• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Hylian7

yeah I'm familiar with the game, but never have I heard someone put it in the same vein as borderlands or diablo in terms of being loot focused.

Loot definitely is a big part of it too. There is no RPG-esque leveling or stats, so pretty much everything is based on your own skill or equipment. Finding stuff like artifacts helps you get through certain anomalies (areas that have some event that will mess you up walking through it, like electricity running through a tunnel, or a tornado, or an area where the wind would smash you on the ground)

Wok

UBolYUT.png

sQ1AyVe.png

Come on!

Low Tier
anti-mage counters slark and hes rly good this patch in general

hes probably the third most common carry i see in my games

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want to play more Sven, what is the bestest Sven item build? I feel like I get stuck buying a ton of Mid Game items.

Jebusman

Banned
So somehow I just completed the "Purchase Phase Boots" mission by completing the "Slow enemy heroes" objectives. I was flipflopping between them during the picking phase and apparently got stuck with a combination of both. So even though the objective was slow enemy heroes, it counted as the purchase phase boots mission when I completed it.

The actual "slow enemy heroes" mission is still uncompleted now. Neat, if a little weird.

Wok

The 43 minute one was effectively over pretty quickly, despite how hard we tried to bring it back. Just for a frame of reference on that...

nLO4OiAg.png

This game was lost mid. Apparently, OD tried to gank top and bottom (and failed, I guess), while Alchemist picked bottom runes and continued to dominate mid. The first aghanim might have been for WK, which would have allowed to win every subsequent fight.

Anyway, their line-up was scary. To punish that, you cannot do much after the draft.

Based on Dotabuff:

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Gotta love the 'zeus KS'd (never mind the fact I was trying to dissuade a haste'd tiny and mirana support from diving my tower) so now I feed' mentality. And the flood of 4 inevitable reports I'll get, lol.

Sometimes 4 stacks are the worst.

anti-mage counters slark and hes rly good this patch in general

hes probably the third most common carry i see in my games
Does AM really counter slark, tho?

Mid-game, maybe, or with a good mana void, but otherwise it seems like it'd be a race to get to the basher + echo vs basher + manta.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gaben's not letting me log into Overwatch, Gabe plz.

Hylian7

This game was lost mid. Apparently, OD tried to gank top and bottom (and failed, I guess), while Alchemist picked bottom runes and continued to dominate mid. The first aghanim might have been for WK, which would have allowed to win every subsequent fight.

Anyway, their line-up was scary. To punish that, you cannot do much after the draft.

Based on Dotabuff:
Understood, that was my friend on the OD. I know he wasn't good on it, but I didn't realize the degree of how bad it was.

Low Tier
slark can never kill antimage, antimage out splitpushes and farms slark, and slark rly isnt effective without mana and usually builds up a naturally large mana pool due to echo sabre and silver edge. Am blinking on top of slark with manta usually means slark goes oom, cant escape because of pounce, and will die to mana void.

There's no way a sane person picks slark against antimage

Quesa

slark can never kill antimage, antimage out splitpushes and farms slark, and slark rly isnt effective without mana and usually builds up a naturally large mana pool due to echo sabre and silver edge. Am blinking on top of slark with manta usually means slark goes oom, cant escape because of pounce, and will die to mana void.

There's no way a sane person picks slark against antimage

tell that to my pubs

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What does Vulkan even do

will it give me my NP quest

If you have a newer mid range card, it should give you better FPS.

I think it works better with AMD cards than NVidia. I think I get worse FPS with my 760 than with the non-vulkan stuff, but it working on par with DirectX is actually pretty good.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
legit tho wyk doesn't seem like a standard dota 2 beta tester, dude is always the guy to announce shit first i bet hes icefrog boys

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
legit tho wyk doesn't seem like a standard dota 2 beta tester, dude is always the guy to announce shit first i bet hes icefrog boys

Supposedly he isn't even a Beta tester, his friends are.

Matt, why did you get rid of your Custom Flare on the reddits?

I think he's one of Icefrog's boys. I'm pretty confident that Icefrog is still nowhere to be seen amongst the English-language sites.

Arkanius

Vulkan did jack squat for my minimum FPS with a 3570k and a 980 Ti

1440p, min still stays at 90 mostly. Sometimes 120.

ULMB also stopped working, which sucks.

Top Bottom