• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Hylian7

Weakest: Invoker, you could argue Meepo too, but at least he can actually use spells without his ultimate. Invoker is literally a creep without Invoke. Wraith King, Tiny, PA, and Storm would also be pretty low.

Strongest: Anyone who's ultimate is almost an afterthought compared to some of their regular spells. Terrorblade, Slardar, Axe, Broodmother, debatably Shadow Fiend (although probably not this patch since Aghs is a big deal), and TA.

Hylian7

I completely forgot about Tinker for some reason, even though he's one of my most played heroes. Yeah, he would be awful without ult.

Artanisix

Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
world of warcraft best fucking lore
Kreygasm.png
HYPED FOR LEGION
PogChamp.png

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Won a match yesterday where I was playing Pudge and my friend was playing Slark and we both had 50-70% Packet Loss for 3 quarters of the match.

That shit was hard. Still surprised we won, even got a double kill from a team fight I started from a hook across the river I threw but could not even see what was really happening.

Twookie

im actually so bored rn that im running that macroscript from reddit that instacuts the trees in the tree cutting minigame
gonna keep it running while i'm at school

thank me later

imdoingmypart.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So in less than 24 hours the tree number went from 20 million to 1.5 billion, lol. Scripting OP please nerf.

Somebody at Valve did the math and recalculated how many trees per day need to die in order for their imaginary number to be met on the day they have planned for the reveal of whatever the big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is. So I assume the goal will be met whenever that is, regardless of how much actual in-game deforestation occurs.

sixghost

bastion is so easy to kill in most cases, it's hilarious that everyone thinks he's op

Maybe in specific scenarios with specific characters. The majority of the cast is going to get ripped apart if they turn a corner and Bastion is waiting there in turret mode.

marrec

Banned
Maybe in specific scenarios with specific characters. The majority of the cast is going to get ripped apart if they turn a corner and Bastion is waiting there in turret mode.

Well, most people playing didn't have the time to build a counter to Bastion in the short time of the open beta, but as the game matures you'll find that when people see a Bastion on the other team they'll counter him pretty effectively, because he's fairly easy to deal with when you get right down to it.

It's like picking Meepo in a game where people can switch heroes at anytime...

aeolist

Banned

if you're a character who's bad at dealing with him then you can use map awareness and audio cues to avoid him pretty easily. if he's camping a chokepoint then you'll need teamwork to get through, but you'd need that with any other set of enemies camping a choke unless it's something ridiculous like 6 mercys. and of course he can be pretty easily countered by hanzo, widowmaker, genji, junkrat, pharah (if she has a healer), and mei.

people run around the corner and get ripped apart by bastion if they're bad, bad players pin the blame on anything but themselves. c'est la vie.

aeolist

Banned
oh and apparently bastion used to get a shield in turret mode. they took that away and gave him an armor bonus instead, which was also removed later.

now that shit was op.

Twookie

that's the beauty with heroswitching tho, if you have problems with specific characters, just switch your hero to a hero that counters them

some people are just too reluctant to switch characters judging by the games i had
and from the overwatch beta thread

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
what is a Jiggle peak

is it safe to google

He means peek, and jiggle peeking means quickly strafing around a corner, shooting once, and then strafing back. Exposing only a tiny part of your body for a very short time and dealing big damage per shot in widow's case.

Will also work with hanzo and pharah, sym and zen to a lesser extent with charged shots.

Quesa

He means peek, and jiggle peeking means quickly strafing around a corner, shooting once, and then strafing back. Exposing only a tiny part of your body for a very short time and dealing big damage per shot in widow's case.

Will also work with hanzo and pharah, sym and zen to a lesser extent with charged shots.

Oh, ok. Thanks!

oh and apparently bastion used to get a shield in turret mode. they took that away and gave him an armor bonus instead, which was also removed later.

now that shit was op.
When that was in the game I basically never died as Bastion. Shit was legit OP as fuck lol.

Top Bottom