• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
I used their headsets for a while, they were OK but died hella fast. I'm still using my TI4 mouse! it's actually quite nice!

My 'p' key barely works

they asked for me to pay ~40CAD to ship them the board, with no reimbursement if the product is found defective.

comparably, ive gotten free replacements no questions asked from logitec and apple for products.

Arkanius

Guys, concerning Phantom Lancer:

I feel the jump from Difussal + Manta to Skadi takes such a long time and makes me vulnerable. I usually buy a casual Morbid Mask to later transform into a Satanic if the game goes super ultra late game.

Is there something I should do between Manta and Skadi?

I feel the jump from Difussal + Manta to Skadi takes such a long time and makes me vulnerable. I usually buy a casual Morbid Mask to later transform into a Satanic if the game goes super ultra late game.

Might as well get the full hotd, 20 damage and 5 armor is nice
With manta diffu you should be able to get some kills, he's really peaking around this time. Focus objectives and fights more than farming just creeps and skadi should come quick enough

Acinixys

give_diretide.gif

patch to client soon pls

give_diretide.gif

jlTyndx.jpg

kionedrik

Stop building Manta on him!!! Seriously. (unless the enemy has some kind of silence).

PL is a fighter now with some split pushing abilities, exactly the opposite of what he once was. After diffusal get some sort of tank that will allow you to fight like Skadi, HoT, SnY, Satanic or even a BKB if it's really necessary. This is what worked for me in 6.83

Arkanius

Stop building Manta on him!!! Seriously. (unless the enemy has some kind of silence).

PL is a fighter now with some split pushing abilities, exactly the opposite of what he once was. After diffusal get some sort of tank that will allow you to fight like Skadi, HoT, SnY, Satanic or even a BKB if it's really necessary. This is what worked for me in 6.83

Manta gives him a great Agility increase + 2 illusions that will spam lot's of extra illusions quickly.
And most of the time there is silence in the game.

But I'll try avoiding Manta in a few games and see how it goes.

Where do you usually lane him? You should be able to at least get a Yasha up pretty quickly and from there it's not a great leap to manta or diffusal. Stay in lanes when you can and use the illusions to push out past the river and pressure the enemy team. It's very easy to farm lane waves without taking damage. If jungling do some simple micro to switch up aggro. You shouldn't really need lifesteal, 900g is a good chunk of your first major items. Quelling blade is great for getting the first 2-3 big items (not sure if it will be as great with the changes).

Even with just boots/RoA/yasha up you should be moving around to kill anyone who tries it on your side of the map. Spam Q like crazy and be an annoyance while they don't have the tools to kill you.

Also skip Vlads and heart, buy basher. Basher every game. Basher good item. Basher before Skadi even. And Manta is great for the reasons above; it also gives you some more stable illusions to have fun with.

kionedrik

Manta gives him a great Agility increase + 2 illusions that will spam lot's of extra illusions quickly.
And most of the time there is silence in the game.

But I'll try avoiding Manta in a few games and see how it goes.

I experimented a lot with him in 6.83, mostly because he could go 1v1 with troll and come out on top.

The builds that worked better for me were:
Treads - Vlads - Diffusal - Skadi
Treads - Aquila - HoD - Diffusal - Satanic

After that everything is fair game honestly. I didn't want to sound like you should never pick up Manta, I'm simply convinced that picking it up before you're tanky in anyway is a mistake in his current state, unless there are extraordinary circumstances like orchid Storm or QoP.

Alch with greevil's greed is a non factor :p So you need to be 3 or 4 on one rune. No way one hero secures the other rune for the time it takes alch to reach it

What items swapped positions again? I think Orb of Venom is at the base shop now.
RoH/void stone are at base
Ult orb is at SS
edit :
Moved Ring of Health, Voidstone and Orb of Venom from Secret Shop to the Base
Moved Platemail, Talisman of Evasion and Ultimate Orb from the Base to the Secret Shop
Added Voidstone and Mantle of Intelligence to Side Shop

I'm still baffled that Undying got nerfed and Beastmaster got buffed. Only 2 heroes that I didn't understand the changes on.
BM needed some buff.
Undying was hardly nerfed though. 30 HP or one hit is pretty much the same

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I think test will push to main on thursday... soo friday my time. thats another 35 hours away at least.

Sometimes if its very buggy they push it on fridays. Matt will remember the trends better than me though.

What 4 heroes are you picking that can win both rune fights and defend long enough for alch to arive at the second rune? AA, Gyro, Rubick, Magnus?

techies
bane
sniper
undying

Emoticon_horse.gif

Thanks. I wouldn't mind having the entirety of Skadi at the secret shop but I guess that would be a bit of a problem.
Eh, entire item at the SS is alright, entire item at base shop is more problematic imo

Tieske

Neo Member
I'm still baffled that Undying got nerfed and Beastmaster got buffed. Only 2 heroes that I didn't understand the changes on.

Undy was pretty much unchanged; soul rip being 1 dmg instance I consider more of a fix and it doesnt really matter since zombies do enough seperate dmg instances anyway

and that targeting thingie just means you cant misclick to heal zombies

Undy was pretty much unchanged; soul rip being 1 dmg instance I consider more of a fix and it doesnt really matter since zombies do enough seperate dmg instances anyway

and that targeting thingie just means you cant misclick to heal zombies
The targeting thing is whatever

But he's specifically nerfed against TA(and other heroes that matters for?), he can't instantly remove refraction anymore.

They're not huge nerfs but I was expecting minor buffs instead. Lots of heroes got buffed and he got a minor nerf.

More like a super minor TA buff then. Even then the zombies will fuck her shield up lol
Undying was indirectly buffed with the game being a bit more early/mid focused.

edit : my bad, typing too fast

Sianos

Regarding the changed quelling blade, does it still work with damage from attribute bonuses? It just doesn't take raw damage from +damage items into account, right?

Tieske

Neo Member
The targeting thing is whatever

But he's specifically nerfed against TA(and other heroes that matters for?), he can't instantly remove refraction anymore.

They're not huge nerfs but I was expecting minor buffs instead. Lots of heroes got buffed and he got a minor nerf.

he did get a minor buff though
zombies arent useless as hell against bristle or alch for example. incredibly minor stuff

and I dont think he needs buffs, he's been getting picked here and there already right now

yarden24

109dota: HEY HYLIAN, IM TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY INVOKER. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX QUAS SO I CAN LOSE MID SLOWER, WEX SO I CAN RUN IN AND FEED FASTER, OR EXORT SO I CAN MISS LAST HITS LIKE YOU DO

this was posted a couple pages ago, but holy shit, what is wrong with everyone with the constant fucking bullying of hylian?
what is this high school and you are happy you aren't the ones being bullied?

its disgusting, grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom