• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaex

No model rework vote this year.
mayatomr_laugh.gif

Poor Zeus.

Clawww

man, finally built Octarine during a stomp

on Queen: 34 sec CD on BoTs, 12 sec linken cd, 4.5 sec blink.

Can't even imagine throwing out an aghs ult every 30 seconds and getting healed off it

Zeknurn

I think I'm a bit disappointed that we are just told which hero the announcer is for instead of it being a community vote (Plus, we don't even got an alternative voice to go with it), and last year did see the implementation of 3 new features though stretch goals (Emoticons, Weather, New Voices), while this year we are only getting a 1 new feature (Ground texture).

Maybe Valve is pretty sure its going to break 15 Million and has more up their sleeve.

Oh, and one of the taunts is Zeus jumping up high, so it most likely is going to be a homage to Mario, which is cool.

I think the lack of new features in the stretch goals is because the two guys still working on Dota 2 have been busy with the Source 2 port.

But yeah we could hope that they have done the math to know it will break 15 million and there's something interesting above it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Axe already has an immortal, that's why I'm salty about it, that and I don't care about Axe. In hindsight last year's also weren't that good but I'm still disappointed with the new ones.

Axe is soon going to have an entire Immortal Set. He has a helmet and some armor, and even an Immortal Pet. Now he is going to get an immortal Axe, all he needs now is some Immortal Misc and Belt items.

I think the lack of new features in the stretch goals is because the two guys still working on Dota 2 have been busy with the Source 2 port.

But yeah we could hope that they have done the math to know it will break 15 million and there's something interesting above it.

wonder if they'd showcase source 2 at TI. it must be getting close to done, right? Maybe they'll showcase the full release of custom games?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For a new page, this is likely the first chest:
One of the Golden item variations is a Luna Shield. Actually, there is icons for 8 immortal items in the schema, so I'm guessing these will be our first 8 items.

Luna Shield (Custom Lucent Beam)
Huskar helm of the Dominator (Custom Life Break, and likely custom shop icon)
Spirit Breaker Weapon (Custom Charge particles)
Magnus Weapon (Custom Shockwave particle)
Nightstalker item (Custom Void effect)
Pugna Nether Ward (It will also give him cool glowing eyes)
Crown for Sand King (Custom Burrow Strike effect)
Golden Luna Shield (Golden Lucent Beam likely)

If these 8 are the chest, my bet is the Night Stalker item is the "Rare" bonus item. He has particles all over with it.

Zeknurn

wonder if they'd showcase source 2 at TI. it must be getting close to done, right? Maybe they'll showcase the full release of custom games?

Well they did say early 2015 for a major update to Dota 2, which should be around May-June when taking Valve Time into consideration. I think we will see them update the Test client when 6.84 has somewhat stabilized.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah, so ursa is ridiculously overpowered in pubs. His ulti needs to scale more; right now you can just leave it at 1 and max all ur other skills. Something like 25/50/75% damage reduction and 3/4/5s duration should bring him back down to the earth where I can spam pick him without feeling like a scummy piece of shit.

so how much you guys think the prize pool is going to reach this year?

14 million is my guess. I think 15 is optimistic. I wouldn't be surprised by as little as 10.
Yeah, so ursa is ridiculously overpowered in pubs. His ulti needs to scale more; right now you can just leave it at 1 and max all ur other skills. Something like 25/50/75% damage reduction and 3/4/5s duration should bring him back down to the earth where I can spam pick him without feeling like a scummy piece of shit.
No kidding. Dunno how to deal with it. He's really strong right up until the enemy team is totally six slotted and there's just no way they turtle the game that long in this patch vs ursa.

Kard8p3

Ya. I feel this. my team was getting shit on, was like 2-15 or something. I just ran into the enemy team with my ulti popped and took jugg ulti, black hole, and walrus punch and then got like a triple kill. I killed a dusa in like 4 hits when she had mana shield up LOL

Of course I am in potato skill bracket, so that probably says something about it as well.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
No kidding. Dunno how to deal with it. He's really strong right up until the enemy team is totally six slotted and there's just no way they turtle the game that long in this patch vs ursa.

He still has pretty much all of his old weaknesses, he's just an absolute terror for disorganized pubs because he's just better at one shotting a hero now and can live for 4s longer.

Ghost scepters, force staves, euls, etc... still screw him over though. Same old weaknesses. He's still very much susceptible to kiting and will go down quickly to nukes and ranged heroes (outside of his 4s ultimate which he usually uses to burst someone down anyway--so he won't usually use it defensively).

Bokr shhh. I don't want Ursa to get nerfed. He's so much fun. I mean look at how fast rosh dies. http://gfycat.com/GenuineColossalGoldfinch

Bro when a hero has 60%+ winrate he always gets nerfed or reworked slightly; I don't think there have ever been exceptions to that in the last 3-4 years of dota balancing. Now we just hope the nerfs are tolerable and don't screw with the current playstyle of the hero (which is insanely fun). The new ultimate is pretty much perfect, it makes Ursa that much better at his niche and it's fairly unique (which is always more fun)--it just needs to scale more. Right now it feels like a level 16 ultimate at level 6.

