• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=159112
Update 2
- Fixed and clarified many tooltips.
- Fixed Centaur Aghanims damage reduction not working.
- Fixed Rubick being permanently burrowed after losing the Burrow spell.
- Fixed Alchemist being able to cast Scepter on Meepo clones.
- Fixed crash related to Morphling's Hybrid ability.
- Added 2 more blasts to radial Deafening Blast.
- Fixed the knockback not being applied on non-radial Deafening Blast.
- Fixed Meepo not working with BoT level 2.
- Lotus Orb now works correctly when cast on illusions.
- Units who are in the reflected "channeling" state are now disarmed so they can't autoattack during the "channel".
- Unstable Concoction is now reflectable, and reflects the incoming stun duration.
- Reflected Invoker abilities now reflect the correct Quas/Wex/Exort level.
- Reflected Duel now credits double the reward for a winner. Previously no one received any rewards when reflected.
- The first bounce of Chain Frost and Paralyzing Cask can no longer cause a reflect.
- Fortune's End is now reflected (with an independent channel) when the projectile hits. Linken's also now procs on projectile hit rather than on cast.
- Spell Steal is no longer reflectable.
- Walrus Kick is now blockable with Linkins and reflectable.
- Boulder Smash is now properly reflected.
- Reality Rift, when reflected, now places the units at a random location between the two units.
- Fixed Guardian Greaves not giving mana when healing is disabled.
- Fixed Walrus Kick knockback not working while Walrus Punched.
- Fixed reflected particle effects drawing to the center of the map.
- Fixed Meepo clones not receiving Guardian Greaves.
- Fixed the first beam of Eclipse not working if cast in FoW.
- Blink Strike and Phantom Strike are now reflected after the blink happens, rather than before.
- Shared tangos can now eat enemy wards.
- Silver edge now applies the debuff when the attack lands.
- Fixed Rubick with Sanity's Eclipse and Scepter not applying Astral Imprisonment.

Hylian7

Yeah, this too.

I was thinking more support Naga, to be honest. Core Naga isn't as interesting or multifaceted, I think.

Learning not to panic in the middle of a team fight and smash your keyboard is definitely something you need to learn. You'll learn it fast with a giant ult that everyone notices. Additionally, it's not like these people who are totally new to dota are in ranked so why does it matter?

Sure, it is, but if you screw your team over and the game ends because of that, and the fact that you are likely with players as new as you are, it's not a good way to learn that. Something like Tidehunter is better. Song takes way too much coordination for a player that is still trying to learn the ropes of the game.

JC Sera

- Spell Steal is no longer reflectable.
The dream is over
cry.gif

SO looking forward to support naga, carry is too boring for me

Yeah, he got nerfed really really hard. Like TI2 morphling hard. I didn't think so at first, but losing pretty much all his extra vision, 15 base damage (effectively), AND getting his ulti cut down to 5s. The base damage nerf alone is pretty hard hitting.

? troll doesnt need a rework

We'll see, I was pretty wrong about troll last patch.

I suggest a rework because troll has always had issues. Chain bashing is a pretty hard thing to balance. I think especially with two new items/item changes that affect hit/miss that a lot of right click carry power might go down, plus the shadow blade upgrade reduces damage by quite a bit. I think the balance might shift back to non traditional carries. Also a lot of debuff removals make carries a little easier to kite.

Sure, it is, but if you screw your team over and the game ends because of that, and the fact that you are likely with players as new as you are, it's not a good way to learn that. Something like Tidehunter is better. Song takes way too much coordination for a player that is still trying to learn the ropes of the game.
I think you're vastly overestimating how much song can screw over total newbies. An organized team can capitalize off a bad song. A bunch of newbies just can't. Learning the ins and outs of skills like Song brings more game sense and knowledge to a new player than something like ravage which is totally faceroll.

DrPizza

Banned
I think you're vastly overestimating how much song can screw over total newbies. An organized team can capitalize off a bad song. A bunch of newbies just can't. Learning the ins and outs of skills like Song brings more game sense and knowledge to a new player than something like ravage which is totally faceroll.

Song can just waste spells. To really fuck over your teammates you need Chronosphere.

Song can just waste spells. To really fuck over your teammates you need Chronosphere.

yeah, that's a good example. Or on a less sizable scale, oracle disarm.

**Envy has a lot of good points. The more I hear from pros and managers the more convinced I am that Dota tournaments are run by particularly inept apes.

Taborcarn

There's some kind of ward exploit. Just had a game where the lone druid and riki on my team bought a bunch of wards and stayed in the fountain for the first few minutes, then walked out with Dagon 5, radiance, and upgraded BoTs.

6DrZ61j.jpg

Chris R

There's some kind of ward exploit. Just had a game where the lone druid and riki on my team bought a bunch of wards and stayed in the fountain for the first few minutes, then walked out with Dagon 5, radiance, and upgraded BoTs.

6DrZ61j.jpg

Post on reddit for that easy easy karma

edit: WTF at the match id...

Taborcarn

lol yeah they were laughing at how this wasn't even on Reddit yet.

Edit: yeah test client. The items aren't showing right, I had a wand, mango, and the new guardian boots.

JC Sera

third update
-Fixed Octarine Core triggering on self damage
-Fixed being able to skill Hurl Boulder from Mud Golems
-Assimilate and Eject now occupy the same slot and switch when cast.
-Assimilate now procs magic stick
-Fixed Pipe active stacking
-Fixed Multiple Octarine Cores having stacking lifesteal
-Shadow Blade and Silver Edge now share cooldowns
-Fixed Nature's Prophet Refresher Aghanims Scepter spawning too many treants
-Ward stacks are no longer disassemblable
-Fixed Shared Tango and ward interaction
-Fixed Shared ward combine interaction
-Fixed swapping ward type interrupting commands, invis, or channeling
-Updated last word effect
-Fixed Bot Builds being wrong
-Fixed some item icons being old item icons
-Heartstopper Aura no longer affects Roshan
-Fixed Pugna’s Aghs scepter not working on allies
-Fixed Batrider gaining flying vision during stampede
-Fixed Doomlings not having their cosmetics equipped
-Fixed Tiny illusions not transferring the aghanims buff from Alchemist

shira

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jch322sVdis&feature=youtu.be

EE talking about tournaments, looks like C9 aren't doing anymore Starladders in future

- ddos analogy - if I was getting robbed during a game is it my fault
facepalm.gif

- no private washrooms for players
facepalm.gif

- tobi, starladder got rekt
rage.gif

- rtz got fucking REKT
rage.gif

- really makes it feel like top teams are only going to play majors, RIP pro scene.

Bah, feel like I can't ask Secret stuff anymore - since we have reddit lurkers.
Ah well best of luck Summit + Red Bull, try not to get rekt.

Dahbomb

DOTA 2 is the greatest game that still gets played these days.

It's too bad I can't play DOTA 2 because if I play DOTA then I won't be able to play anything else.

I am so excited for 6.84... one of the most exciting and interesting patches for the game ever.

Zeth

Why does EE's voice make me want to stab myself in the eye?

cBj1LTf.png

The mic he has isn't even that bad. Someone should help him set it up properly. Or maybe his voice is just a naturally low bitrate.

Vade

109dota: HEY HYLIAN, IM TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY INVOKER. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX QUAS SO I CAN LOSE MID SLOWER, WEX SO I CAN RUN IN AND FEED FASTER, OR EXORT SO I CAN MISS LAST HITS LIKE YOU DO

bbd23

109dota: HEY HYLIAN, IM TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY INVOKER. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX QUAS SO I CAN LOSE MID SLOWER, WEX SO I CAN RUN IN AND FEED FASTER, OR EXORT SO I CAN MISS LAST HITS LIKE YOU DO

tears.gif

Calidor

ice cold

rexor0717

lmao
Oh shit new icons.
C6mHztl.gif

shira

lotus_orb_lg.png
need one of these IRL for all dese nukes

He never said how long it would take.

Also, parity patch for firefox dudes/dudettes. Check for updates under add-ons if you hate waiting.

nice-la

Sianos

decided to play one last game of troll to send off my princess, had the most 6.83 game possible

instapicked troll to say goodbye, bumped to mid by late pick tiny - cool, i'm up against sniper in the ultimate 1v1 for 6.83 dominance

killed him three times in lane, off to a great start, tony farming pretty well, techies getting those early kills

but meanwhile in the offlane, everyone's favorite slahsers way silencer is relentlessly feeding and nyx is doing idk what

then we take a few bad fights due to miscommunication (hey you have aegis go in and force fight, lol jk enjoying dying twice) and i stray too far from the path of hitting the creeps (also silencer redirects courier with bkb on it, i soon die to magic damage rip)

sniper gets his delicious comeback gold, does hoho haha things. their disables are too much and our 2v5 fighting duo is overwhelmed. game lost shortly after
yeah i played pretty poorly post laning stage too, can't just blame team barring techies who played well

i welcome 6.84 with open arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom