• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched EE streams recently. Enjoy the random comment blurts and just trying to figure out what the hell he is talking about. The mini rages are fun to watch as well.

It's not like I'm watching him stream to win or learn, just for when things go wrong.

DrPizza

Banned
EE just destroyed all his items and started feeding again.

Watching Cloud 9 throw and lose winnable games warms the cockles of my heart.

EE streams are quality entertainment, that's why I watch him, not because of his skills but for the hilarious moments he is able to bring.

LMAO he just got kicked from lobby.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
regardless of whether this is the 'deathball meta' patch, deathball is very popular right now

so

how does one deal with deathball?

Sianos

current meta is kotl + someone with a spammable spell (+ bonus aggro trilaner for maximum fun) sitting in the offlane and spamming spells on you for 10 minutes

they romp through my jungle and don't even farm it properly, its ruining my feng shui and zen and such
96NlOxh.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
regardless of whether this is the 'deathball meta' patch, deathball is very popular right now

so

Heroes that can spam nukes can help slow pushes, and high mobility heroes can farm safely around the map. As long as you don't lose your base you should just out farm a death ball.

Undying is really good for defending right now.

DrPizza

Banned

so

Watch the TI4 finals.

Ganks to stop the pushers getting levels, wave clear to stop pushes when they happen, better scaling, better mobility to take advantage of the lanes they're leaving unfarmed, decent pushers of your own to make sure that their pushes end up as even trades.

Pratfall

current meta is kotl + someone with a spammable spell (+ bonus aggro trilaner for maximum fun) sitting in the offlane and spamming spells on you for 10 minutes

they romp through my jungle and don't even farm it properly, its ruining my feng shui and zen and such
96NlOxh.gif

you should see if spamming troll still works
wink.gif

Wat. I don't think I or anyone wants to be like EE. At most I might learn to be a better player from him, but then even that is debatable seeing how often he just descends into garbage.

He's the guy who always builds teams around himself and drafts around his heroes and blames everyone else for anything that goes wrong, plus he complains and acts like a petulant child and also likes creepy weeaboo shit. He's the pro player the DOTA community identifies the most strongly with.

Mordeccai

wow support riki is fun as hell, turn speed reduction makes him such a pain in the ass. I just now played it for the first time.

enemy lane bought sentries? fuck it, you dont need farm, only need 3 or 4 levels, leave the lane and go cause chaos else where.

then when you're done go fuck with the jungler, ward the entire place up, and let your team do all the heavy lifting.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1448423543

shut their tinker down so hard lmao. get rekt with the zeus counterpick!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
After doing some napkin math, I think RoP will give actually give more damage reduction then Stout shield vs heroes.

Haunted

re: invite predictions - I just can't imagine Valve inviting Virtus Pro or RAVE over Navi/Alliance/Newbee. These are previous champion teams.

Haunted

Despite saying that, I actually have RAVE in my predictions as the second SEA invite but can't decide between the three champions for the very last spot.

My OCD wants to pick another NA team so the invites are somewhat balanced by region, but they're all trash. If Tinker would've kept their lineup from the beginning of the year, they'd be a possible pick, but not like this.

I don't think they give a damn about past champs now that teams have switched up members so damn much. I think from now on they're just going to invite the past champ and that's it, also I think the winners of the seasonal cups get an auto invite from this point on.

I hope they introduce some kind of point system like how Capcom does for SFIV so it's all transparent and teams know exactly how well they have to do instead of feeling forced to enter every single tournament and we get 5 billion games a month.

Haunted

I'd prefer a transparent point system, but that might interfere with Valve's insistence on roster stability.

Are they going to detract points if someone leaves a team?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I can make a chart that will show at what damage amounts and armor stout/RoP is better when I get home.

Artanisix

winter wyvern: queen bitch of long-range harass and support. can freeze your friends and make them immune to physical damage. can make enemies whack eachother with sticks

phoenix: caaw caaw muthafucka. aoe damage and teamfight control. she flies around and spreads her flamey dot damage on anyone, and shoots her babies out to make everyone attack as slow as tiny. she can also shoot laserbeams that heal your team. she turns into an egg dealing big teamfight damage, coming back to life at 100% hp/mana and stunning everyone at the end. also resets your cds.

oracle: i went back in time and fukt ur mum hero. has a purge that roots. can hurt... or heal! with his nuke. it hurts first, but then heals for more than it hurt over time. he can also place a cute binding thingie that won't let you attack but makes you immune to magic damage. his ulti is like if you had an abaddon on -wtf mode spamming aphotic shield on you, preventing all damage taken and repeatedly cleansing you of debuffs, except at the end of it you take whatever damage you were dealt. oh also all healing is amplified while you're being ulti'd by oracle

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
See this is why Leeg hero design works.

"Whats this new hero?"
"Tanky brawler who burrows and tunnels around the map"

Boom.

Shinypogs

Listening to this EE stream I want to hug him and then send him to a psychiatrist. He sounds so conflicted and bounces constantly between a sort of hyper optimism or self deprecation or some sort of barely contained distress. I don't think all his behavior is good nor that the shit he does to teammates in pubs or the pro scene should be condoned but I also genuinely worry about his mental health. Does he often do these little rambly Q&A sessions?

Trickster

How do I get access to the Emoticon packs and Portfolio of Heroes Envisioned things from the compendium? They should be unlocked according to the compendium itself. But they are not in my armory like the immortal items and prediction coins were?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I made a table to help deciding when to get RoP over a Stout on a Melee character. X is your natural armor, Y is the expected damage to take.

RopVSSSTable.jpg

Green dots are when Stout is better, red is when RoP is better. The absolute value of the number is how much tanker you are with one vs the other. Like if you have 1 armor and the enemy does 100 damage, you will have 11% more EHP with RoP over Stout. But if you got like say 4 armor vs CM who does like 40 damage at early levels, you will have 27% more EHP with stout over RoP.

The big take away is stout is still far better if you plan on taking lane creeps, but RoP becomes the better choice after a few levels or early game items, and will scale far better into the late game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom