golems, when they die (they have 30% of the original units' health and damage, and only live for 60 seconds)
Mud Golems movement speed increased from 270 to 310
Mud Golems (and also Shard Golems) have a new active ability: Hurl Boulder (0.6 second stun, 125 damage, 30 cooldown, 800 range). They do not automatically cast this
Gold/XP bounties rescaled so the total value for the camp remains the same (Mud Golems 32/42 Gold/XP each, Shard Golems 13/23 each)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom