• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I'm sorry Hylian but your idea of fair matches up with exactly 0% of the rest of the thread.

Apparently so, but you guys don't seem to get the advantage teams playing on 6.83 would have if a situation like the one I outlined above were to happen.

It might not though and we may not even have to worry about it.

Hylian7

Only you are worrying about it.

Because it is a potential situation that has a decent chance of happening, and none of you seem to care about the advantages here that some teams would get over other ones. Just pointing this situation out.

Calidor

if you don't think Aghs Cent is broken as fuck after watching this video, then you are crazy
tears.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTul6PBsIY8

Hylian7

To be fair, that is pretty much the standard Dota 2 experience; it's designed to make you hate your teammates, even when they're your friends.

Lol right?

Hylian, pls.

Congratulations, you can graduate to personal attacks too.

Pros are going to be playing tournaments on 6.84 hylian I thought you were "pro"?

Oh look at you and your low blow too. I want a tournament to be fair and fun and suddenly I'm a bad guy over it.

Regardless, the pros aren't going to be doing these "halfzies" shenanigans where half of them play their first round of the tournament on 6.83 while the other half is on 6.84.

Wok

It absolutely matters. Let's say you have a team that's good at 6.83 for whatever reason, they know it in and out, how to draft around it, etc, etc. Lets say (hypothetically of course) that for whatever reason they aren't as strong at drafting for a new patch with minimal time to study it but their opponent is.

If they play on 6.83, they win, if they play on 6.84, they lose.

Now imagine you have two teams with both of these qualities (not playing each other this weekend).

One wins because they played on the familiar patch, the other loses because they had to play on the new patch. The previous team got an unfair win they might not have otherwise have gotten.

There is one version of the game and people play this version. Nobody is making a tournament with version 6.82. So when a new version comes, you play on the new version. How is it unfair?

Hylian7

There is one version of the game and people play this version. Nobody is making a tournament with version 6.82. So when a new version comes, you play on the new version. How is it unfair?

I went over this. I'll quote myself here.

That's my point, not all people are going to be at a disadvantage if this were to happen. This is what I'm worried about happening:

Friday (We are still on 6.83 at this point)

Match at 5
Match at 7

PATCH DROPS EVERYTHING BELOW THIS ON NEW PATCH

Match at 8

Matches Saturday and Sunday

Those four teams in the top two matches have an easier time drafting and it is less a matter of getting lucky because everyone has experience with the meta. If EVERYONE was on the new patch, it would be fine, but if a situation like the one above happens, that is simply unfair.

One set of teams playing based on actual game knowledge and another playing based on guesswork is not an unfair advantage?

Hylian7

you should forfeit in protest

that'll show them

I already said I know nothing is being done about it, you guys are still talking about it and I'm responding to you guys.

I don't entirely disagree with Hylian, and if there were no rest weekends (i.e. every team played every weekend) it'd probably be sensible to make sure that there's no split gameplay (and hence that every team plays the same number of games on 6.83 as every other team, and every team plays the same number of games on 6.84 as every other team).

But the IHL setup means that we can't ensure that anyway, and moreover the IHL admins have made clear that they're not willing to delay the games. So I don't really understand the continued complaining about it.

Like I said, I'm only answering people's clarifications at this point. I still hold my opinion on the matter.

DrPizza

Banned
I don't entirely disagree with Hylian, and if there were no rest weekends (i.e. every team played every weekend) it'd probably be sensible to make sure that there's no split gameplay (and hence that every team plays the same number of games on 6.83 as every other team, and every team plays the same number of games on 6.84 as every other team).

But the IHL setup means that we can't ensure that anyway, and moreover the IHL admins have made clear that they're not willing to delay the games. So I don't really understand the continued complaining about it.

kvk1

Captain, please.

We will play them on any patch.

Hell we will play them in any mode.

WE WILL PLAY THEM IN AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT VIDEO GAME.

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Day later, still mad at Techies buffs. Is this April Fools on Valve time?

Indignate

Hylian, did you consider any advantage some teams might get for postponing as well?

IHL wasn't meant to go on for an additional week so some players might not have accounted for that and thus we may get more forfeits in that last week if said players made post IHL party plans that they can't break.

advantage advantage advantage

Hylian7

Day later, still mad at Techies buffs. Is this April Fools on Valve time?

I think people really overestimate the hell out of this, especially the Aghanims bit.

The sign only hides mines in a 125 AoE, that's TINY. That's basically melee range. That means he can put bombs that you can't see under the sign in that one speck, where you CAN see the sign and know where not to be. This means you just have to be careful with positioning and you should be okay.

Hylian, did you consider any advantage some teams might get for postponing as well?

IHL wasn't meant to go on for an additional week so some players might not have accounted for that and thus we may get more forfeits in that last week if said players made post IHL party plans that they can't break.

advantage advantage advantage

That isn't related to the game at all though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom