• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I see you've accepted the ideology of "good thing this isn't a contest because I know I'd lose"

just because there are no rewards for killstealing in overwatch doesn't mean you have to @ those of us who are enjoying it

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
true story: inkls realised overwatch wasn't for him the first time he saw it give 'play of the game' to a support for healing her team

kvk1

YNrfRbG.gif

TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
more like

TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING TAKE TWO AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
complaining that the game doesn't have a """""""proper scoreboard"""""", then (incorrectly) complaining that supports don't get acknowledged, hm......

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
you clearly were not playing the same game

what more acknowledgement do you want? supports can get play of the game from using their ults, and good supporting is highlighted when you get to commend people for how well they played.

but no.......let's get rid of that and replace it with a """"proper scoreboard"""" showing kills, deaths, and assists.....that's a MUCH better way of properly rewarding support players.

inkls

just because there are no rewards for killstealing in overwatch doesn't mean you have to @ those of us who are enjoying it

Blizzard doesn't give rewards for sucking them off either but that doesn't seem to dether you

true story: inkls realised overwatch wasn't for him the first time he saw it give 'play of the game' to a support for healing her team

Pretty sure the healing was you healing the enemy team's ongoing disadvantage

what more acknowledgement do you want? supports can get play of the game from using their ults, and good supporting is highlighted when you get to commend people for how well they played.

but no.......let's get rid of that and replace it with a """"proper scoreboard"""" showing kills, deaths, and assists.....that's a MUCH better way of properly rewarding support players.

but mercy has way more impact on the game -- even in individual fights-- by keeping friendlies healthy than resurrecting them when dying. Mercy should be able to get a POTG by flying around the map healing her team. Because that's her main job. Just like Hanzo's job is to get headshots.

Saprol

potg is a contest for how many people you catch in your Q, whether it's dragon spam or a 5-man revive

i watched a sweet potg where it was just a sniper killing a squishy that their allied roadhog had just hooked. what aim

can you turn on a proper scoreboard
maybe someone will build one that watches the kill feed so they know who to call out for throwing their pug games

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
but mercy has way more impact on the game -- even in individual fights-- by keeping friendlies healthy than resurrecting them when dying. Mercy should be able to get a POTG by flying around the map healing her team. Because that's her main job. Just like Hanzo's job is to get headshots.

and hanzo can only get play of the game from killing a lot of enemies very quickly.......which is not what he's usually doing.

there are plenty of times that i have gone the fuck off as an offensive character, and at the end of the game the support is on the commendation screen instead of me.

shira

https://twitter.com/StarGame_US/status/729496349008265216 said:
StarGame
‏@StarGame_US
#esport Chinese #Dota2 Rumors: hym (VG) quited; old eleven (Ehome) to VG; FaN (NB.Y) to Ehome.

If true Ehome and VG going through TI6 open qualifiers

civil war spider man best spider man

get at me if you're wrong enough to disagree

tumblr_na14pexbum1qdsvybo1_400.gif

- $500k prize pool
- expect delay, expect Warcraft and Dota2lounge commercials
- Five Bo3, first pair simultaneous
- double elimination - top 2 teams advance
ZmHcksd.png

t1462777200z1.png

#1 Complexity vs Newbee
#2 Fnatic vs Digg

#3 Winner 1 vs Winner 2 (Winner to Group B)

#4 Loser 1 vs Loser 2 (Loser eliminated)

#5 Loser 3 vs Winner 4 (Loser eliminated, Winner to Group A)

and hanzo can only get play of the game from killing a lot of enemies very quickly.......which is not what he's usually doing.

there are plenty of times that i have gone the fuck off as an offensive character, and at the end of the game the support is on the commendation screen instead of me.

maybe you are the cause of supports getting potg/commendations

Kalnos

Banned
Queued solo in Overwatch and went up against 4 roadhogs and 2 lucios. Game literally ended in about 1 minute. Neat.

Hylian7

that doesn't happen though. supports never get acknowledged.

It's rare, but I have seen a Play of the Game to go a Mercy with a clutch Revive a few times.

90% of the time it goes to a Bastion though. Point and hold left click to mow people down.

They really should make it cover more than just kills. Supporting should be covered too, but also objective plays. Like I'm talking about someone that manages to push the cart and survive doing it, bringing it really far or all the way to the end.

manfestival

so I think im going to end up buying overwatch. I remember when I bought orange box essentially just for TF2 and loved the game so much and it eventually went f2p. I am just afraid that the price is going to scare people from buying the game since the content itself is kinda on the low point. They spent so much time developing the game to have such few maps. ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hylian7

so I think im going to end up buying overwatch. I remember when I bought orange box essentially just for TF2 and loved the game so much and it eventually went f2p. I am just afraid that the price is going to scare people from buying the game since the content itself is kinda on the low point. They spent so much time developing the game to have such few maps. ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

They have promised new characters and maps will be free, but yeah, the price is still kind of steep, even at $40.

manfestival

They have promised new characters and maps will be free, but yeah, the price is still kind of steep, even at $40.
yeah it does feel a tad high but knowing how blizzard functions and that they are always good at supporting their games.... it makes it easier to deal with the 40. Now to finish uncharted 4 before then and I should be good

wait it's only $40?

that's good imo

I thought elderTitanFall was worth the entry fee back in the day though so what do I know??

are you writing this from your phone? I mean the elder titan mention is hilarious in itself but too coincidental. I could never justify titanfall at the time. It actually felt like it had less content and it cost more than overwatch. I bought titanfall at 5 dollars and got all of its content for free. Which was a pretty good deal but even with all the dlc it feels like the game JUST had enough content for possibly 60.

Quesa

wait it's only $40?

that's good imo

I thought elderTitanFall was worth the entry fee back in the day though so what do I know??
I mean

This is a thread full of ppl whose largest reference point for price is a f2p game they've played for thousands of hours
and have spent hundreds of dollars on
, so...

^ that's tea I guess.

if it's fun I don't mind paying for it, and money isn't really an issue for me

I would hope they would pledge to support it for a while with added content, unlike SOME companies which will rihmain unnamed to protect the innocent.

and I kinda liked titanfall for a bit eek

better that than having everyone excuse a lack of content because "hey it's ftp stop whining god you're annoying they've given you so much!!! appreciate it" etc

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Played some full on 6v6 inhouse Overwatch tonight and that shit was 2 fun. RIP Dotka.

spk

12 is few?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I even paid $60 for the bonus digital bullshit edition of Overwatch. No regrets.

Lol ehome
The Newbee squads broke then good
No major no summit 5 LmAO

P.S. FY WAS RIGHT

Edit: seems like 11 stepped down on his due to some personal issues "i am still an ehome man!"

TUSR

Banned
holy shit a dota event started on time

who the hell is running this event. get them for the majors please

Matt was praising the organization, and the Team Secret instagram/twitter account has had nothing but good things to say about the event.

Top Bottom