He still has pretty much all of his old weaknesses, he's just an absolute terror for disorganized pubs because he's just better at one shotting a hero now and can live for 4s longer.

Ghost scepters, force staves, euls, etc... still screw him over though. Same old weaknesses. He's still very much susceptible to kiting and will go down quickly to nukes and ranged heroes (outside of his 4s ultimate which he usually uses to burst someone down anyway--so he won't usually use it defensively).
when he's in a comp with some strong control abilities I don't think kiting is enough, tbh. Honestly think he's broken.

That said, I fucking suck at this video game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ah yes, just sold my radiance for 25 bucks. alchemist is the new hot shit.

Despite him having the worst winrate in the game still. I think there is real compeitive potential for his scepter ability though, you can greatly accelerate the farm of another core with it, like say Tiny, who could rush Manta/Moonshard and have Alch buy him a scepter. I wonder if there is any sort of super fast push strat that Alch could help promote. Maybe super fast scepter SS wards or Chen Scepter.

JambiBum

Bro when a hero has 60%+ winrate he always gets nerfed or reworked slightly; I don't think there have ever been exceptions to that in the last 3-4 years of dota balancing. Now we just hope the nerfs are tolerable and don't screw with the current playstyle of the hero (which is insanely fun). The new ultimate is pretty much perfect, it makes Ursa that much better at his niche and it's fairly unique (which is always more fun)--it just needs to scale more. Right now it feels like a level 16 ultimate at level 6.

Nah I know he needs reworked somehow. In the few pubs I've played with him today I've absolutely destroyed teams. It doesn't matter if I lane him or stick him in the jungle, once I hit 6 I can just walk out and destroy pretty much anyone. I just hope that he doesn't get hit too hard because he's a lot of fun right now. Watching heroes (and rosh) melt in 1-3 hits without any kind of crit is the best.

Satch

Banned
im crying, this patch....................................................................

i even got to slay as dragon knight, like am i dreaming or what

i feel so ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have slain two snipers today while playing leshrac and it has been just such utter pleasure!!!!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Queued AP against Techies, dunno why I would think I would get to enjoy some of the patch.
Veil Zeus + Ogre against PL is not a smart draft pick.
I think I'm a bit disappointed that we are just told which hero the announcer is for instead of it being a community vote
YOU WAN IEH?

Despite him having the worst winrate in the game still. I think there is real compeitive potential for his scepter ability though, you can greatly accelerate the farm of another core with it, like say Tiny, who could rush Manta/Moonshard and have Alch buy him a scepter.
Just lots of players playing him wrong right now, whenever pick rate skyrockets like this winrate usually does the opposite. Might take a while before people know how to play him though, there's lots of things you can do with the hero.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nah I know he needs reworked somehow. In the few pubs I've played with him today I've absolutely destroyed teams. It doesn't matter if I lane him or stick him in the jungle, once I hit 6 I can just walk out and destroy pretty much anyone. I just hope that he doesn't get hit too hard because he's a lot of fun right now. Watching heroes (and rosh) melt in 1-3 hits without any kind of crit is the best.

I don't know, when I played the Test in house kiting was a huge issue, I could bearly get close enough to hit anyone. Maybe they could just nuke his move speed to like 290.

Conceptor

im crying, this patch....................................................................

i feel so ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have slain two snipers today while playing leshrac and it has been just such utter pleasure!!!!
your enthusiasm is giving me life

are we ever going to get base building from our last compendium????

who should i abuse this patch

Ties

Banned

iconic

the new patch is probably better than the avengers 2. im ready to DELVE

JambiBum

I don't know, when I played the Test in house kiting was a huge issue, I could bearly get close enough to hit anyone.

If you couldn't kite him then he would basically be unstoppable now. If you manage to get enough space to farm a silver edge or blink semi quickly though, no one can really handle you early. From there you just snowball out of control by ganking and taking rosh whenever he's up. With your ult up you take basically no damage and people don't know what to do for those few seconds. If he stays this way and doesn't get hit by a nerf too hard then he will easily become one of my favorite heroes for this patch.

ahh yes it wouldn't be dota without queing with a four stack to end the evening

and enduring 40 minutes of being called a faggot and a cock muncher for absolutely no reason. we were winning.

then team decides to go full retard and all four chat harass me, weaver gets rekt while typing as does PA, other team GG pushes mid and wins.

fix this shit valve, ban four stacks

yes

CD5toZIWYAAG6xs.jpg

epeen measuring time
more like "my lifes so shit i donno what to do with my money" measure time
Emoticon_horse.gif

BHK3

Banned
I feel like I'm gonna get even less immortals than I did last year :/ I never got all the items despite being level 70~ or so. I did A LOT of trading and shit like that too to even get that far, hope the immortals aren't too amazing ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom