• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Blink is core as shit on her. Good initiations wins game. The biggest problem of this hero is the laning phase that sucks donkey dicks

I think her lane is pretty good. Sniper and I were up against a solo axe the other day and you know how badly those turn out. But I bullied him out with my Q, taking out 30% of his HP every cooldown and he couldn't do shit. If he tried to lane cut he would've died. So he spent the entire laning phase sitting next to his tower.

Right now I'm sticking with a Q-W-E-W-W build but I might try a Q first build if I see another solo laner. I can see her doing a good job bullying Dark Seer.

I rather play with russians than english. whinest players on the fucking planet.

Apparently, you haven't run into Germans yet. Their accent is easy to spot and whenever I realize I'm in a game with a fellow whiny German player, I just continue talking English hoping he won't recognize I'm German.

For some reason, I enjoy Russian whining way more.

ViviOggi

Apparently, you haven't run into Germans yet. Their accent is easy to spot and whenever I realize I'm in a game with a fellow whiny German player, I just continue talking English hoping he won't recognize I'm German.

For some reason, I enjoy Russian whining way more.
Aren't you a proud compulsive flamer yourself

But yes fellow random internet Germans tend to be the worst

JambiBum

I think her lane is pretty good. Sniper and I were up against a solo axe the other day and you know how badly those turn out. But I bullied him out with my Q, taking out 30% of his HP every cooldown and he couldn't do shit. If he tried to lane cut he would've died. So he spent the entire laning phase sitting next to his tower.

Right now I'm sticking with a Q-W-E-W-W build but I might try a Q first build if I see another solo laner. I can see her doing a good job bullying Dark Seer.

That's the build that I use except depending on the lane I'll switch out W and Q for the first level. Once you know the range required the W is just too strong. She's becoming one of my favorite heroes already because she can be used in so many situations.

52club

I hope they thought this event was a good way to test the network, otherwise this thing is clusterfuck. Why not just let people have the ability to play the mode a certain number of times a day.

Servers crapping out again, I was in a party and the match was ready but I couldn't even press the "Accept" button, now I'm restricted from matchmaking for 30 mins.... THANK YOU VOLVO.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The new pathing seems pretty bad, I already noticed two weird ass issues yesterday.

1) Radiant trees by the old easy camp (aka closest camp to radiant mid). If you are on one side of these trees and click to path to the other, if there is a hero ANYWHERE near the other side, it will usually path you halfway through the trees, then turn you around, maybe path you around the trees but more likely back through the trees because the other hero moved an inch, and then back out. This is all with the other hero nowhere near blocking the little tree pathway, but the game reads it like they are. That one spot is fucking horrible.

2) I encountered a really weird pathing bug with Drow when orb walking a Tide. Every so often, my hero would do that weird ass slow down/vibrate (in the middle of the lane) thing that happens when you try to circle chase a hero around a tower--you're hero starts to twitch and your MS slows the hell down--I know everyone has lost kills this way when trying to tower dive and playing ring around the rosy with the other hero. But anyway, so you learn to never circle around a tower, but this shit just happened in the middle of a goddam lane.

I'm sure there are other weird spots like the first, but seems like the new pathing has introduced a few very glaring issues.

The new pathing seems pretty bad, I already noticed two weird ass issues yesterday.

1) Radiant trees by the old easy camp (aka closest camp to radiant mid). If you are on one side of these trees and click to path to the other, if there is a hero ANYWHERE near the other side, it will usually path you halfway through the trees, then turn you around, maybe path you around the trees but more likely back through the trees because the other hero moved an inch, and then back out. This is all with the other hero nowhere near blocking the little tree pathway, but the game reads it like they are. That one spot is fucking horrible.

2) I encountered a really weird pathing bug with Drow when orb walking a Tide. Every so often, my hero would do that weird ass slow down/vibrate (in the middle of the lane) thing that happens when you try to circle chase a hero around a tower--you're hero starts to twitch and your MS slows the hell down--I know everyone has lost kills this way when trying to tower dive and playing ring around the rosy with the other hero. But anyway, so you learn to never circle around a tower, but this shit just happened in the middle of a goddam lane.

I'm sure there are other weird spots like the first, but seems like the new pathing has introduced a few very glaring issues.

Yeah I noticed that too. the second one happens when attacking even without orb walking.
http://gfycat.com/SickImmaculateHanumanmonkey
http://gfycat.com/WholeIdenticalAmericanbulldog

Randdalf

Let's just go back to A*, boys. At least it's bad in predictable ways.

I saw somebody complaining on Reddit that the path finding didn't take the same route between two different spots depending on where you started. Welcome to using heuristics >_<

Wok

so whats the beastest synergy for the beast event?

My 4 attemps at Year Beast so far:
VM6c9h9.png

Jadax

Worst. Game. Ever.

Got into a game with a 4-stack who thought they knew the shit. Pick bat/brood/undying/new hero - from min. 1 the noobs are voice-chatting strats etc. whilst feeding to sniper.

Beasts spawn, and sniper rapes everyone. EVERYONE.

On top of that, I got reported for not voice-chatting, because apparently that was detrimental to the team strategy.

DrPizza

Banned
3 Beast games, 3 victories, 3 sets. Bounty Hunter, Morphling, and uhhh, I don't remember the first one.

It's frustrating. I think that there's a fun idea here, but the way they've implemented it is just so fucking stupid.

Jadax

Anyone recommend heroes highly for the event? I keep seeing lycan doing amazing (for the pushes/howl I assume).

But anything else?

Wok

I said WOW. That was a really good montage.

PSA
Year Beast staring in 1:20 minutes from now

You mean in 1 hour 20 minutes.

Anyone recommend heroes highly for the event? I keep seeing lycan doing amazing (for the pushes/howl I assume).

But anything else?

I think the key idea to have in mind is that the game is going to be really short, so you don't want to pick some late game stuff. Just something which can push fast, has nice auras, or something which can win teamfights early to mid game.

A set of racks shall be taken by minute 25.

shira

Beyond DAC2015

Valve should hire Dan and Ryan to do content at TI5. Love their vids.

I turned off the audio and it's pretty poorly done. Basically walking around the area throwaway footage. Ideally there should be a progression between the highs and the lows, it's all just highs and hype. Cloud9 throwing BG getting eliminated and comparisions between the highs. There's no context all you see is people going ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Valve had their own camera crews getting TI footage didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom