• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

ok can someone explain how to join/play this bloom event?

I tried to join last night but the servers crapped out on me and I went to sleep.

Edit: WTH..I'm clicking on Year Beast Brawl and it won't let me join. Is this like a group only thing?

PhaZZe

Banned
CURRENT PLAYERS 1,075,464
PEAK TODAY 1,075,464

now up but the button doesn’t work, and now down again, wtf :(

now searching, only 2 min left

BraXzy

Ooh new thread. Not had chance to play Year Beast yet.. is it any good? I'm probably never going to actually catch it though -.-

Wok

I win all my year beast games. The last one was crazy, with people going in a base race around minute 10.

QnrXysZ.png

Look what I own now: a goat.

ccUnJNf.png

Darklord

Banned
Is there somewhere I can view previous major patch changes? I haven't played in a few months and I want to see what's been changed with the characters I play.

Wok

Is there somewhere I can view previous major patch changes? I haven't played in a few months and I want to see what's been changed with the characters I play.

Go look at the bottom of the wiki page of the heroes you play.

ink4n3

Omni and Tree are pretty good in year beast. Just heal and repel constantly. Any other strats working well for people?

horse.gif

Jadax

Just played as wr - shackle/ulti op

Heals seem to be the winner (omni, dazzle)

Ranged dmg also owning (sniper/wr)

Indignate

I've taken Death Prophet mid for three games and have done one with Natures Prophet. My friends have just been picking whatever pushing/deathballing heroes they want. Haven't lost one yet.

It helps that we've played in every single one so far and most people don't know what they're doing yet.

Jesus that Year Beast game I just played was game of misplays by everyone. Everyone just played so badly including me massive throw anyway

WOW I have seen 3 Arcana drops since the event started, lots of mythical stuff as well, can't wait till people start complaining about how all their items are now basically worthless.

Pratfall

haha, i love these events if only to see people in this thread complain about how much the modes suck but then queuing for them anyway because they want hats so badly.

also guaranteed there will be complaints that the drop system is now TOO generous.

haha, i love these events if only to see people in this thread complain about how much the modes suck but then queuing for them anyway because they want hats so badly.

also guaranteed there will be complaints that the drop system is now TOO generous.

most of the complaints are about NOT being able to play it because the server issues/disconnects not about the game mode itself.

Deadly

I actually do think the drop system seems abit too generous now. I think I've seen drops every other game since the new patch and they were mythical/legendary. Most of the time it was sets too. That accumulates to alot of items being giving out there overall.

Personally, I don't care because I don't buy hats at all but I can see an uproar coming from hat collectors.

Which is fine, since now you can't make profit out of it.

RIP STEAMBUXS

Got a drop the other night before the event officially started. Figures it's shoulders for Chen, but it's better than what I received for the last 6 months. Disappointed you can't sell them though. I like selling useless stuff for a few cents so I can buy cheap loading screens or announcer packs. I understand the market was flooded but there was still a market for that crap. Kinda like dollar stores, they sell cheap items.

I swear Valve keeps doing events and updates when Blizzard updates Diablo. I want to say this is the third time they have updated or released an event at the same time. I want to play both but from what I'm reading only D3 is functioning properly at the moment.

I think the only downside to items flooding the market is if it has a downward influence on direct cosmetic sales from the store, because that would hurt the livelihoods of the original makers.

I don't think a lot of people will be able to gather sympathy for speculators and collectors

Quesa

I think the only downside to items flooding the market is if it has a downward influence on direct cosmetic sales from the store, because that would hurt the livelihoods of the original makers.

I don't think a lot of people will be able to gather sympathy for speculators and collectors
Yeah. Don't care if its not marketable.

Pratfall

what prismatic gem has the best cool look to price ratio for couriers, thinking of tricking out my shagbark on the cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom