• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Phoenix Immortal

Chris R

All the MISSING FIX ME text in the Battle Pass makes me think I could work at Valve after all.

My version says FIX THIS SHIT, but it's basically the same thing.

Hey guys, I want to get into DOTA 2 but I like... really really struggle to properly move my hands/fingers on a keyboard in a skill based manner for more than typing. (even for typing I use my whole left hand for the left side of the keyboard, and only my right index finger for the right side of the keyboard.)

I like... have really, really, bad control of my finger muscles (are those a thing?) I assume DOTA 2 is really keyboard command intensive, is there any good way to "train" my fingers so I can get good at continuous and fast keyboard strikes? Anyone have any good pics of how I should have my hands on the keyboard? Bing isn't giving me good results :p

For reference, in other PC games, like Counter-Strike, for example, I can't comfortably and reliable stretch my pinky finger to "Control" while I move my thumb to "Space", and holding "W" with my Middle finger to "jump crouch". I feel like I have no... Weight? No control? of my pinky? Have to really force myself and think about it too do it, so it's awkward and slow.

bounchfx

fuck it, ill get the 27$ tier

fuck everything

edit: just bought it, and this entire menu looks like it's placeholder art
what did I pay for Lol

really wish I could equip stuff from the screen you accept it on

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Hey guys, I want to get into DOTA 2 but I like... really really struggle to properly move my hands/fingers on a keyboard in a skill based manner for more than typing. (even for typing I use my whole left hand for the left side of the keyboard, and only my right index finger for the right side of the keyboard.)

I like... have really, really, bad control of my finger muscles (are those a thing?) I assume DOTA 2 is really keyboard command intensive, is there any good way to "train" my fingers so I can get good at continuous and fast keyboard strikes? Anyone have any good pics of how I should have my hands on the keyboard? Bing isn't giving me good results :p

For reference, in other PC games, like Counter-Strike, for example, I can't comfortably and reliable stretch my pinky finger to "Control" while I move my thumb to "Space", and holding "W" with my Middle finger to "jump crouch". I feel like I have no... Weight? No control? of my pinky? Have to really force myself and think about it too do it, so it's awkward and slow.

i can play dota 2 at a very high skill level* even though i have the reflexes of a 70 year old**

*something of a lie
**direct quote from neogaf.com user "TUSR"

fuck everything

what did I pay for Lol

In your case bounch, I'm sure you can justify that $27 as "business costs for professional research". I mean, you've clearly got to keep tabs on what your competitors are doing/what Valve are allowing for their sets right?

I tell myself the same thing too to justify all the $$$ on hats
dac15_nosewipe.gif

Also I got the Omni immortal instead of the Void. Why Volvo :/
dac15_face.gif

shira

fuck everything

what did I pay for Lol

And he's back. . .

Some heroes you don't need to click very much. Some are intensive. Like Lich you only have to push a few buttons all game.

BraXzy

Core keys in Dota are Q W E R using default set up. For the 4 basic abilities.

I have a similar thing in the sense that my hands suck at doing anything that involves accurate input elsewhere without looking. So item hotkeys for me are 'SPACE' and Alt + Q W E R. So my fingers are always placed across those, and my thumb switches between Space and Alt.

I also have a mouse with two side buttons, one is F1 to centre camera on character with ease, the other is A click (to deny) because that's what I set up day one and I'm used to it. There are certain characters that require a bit more than that, and some that require control of multiple units, so ease into those.

Welcome to Dota, Spartan.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm actually fuming a bit that after years of diligent phoenix stanning valve made icon p's immortal a rare drop and i didn't get it

Quesa

Does she have flaming arrows or powershot?

The bow is pretty badass with the flamey drawstring

bow is on fire, fired arrows and powershot are not from the demo I used. Might use my rainmaker instead of the set bow, but it's still a damn good set.

This is really nice too hear.

Would you guys recommend buying a new mouse with buttons on the side for this game?

buttons on the side are nice, but if you don't have one I wouldn't bother. Dota's not so ridiculously complicated that you need tons of macros and everything like an MMO might. You basically only need as many hotkeys as you're comfortable with (on top of 6 skills and 6 items).

Quesa

Also, the only way they could have done a better job with the whole MMR reset thing is by, y'know, not making you pay for it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Huh. Am I seeing things wrong, or is it the case that aside from the initial 'one' treasure each (for treasures 2 and 3), they're super scarce until after level 100?

That seems....a bit much. Good incentive to buy more levels, I suppose. -_-

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
y'all do NOT get to bargain for phoenix immortal, none of y'all have even stanned her before sun ray got OP :mad:

bounchfx

got most of the 'rewards', but I can't seem to find the HUD. Anyone else having the issue? I've unlocked it, but it's nowhere in my inventory. I can 'test' it in game though by clicking it in the battle pass then doing a test play.

eeh after seeing it in game I'm not sure I'd use it anyway Lol. Why is legion commander so special this tournament? shes gettin the full treatment

Hylian7

dota is dead i can't even open my treasures =(

Same, I got up to about level 20 in claming rewards before it went down. (I bought the 50)

Also my likelihood of going to TI just increased greatly today (got a job), now just hope I can get the vacation time for it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Gaben gotta fund his vacation to the moon.

I know, I know, silly of me to expect reasonable, but I don't remember the last battle pass being this bad.

eeh after seeing it in game I'm not sure I'd use it anyway Lol. Why is legion commander so special this tournament? shes gettin the full treatment

Cause buffs are inc.
I hope

If nothing else, I hope reddit gets the terrain being limited gone - seems like such a waste.

shira

Huh. Am I seeing things wrong, or is it the case that aside from the initial 'one' treasure each (for treasures 2 and 3), they're super scarce until after level 100?

That seems....a bit much. Good incentive to buy more levels, I suppose. -_-

Looks like you need to put in work to get extra Level 3's

10 - Immortal Treasure I 2016
22 - Immortal Treasure I 2016
34 - Immortal Treasure I 2016
46 - Immortal Treasure I 2016
80 - Immortal Treasure I 2016
98 - Immortal Treasure II 2016 - Unreleased
113 - Immortal Treasure II 2016 - Unreleased
128 - Immortal Treasure II 2016 - Unreleased
140 - Immortal Treasure II 2016 - Unreleased
152 - Immortal Treasure II 2016 - Unreleased
167 - Immortal Treasure III 2016 - Unreleased
179 - Immortal Treasure III 2016 - Unreleased
191 - Immortal Treasure III 2016 - Unreleased
200 - Immortal Treasure III 2016 - Unreleased
210 - Immortal Treasure III 2016 - Unreleased
220 - Immortal Treasure I 2016 (Repeats every 30 levels)
230 - Immortal Treasure II 2016 - Unreleased (Repeats every 30 levels)
240 - Immortal Treasure III 2016 - Unreleased (Repeats every 30 levels)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
as a sign of my desperation to get that phoenix immortal i told tusr that if he gets one and gifts it to me i'll stop creeping on him

isn't she related to pit lord or something in the lore

also CONGRATS ON THE JOB HYLIAN

the others may not care but I do.

CONGRATS BRO

Top Bottom