• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Deadly

what level are you able to get to with no levels purchased? 80 something right? I might start selling things on the market so I can get the new terrain.
The stuff that's actually worth something, the treasures, are locked until after TI, unfortunately.

BibleThump.png
HOLD THE DOOR
BibleThump.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow spoiling Nisekoi in here.

You Onodera fanshits have no shame.

so if I were interested in picking void b/c slark but am trash at the game, is blink still the go-to void build?

I see it so rarely, even when I spectate the high-mmr games... everyone seems to go vlads and/or mom then straight-up damage or farm/damage (mjollnir)

i kinda miss the old version when bf was core and he teamwiped inside chronos :(

i miss cancer, bring back silencer and necro as well :(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
so if I were interested in picking void b/c slark but am trash at the game, is blink still the go-to void build?

I see it so rarely, even when I spectate the high-mmr games... everyone seems to go vlads and/or mom then straight-up damage or farm/damage (mjollnir)

i kinda miss the old version when bf was core and he teamwiped inside chronos :(

i've been seeing the vanguard + radiance build a lot lately; but i don't play much void so i really don't know what's optimal

I feel like this patch brought back a bit of the old carry void with the always high bash damage, but he's still better suited to the offlane. You just build him more like a carry now rather than the 6.86 vlads/blink/aghs rush imo.

radiance/vanguard void is cancer in a different way. I was tower diving and trading hits with a juggernaut and I ended up living.

If you're up against slark I think you should still get blink since slark can escape from void pretty easily even if chrono is off cooldown

bloodseeker was my daily and we stomped but I was carried HARD by an out-of-control lifestealer and got an ez lane vs. solo phoenix

tbh I think the blademail change fucked up bs hard

i've been seeing the vanguard + radiance build a lot lately; but i don't play much void so i really don't know what's optimal

I feel like this patch brought back a bit of the old carry void with the always high bash damage, but he's still better suited to the offlane. You just build him more like a carry now rather than the 6.86 vlads/blink/aghs rush imo.

radiance/vanguard void is cancer in a different way. I was tower diving and trading hits with a juggernaut and I ended up living.

thank you!

It's pretty bullshit how arbitrary it is for what counts as "disable". Lone Druid root doesn't count

I picked Void and was super annoyed that Chrono doesn't count as a disable.

I played a fair bit of Vanguard Radiance last patch and this, and have had good success with it. It's key to recognize you're not old Void that stays in the back, and wants to get 3 kills in a Chrono. You're tanky frontliner, hitting their towers and time walking off harass, until they get frustrated and you Chrono a bunch of them, killing one and chasing the rest of them to death with Time Dilation slow, bashes and radiance burn.

TUSR

Banned
Radiance void is all about being an annoying piece of shit and slow burning on the front line.

The timelock changes make you less reliant on chrono and ensure you can fight without it.

Twookie

you guys know what

jakiro aghs is fucking BONKERS

you cannot push into it, you lose your creepwave in your base too so you can't defend easy either

you get every wave for 30 seconds, makes it easy to farm anything and it's so fucking huuge too

ended up being more farmed than our sand king, mid kunka and offlane treant, as a support

bone7
singsing
bamboe
cmw
zai

now thats a freaking team right there

damn, that team suddenly got wayyyy more interesting. can't wait to see mah boy zai at it again

Hylian7

I picked Void and was super annoyed that Chrono doesn't count as a disable.

I played a fair bit of Vanguard Radiance last patch and this, and have had good success with it. It's key to recognize you're not old Void that stays in the back, and wants to get 3 kills in a Chrono. You're tanky frontliner, hitting their towers and time walking off harass, until they get frustrated and you Chrono a bunch of them, killing one and chasing the rest of them to death with Time Dilation slow, bashes and radiance burn.

Chrono doesn't count?! Whaaaat. They can't get more disabled than that...

Hylian7

Sorry quesa I closed the article as soon as I saw Zarya at the last position, she's one of the best characters in the game.

Keep in mind the list is based on how infuriating they are in general playing against them, and usually there aren't very many good Zaryas out there.

Quesa

Sorry quesa I closed the article as soon as I saw Zarya at the last position, she's one of the best characters in the game.

It's not exactly based on "how good are they?" it's more based around how annoying they are to the enemy team. Zarya's good, but not really annoying at face value.

I've been never been mad at a Zarya player

Low Tier
void goes echo sabre as their first core item now imo

bulba goes like echo sabre mom

new bash is super nice for teamfighting

TUSR

Banned
void goes echo sabre as their first core item now imo

bulba goes like echo sabre mom

new bash is super nice for teamfighting
generally where do you run/see slardar these days?

offlane tranqs->blink 4/4/0/1
safelane treads->echo w/bash

It's an Horror RPG with solid shooting, survival and stealth mechanics played in first person ala Deus Ex. Just don't play it like your average arcade FPS (Borderlands) and you're golden.
And yes, it has loot.

yeah I'm familiar with the game, but never have I heard someone put it in the same vein as borderlands or diablo in terms of being loot focused.

Low Tier
I like echo a lot but what about survival?

I thought the point of vanguard/vlads was to survive long enough to time lapse?

or is pms sufficient

u forget echo has ogre club too, its 10 str and with pms and/or aquila ur usually good to go.

@tusr slardar is actually more safelane than offlane nowadays i find

Top Bottom