• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Artanisix

k first try with vulkan = crashed my dota 2

trying again...

edit: fps from 110 to 135, that's pretty good, have some microstuttering but i think valve mentioned that already

pompidu

slark can never kill antimage, antimage out splitpushes and farms slark, and slark rly isnt effective without mana and usually builds up a naturally large mana pool due to echo sabre and silver edge. Am blinking on top of slark with manta usually means slark goes oom, cant escape because of pounce, and will die to mana void.

There's no way a sane person picks slark against antimage

Fairly sure I made this exact argument over a year ago.

nubbe

don't really notice any difference with Vulkan and CPU usage looks the same
3930K & Geforce 780

Didn't rock my world at least

Artanisix

misc-frog.gif

I've been away pretty much for a few years now. What are the strong heroes in this meta? and wtf happend to matchmaking, literally 40% of my team every match cannot speak english

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Not doing too hot in ranked atm. My hero pool this patch has been all over the place. Think I need to refocus on a few heroes in one role or a small set of heroes across a few.

Fuck it, I'll start being that guy who slam picks a carry right off the bat.

mneuro

I'm seeing a 20 fps drop in Vulkan on a GTX 860M, i3-4170T, 8GB ram (alienware steam machine). From 90fps on maxed settings with OpenGL, to 70fps with Vulkan. The framerate seems more stable with Vulkan, but losing that much is disappointing.

Quesa

This is actually the most frustrating shit. Gyro decided to go aether/scepter, which is a worse item build than it used to be, since scpeter does less now for magic damage gyro than it did before.

Hylian7

This is actually the most frustrating shit. Gyro decided to go aether/scepter, which is a worse item build than it used to be, since scpeter does less now for magic damage gyro than it did before.

Wouldn't Aether still have been garbage on him before since it makes Rocket Barrage's range longer? You get nothing out of Flak Cannon for it.

Mohasus

I have no idea if vulkan is working for me.

GTX 970 (368.22)
-vulkan
Steam beta
W10

No problems so far, so I think it isn't working.
-vconsole does nothing for me

Quesa

Wouldn't Aether still have been garbage on him before since it makes Rocket Barrage's range longer? You get nothing out of Flak Cannon for it.

Yeah, but at least then you could justify it by saying "well it'll make my scepter call down no-scopes even sicker!" Which you can't do anymore.

Hylian7

Yeah, but at least then you could justify it by saying "well it'll make my scepter call down no-scopes even sicker!" Which you can't do anymore.

I guess? But the only reason the damage of Call Down is good is because it's a fairly large AoE and of course the slow. If you were trying to use it like Sunstrike on old Aghs, it's not really worth it unless you just want to push creep waves or something.

The potential boost you will get out of Vulkan will often depend more on the rest of your hardware than just your GPU.

It should be very helpful for those who are bottlenecked by their CPU.

Wok

slark can never kill antimage, antimage out splitpushes and farms slark, and slark rly isnt effective without mana and usually builds up a naturally large mana pool due to echo sabre and silver edge. Am blinking on top of slark with manta usually means slark goes oom, cant escape because of pounce, and will die to mana void.

There's no way a sane person picks slark against antimage

Funnily, I have found that WK can feast on AM for a long time. With armlet, blink dagger, stuns and crits, I have destroyed AM in 2 shots in several games. If the opponents' lanes are weak, AM will have a hard time even with BF+Manta.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Blizzard has discovered a cure for cancer. It is Overwatch.

Wok

Without Vulkan, the framerate moves really fast between 4X and 5X fps.

With Vulkan, it is mostly the same but the framerate is more constantly between 52 and 58 fps, with rare drops to 4X fps.

Also, I want to play an Abaddon racecar game along these lines:

kYQESwn.png

Arkanius

The potential boost you will get out of Vulkan will often depend more on the rest of your hardware than just your GPU.

For example, Dota is not an intensive game. My 980 Ti never ramps up, despite that, the frames sometimes drop to 70-80 during teamfights or when lot's of creeps show up ingame. I have a 3570k. Vulkan should keep the min framerates UP instead of increasing the max framerates.

But it seems it's not doing anything at all for me. To be honest, I find the Vulkan download was TOO quick for a 300MB download. -vulkan is correctly set on the launch options.

By the way, anyone else using ULMB? It seems Vulkan disables it.

Wok

For example, Dota is not an intensive game. My 980 Ti never ramps up, despite that, the frames sometimes drop to 70-80 during teamfights or when lot's of creeps show up ingame. I have a 3570k. Vulkan should keep the min framerates UP instead of increasing the max framerates.

But it seems it's not doing anything at all for me. To be honest, I find the Vulkan download was TOO quick for a 300MB download. -vulkan is correctly set on the launch options.

Did you check with -vconsole that Vulkan was used? In my case, the AMD drivers were recent but they were not the Vulkan ones, so Dota2 was still using DirectX despite -vulkan.

BHK3

Banned

I have a i7 6700 with a 970, my 300 mb finished in seemingly 1 minute when it would take a little longer than that. I'll check my vconsole later on.

M.D

So what do you need in order to use vulkan? Uncheck OpenGL and check Vulkan Support, and add "-vulkan" in launch options?

Do Bloodthorn and Daedalus stack well? Seems kinda redundant to get both when you could get something like a Shiva's or go for a Skadi.

Funnily, I have found that WK can feast on AM for a long time. With armlet, blink dagger, stuns and crits, I have destroyed AM in 2 shots in several games. If the opponents' lanes are weak, AM will have a hard time even with BF+Manta.

The game I am most proud of was just that. I was called a fool for picking WK into AM, and then this happened. The game has definitely changed since then but the idea (or rather my thinking) was if you could force AM into Jungle and disrupt his farm enough once you have Armlet, Blink, and some points in crit you just blow him up. Until AM gets Manta he's usually sitting at around 800-900 HP, and after a stun that's like 2 crits.

After like 10 attempts I finally get this cleave quest done on Sven...but when I finish it, it instead bugs out and remains at 2 stars. What. Volvo pls, are you kidding me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

So because I actually have a good CPU, Vulkan does jack for me?

Top Bottom