• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Valve just lowered the price of the points, gave Arcana owners more points, and let people get more points from recycling.

Wok

So Valve just lowered the price of the points, gave Arcana owners more points, and let people get more points from recycling.

Nice move! So I earned 4800 points in total thanks to the Arcana! Plus 500 points in Year Beast mode, plus 325 points by winning normal games with the Arcana in my inventory.

xTA0Xbr.png

Recycling gives 50 points for 10 items, which is not worth it: you would need 200 items to earn 1000 points, which would cost 6 € at the cheapest market price, while the 1000 points are sold for 2.15 € on the store.

Grotar

Any1 wonna party up for beast event ? Lost 3 matches due to ppl having absolutely no clue what to do....... EU server.

Mordeccai

Match confirmation popped up, couldn't accept. Neither accept or decline buttons did anything.

Now searching for the network.

rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

Mordeccai

god dammit. and the event is over.

why do I even stay up for this shit.

oh hey look +7200 bonus points for the day. if only I could use them!

edit: lol just qued a regular match, some dude in the picking phase typed some kanji characters or mandarin or something and picked jugg, then typed GG five times and abandoned before the match even started.

Blu(e)

Kept pressing the accept button like mad but was still able to get in. Won the Legacy of the Beast Wallpapers :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Our group got in, was a blast. I find the mode a lot of fun when it works, though I feel it would be better if each player just had a set number of points rather then the pay to play nonsense. Maybe it will be ported to be a normal custom game in the future.

Our team was Sven, Witch Doctor, Winter Wyvern, Bristle Back, and Troll. My god the Witch Doctor Healing did so damn much, 12k in Hero Healing in a 32 minute game.

Grotar

Me and Prophet Steve got 3 man party with us, out team was

UD
Sniper
Bristle
Enigma
Zeus

We won and got Discord set for Chaos Knight :)

Lost an event we could have won because people don't understand how to focus the fucking melee rax.

Also I think the Year Beast is legit stupid. Give it an order to attack and then it'll swipe that thing once and then promptly ignore it

Madouu

Man, they nerfed my jaggi set, fuck you cacpcom. Now I have to farm kut ku or something...

Oh and yeah, year beast is dumb.

Mordeccai

man I have absolutely zero idea how the fuck to play lycan. I'm just a useless piece of shit when ever I have to play him. I've had this fucking guy as my FIRST hero in the hero challenge for eight months now. Pretty much just given up on using him.

It probably boils down to my micro skills. They are non-existant. I don't understand how the hell people control more than one unit
cBj1LTf.png

Madouu

I dont think you need micro skills to have a positive impact with lycan, just drag a box and right click in fights. You might want to assign your wolves to a group but that's it.

My guess would be that you are not farming and split pushing enough, or don't realize how strong you are at killing solo targets and rosh very early on.

Wok

man I have absolutely zero idea how the fuck to play lycan. I'm just a useless piece of shit when ever I have to play him. I've had this fucking guy as my FIRST hero in the hero challenge for eight months now. Pretty much just given up on using him.

It probably boils down to my micro skills. They are non-existant. I don't understand how the hell people control more than one unit
cBj1LTf.png

I have F1 for the main hero, F2 for other units, and F3 for hero+units.

I find it better to lane him than to go jungle.

Yeah, don't jungle Lycan. The Howl damage in a duo/trilane is absolutely stupid and his wolves can't tank jungle creeps very well.

cBj1LTf.png

Turn on unified unit orders, hold ctrl and click an enemy all your units attack it easy micro

Shinypogs

FFS let me click the accept button.
edit: Game wouldn't let me accept then kicks me and says I have to wait 8 mins to try again.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
This is the worst way to do an event I swear. I do not have all day to sit around and wait for a 10 minute time slot to accept a match. Even when I am around the fucking network goes down!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
worst event ever
at least make it half an hour so theres not as much of a rush

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I was so eager to play the Yearly Beast Mode, but my Dota 2 client just stood there finding match for 10 minutes (the same duration as the time remaining value) and disconnected.

Then restarted the game to find a "Connecting to the Dota 2 Network..." notification.

I apparently threw the game when I went Invoker for the first time yesterday :(

Went 5-7-9 or something, but it was a carry build so I guess I'm expected to win it for us. Should I be spending one (both?) of the Forge Spirits into the jungle/other lanes to increase my farm and team vision, or is it better to keep them near you for the damage and armour reduction?

My micro is very, very poor so I'm wondering if I should main a different ability altogether, something like Chaos Meteor and Ghost Walk+1. Get a bit overwhelmed when trying to switch abilities on the fly, gonna take a lot of time to remember what the combinations are, and you don't often have time to consult the list

Servers were awful last night, people disconnecting all over the place.

ViviOggi

I apparently threw the game when I went Invoker for the first time yesterday :(

Went 5-7-9 or something, but it was a carry build so I guess I'm expected to win it for us. Should I be spending one (both?) of the Forge Spirits into the jungle/other lanes to increase my farm and team vision, or is it better to keep them near you for the damage and armour reduction?

My micro is very, very poor so I'm wondering if I should main a different ability altogether, something like Chaos Meteor and Ghost Walk+1. Get a bit overwhelmed when trying to switch abilities on the fly, gonna take a lot of time to remember what the combinations are, and you don't often have time to consult the list

Servers were awful last night, people disconnecting all over the place.
You usually don't hard carry games as Invoker but if you're not dealing decent damage and disrupting teamfights with your cc you're not contributing much.

He mainly requires practice, you need to be able to invoke at least your build's main spells on a whim. He's one of the heroes who really requires getting the muscle memory down in bot games if you don't want to hold your team back.

GorillaJu

I'm 3 for 3 on brawls right now, last one a total stomp. I think there are a few great healer characters, Witch Doc and WW are the two best IMO, but heals on both sides are inevitable (not to mention YB's Mek and hand of god abilities), thus I think whichever side picks AA is at a huge advantage. He totally destroys any heal-centric strategy.

I'm 3 for 3 on brawls right now, last one a total stomp. I think there are a few great healer characters, Witch Doc and WW are the two best IMO, but heals on both sides are inevitable (not to mention YB's Mek and hand of god abilities), thus I think whichever side picks AA is at a huge advantage. He totally destroys any heal-centric strategy.

Yeah surprised I haven't seen any AA play in Year Beast seems like he would crush seeing as everyone seems to play around just sustain and deathball

Yeah surprised I haven't seen any AA play in Year Beast seems like he would crush seeing as everyone seems to play around just sustain and deathball

I've done 3 as AA; won 1 and lost 2 :/

I've been able to hold back pushes well enough.... the problem is in both losses our carries were allergic to pushing, and AA can't really force lanes forward. I probably made both losses ~20 mins longer than they needed to be, but after a certain point you just can't carry a team with him, you need the carries to step up.

Also for some reason everyone seems to think AA is a front line hero. I would constantly position myself behind the team -- and they would simply move behind me, so it became this sadly depressing dance of the team moving backwards in the lane.

Good hero though.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
You usually don't hard carry games as Invoker but if you're not dealing decent damage and disrupting teamfights with your cc you're not contributing much.

I hard carry invoker this way, only using two spells out of the total pool; Alacrity and another situational spell.

Mask of Madness and Alacrity on yourself to become Super Saiyan, the critical hits usually two shots back lane (support or int) heros even without divine rapiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom