• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

when do we get the next compendium rewards?
TtQKxEi.gif
8-11 minutes after they send the patch

Looks like Rave is in
637x358.resizedimage

I'm a bit upset we didn't get our Emoticons tonight. Maybe Wednesday when we hit the taunt treasure goal.

Copy pasting the squares is fine

Trickster

^ Could you explain why that means RAVE is in?

Edit - On different note, what's a good item order for Spectre as a noob? I know Radiance is apparently a good item, but no idea when I should get, or what to get before/after

Haunted

I actually don't like these pets. armadillos and CM's wolf. I think they go beyond just cosmetics and could potentially impact the game itself. They're distracting and I can see them causing errors or at least delayed reactions when targeting spells.

They're nice models and all, but I think they're too much.

Ok guys I have a problem. in a moment of rage after a losing streak I deleted Dota 2 from my steam. now I want to re-download it and when ever the game is at 89% the download suddenly stops. is there anyway to fix this?

i tried these steps but none of them work: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=63459

help me guys,i made a big mistake :/
If that all didn't help... a last ditch effort would be to reinstall Steam completely, I suppose.

back up games and saves
delete everything in your steam folder except steam.exe
run steam.exe
restore games and saves

at least that's how we used to do it, not sure if that procedure has changed

Mohasus

thanks frog best patch ever

PfYNAy5.png

I don't play mid, so lina = supp and qop = off
maybe i'll go back to 4.8k this patch

ps: alch is still shit, don't pick him

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Envy is really happy with his current team it sound like, I guess this year is his best shot if he goes into TI5 with a good attitude.

Low Tier
Hi, 3k player here who reported hylian. Hylian was our position 2 invoker. He built a midas and had around 3 teleportation scrolls in his inventory. He would sunstrike melee creeps in the middle of a fight, use his midas, invoke ghost walk, and proceeded to yell "HYLIAN'S WAY". We gave him position 2 farm so he could be a position 5. His unorthodox play style lost us the game.

Haunted

I'm just happy Undying will finally get his well deserved arcana because the community has seen the light and doesn't choose garbage.

right guys?

right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Newbee is still 4/5 of the TI4 version. I say just invite them and let them get stomped, most likely the majors going forward will auto invite the top placing teams from major to major anyway.

shira

So Envy is really happy with his current team it sound like, I guess this year is his best shot if he goes into TI5 with a good attitude.

I doubt it, he'll probably bitch about the chairs being to soft or some bullshit.

Hi, 3k player here who reported hylian. Hylian was our position 2 invoker. He built a midas and had around 3 teleportation scrolls in his inventory. He would sunstrike melee creeps in the middle of a fight, use his midas, invoke ghost walk, and proceeded to yell "HYLIAN'S WAY". We gave him position 2 farm so he could be a position 5. His unorthodox play style lost us the game.

facepalm.gif

Newbee is still 4/5 of the TI4 version. I say just invite them and let them get stomped, most likely the majors going forward will auto invite the top placing teams from major to major anyway.
3/5

REDBULL BGROUNDS
t1430852400z4.png

Nice format. OMFG this LAN is a joke

- Each team has three lives and take turns selecting an opponent
- One loss equals one life lost
- A win means you get to keep your life and earn $1500 per life taken from other teams
- Each team can has the opportunity to redirect only one challenge, so they better use it wisely
- Play continues until only two teams have lives left
Those two teams will be finalists playing on stage at the Warfield for the Grand Finals on May 10th

but then again, im starting to doubt newbee....... they're not really the same team as before, are they

Honestly I don't want Newbee to be invited. they're not good. Certainly not deserving of a direct invite to the biggest tournament in dota. But they'll get invited cause they're last year's champ.

Big Dog

Just raged ultra hard for the first time in a while. I HATE playing matches with a 4 stack that I am not with under any circumstances (I also do no queue as a 4 stack). Ruins the game for me.

DrPizza

Banned
I love how what is in practice a very minor buff to Gyro seems to have made people notice that he's actually something of a power house.

shira

With one stun or slow you can reliably get the entire payload off

Think it was the highest damage skill at level 1 for a long time. it just got even better. crazy.
heartstopper is infinite, ion shell is 750 magical, suicide squad is 500 physical, mines are 300 physical

With one stun or slow you can reliably get the entire payload off

heartstopper is infinite, ion shell is 750 magical, suicide squad is 500 physical, mines are 300 physical
okay, so it's the highest damage skill at level 1 without a catch. Think everyone knew what I was getting at.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
See Lesh, it took a ton of buffs to get him back to where he was before diabolic edict's cast time nerf. Being able to use a spell while chasing someone is really big, especially ones that are based on position.

See Lesh, it took a ton of buffs to get him back to where he was before diabolic edict's cast time nerf. Being able to use a spell while chasing someone is really big, especially ones that are based on position.
Yup. Rubick's play making ability with stolen spells also goes to show how significant cast point is.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The Red Bull HQ is insane.
Yeah it's pretty chill. Ask if you can skate on the ramp!
hide.gif

I was surprised how open it was for WCS AM*, just some dude to let us in.
Now I want to sneak over and say hi.
If you are around tomorrow go hit up a ramen place (Tsujita LA is a good one)

It was a minor buff. It was already a huge level 1 skill. Slahser's Way for Gyro (https://youtu.be/B9CaamWgL_A) shows just how potent Rocket Barrage is. The cast point buff gives a small improvement to chasing, but the issue was always the randomness (hitting creeps) rather than cast point.
The cast point change was massive. Gyro's ability to chase early is massively buffed, his ability to chase while dealing damage is massively buffed. The best part is it buffs his late game significantly you now don't have to choose between using an auto attack and using rocket barrage in late game team fights.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This is something I really wish they would fix for Dota 2, that they never have. Basically, the issue is that in many cases, pressing buttons manually is actually faster than shift queueing them. One example in particular is March > Rearm.

Left is shift queued, right is without shift queueing. I apologize for the half-assed editing.

Shift Queue waits for backswing to finish, I feel Valve may leave it in intentionally to ensure you can't make single button scripts too easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom