• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Only one spot left over boys
disapprove.gif

Deadstar

Aside from the cd increase, I'm pretty sure it's a huge buff. Before you could counter it with detection, but now Oracle makes an ally completely untouchable and unstoppable. All you can do is run.

That's a good point. I wasn't thinking of it that way. If you can't be disabled then there's no counter for the ult.

Hylian7

Thought so, but wondered since you can control who the ward is targeting

It's not a spell at that point, it's just an attack. The only targeted part of the spell is just casting it on the ground. When Witch Doctor is dancing and the ward is firing, telling it to attack someone is just issuing an order to a unit.

rTeRg8g.jpg

WHAT IN THE FUCK

Why does this stack...

Bilix

That's a good point. I wasn't thinking of it that way. If you can't be disabled then there's no counter for the ult.

Almost. There's still a couple of things that won't be dispelled that could help.

Bane's Enfeeble
Puck's Dream Coil
Sand King's new Caustic Finale
Winter Wyvern's Ult <- Your best bet. Shame her other 2 abilities can be dispelled.

Edit: Forgot about Black Hole and ways to block pathing like Earth Shaker, Kinetic Field.

But ya. Nothing much is going to stop you from rampaging.

Ketch

So If alchemist doesn't buy any items from the fountain, and then get's both lvl 1 bounty runes, what's the best item he should buy to start the game? point booster?

edit: if you random'd you could start the game with power treads.

Tieske

Neo Member
does flak cannon / glaives work in tandem with that octerine orb thing

seems like that might be an ok contender for satanic in some cases
lemme check

edit: nope
edit2: actually it works for some (glaives) but not for flak
some other spell attack modis give heal too like clinkz arrow and spectre desolate

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
as i reread this patch and play/watch the test client, this patch is so fucking amazing. everything is pretty much great except two things:

1)octarine core
2)alchemist

these two are the only outliers imo but we'll see when it goes live and a b/c version will probably come quickly. if centaur aghs only gives himself the dmg reduction then that's fine imo, but if it's the entire team that would be my #3 on the list (haven't seen it yet).

but the amount of viable strats and heroes just exploded with all these items. we'll see a lot more pocket/unique strats imo

You know that cloak thing seemed lame at first but now a lot of heroes can get that instead of buying Lothars(which a lot of them were buying for initiation). It has the downside of being up for only 5 seconds but you can use it after channeling which is pretty huge, cast it on teammates which is also huge and you have sick magic resist so if you're up against a team that doesn't have (a lot of) aoe stuns you can do destructive damage with CM ult, WD ult, etc.

sixghost

This might have been suggested before, but have the IHL organizers considered postponing the games this weekend to let people figure out what all the new items and stuff do?

Tieske

Neo Member
This might have been suggested before, but have the IHL organizers considered postponing the games this weekend to let people figure out what all the new items and stuff do?

I think with how many broken interactions and other small things they have to deal with the patch might only be up at thursday/friday anyway

also i think patch hype is gonna make those games alot better

Hylian7

I think with how many broken interactions and other small things they have to deal with the patch might only be up at thursday/friday anyway

Yeah, with stuff like that 5-Meepo ravage being a thing, this might be the solution. I say do it if we don't see a 6.84b by Thursday.

Vade

Maybe if you are a fucking pussy and cannot stand the pure awesomeness of 10 people not knowing what the fuck they are doing.

Hylian7

Maybe if you are a fucking pussy and cannot stand the pure awesomeness of 10 people not knowing what the fuck they are doing.

We want to have actual fair matches with this. At the very least, if the patch gets in late on Friday, where some teams play on 6.83, while the ones scheduled throughout the weekend later have to play on 6.84, then I think that is a bit unfair.

Hylian7

Dont be a pussy, i say keep the matches. 2 teams have a bye this week anyway so they get to sit back and relax.

If all pairs of teams are playing on the same patch, then it's fine. I don't necessarily like it, at least that's fair, however at the rate they are fixing stuff in the patch, I have a feeling it will hit stable late Friday, causing some scheduled matches to be played on 6.83 with the rest on 6.84, and that is something I am not okay with.

Kard8p3

If all pairs of teams are playing on the same patch, then it's fine. I don't necessarily like it, at least that's fair, however at the rate they are fixing stuff in the patch, I have a feeling it will hit stable late Friday, causing some scheduled matches to be played on 6.83 with the rest on 6.84, and that is something I am not okay with.

Who cares. If some teams play on 6.83 good for them.

If Bokr/TUSR decide to delay we will likely run into TI time and then IHL dies zzz

Hylian7

you act like patches haven't affected tournaments before. It's happened in pro games and they didn't delay. This is just a fun IHL, there's no reason to delay other than people crying.

it only needs to be fair between the two teams facing each other

which it will be

if the patch launches at a time where some played on it and some didnt oh well

Generally they don't shift things during the same set of matches for a tournament, if even mid-tournament patches happen (see waiting til after StarLadder to drop this patch).

You can't just say "Who cares its for fun" and as an excuse to pull shenanigans like that. You might as well say we should just play ability draft in IHL.

What's unfair about it? Sorry, not following.

It's a pool play tournament and you have everyone play a match every week (except the teams with byes), all those teams should be playing under the same conditions. It isn't fair to have some teams playing on a patch they know while the others are all thrown into new territory and it's all a work of theorycrafting with no experience or practice on it.

Artanisix

Dude... there's nothing unfair about it. Are you worried that G1 of a series will be 6.83 and G2 will be 6.84? Even if that incredibly unlikely scenario happens, it's still not unfair to the teams. Everyone gets a fresh start. Where is the problem?

Hylian7

Dude... there's nothing unfair about it. Are you worried that G1 of a series will be 6.83 and G2 will be 6.84? Even if that incredibly unlikely scenario happens, it's still not unfair to the teams. Everyone gets a fresh start. Where is the problem?

It is totally unfair. Drafting becomes a totally different beast because you don't know what the meta exactly is yet and what the other team is going to do, and even if you theorycraft something, you don't even 100% know it's going to work out how you think.

BearPawB

Banned
glimmer cape is DOPE AS HELL
Love it on CM

It is totally unfair. Drafting becomes a totally different beast because you don't know what the meta exactly is yet and what the other team is going to do, and even if you theorycraft something, you don't even 100% know it's going to work out how you think.

that doesn't make it unfair.
Unfair is when someone has an advantage. When all people are at a disadvantage, that is still fair. Unless you are saying some teams had more games pre patch and others will have more games post patch

drafting is a totally different beast for both teams at the same time

neither team is sure about anything

its fair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom