• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Twookie

how do i know if i'm running vulcan or not
apart from ticking the dlc box

also
rweYm5g.jpg

link

Oh man, I just played a game where the server was lagging constantly. For the midgame it actually went away but came back in full force later on. And it was this kind of cancerous game where we had an arc warden and tinker but they got much better teamfight, so it dragged out forever.

Best was the enemy troll player who genuinely believed someone of us was DDOSing this game and, not understanding sarcasm, he actually wanted to steam report me lmao. With that lag the already 70min game probably lasted around 90mins.

aghs urshit is useless right

I thought about it yesterday because the enemy team was void/nyx/swm/techies/ember so they had disables for days... I ended up not having to get it because I was carried by a batrider but I honestly don't know that it would have let me live where I would have otherwise died

Aghs needs to make his q disarm or fury swipes cause blindness or something, I hate playing as him the WORST non-lc melee hero

inkls

aghs urshit is useless right

I thought about it yesterday because the enemy team was void/nyx/swm/techies/ember so they had disables for days... I ended up not having to get it because I was carried by a batrider but I honestly don't know that it would have let me live where I would have otherwise died

Aghs needs to make his q disarm or fury swipes cause blindness or something, I hate playing as him the WORST non-lc melee hero

Its a great item, although I think a bkb would have done more vs that team. I think its a better purchase if you're vs a necrophos, or vs stuff like scythe of vyse.

the best thing about the compedium were the items

the valve killed dota 2 trading with their limitations and other bs

enigma bracers that required x$$$$$

were sold at like 7$ on december

lmao

axe_laugh.gif

Yep, there's no incentive to get anything beyond the base packages. Every one of these "rare" items will be available in bulk in a few months time at rock-bottom prices.

Speaking of cosmetics, are Quest rewards account bound? Or are those also trade-able?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Apparently Dragon Knight's plastic shield Wyrm Shield of Uldorak hasn't dropped since June 2013, and was removed from the store January 2014

shield_timedragon.1019b9e230c5ef7145cfd5968e49781e52fcafa8.png

s9mx02G.png

The thing still goes for $.05.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yep, there's no incentive to get anything beyond the base packages. Every one of these "rare" items will be available in bulk in a few months time at rock-bottom prices.

Speaking of cosmetics, are Quest rewards account bound? Or are those also trade-able?

Yeah this is the biggest thing. I think some of the items in the compendium are forever bound, but the immortals are trade-able. So you wait 3 months and then just buy all of your favorite immortals for less than $1 total.

I think they were expecting the map to draw more people in? I believe it's one of those forever bound items (that will also be unobtainable post-compendium), and it's a beauty, but perhaps not enough on its own to motivate mass compendium level purchases.

Arkanius

If you're having issues with vconsole just use the normal console and try using the command: vulkan_memgr_print

Vulkan Static Memory Manager Stats:
Static Type ( RENDER_TARGET ): Count ( 4 ) ( 32 MB ) ( Free: 8 MB, Largest Free Block 4 MB )
Static Type ( TEXTURE ): Count ( 23 ) ( 184 MB ) ( Free: 4 MB, Largest Free Block 1 MB )
Static Type ( VB ): Count ( 4 ) ( 32 MB ) ( Free: 3 MB, Largest Free Block 3 MB )
Static Type ( IB ): Count ( 2 ) ( 8 MB ) ( Free: 0 MB, Largest Free Block 0 MB )
Static Type ( CB ): Count ( 1 ) ( 1 MB ) ( Free: 0 MB, Largest Free Block 0 MB )
Static Type ( STAGING ): Count ( 0 ) ( 0 MB ) ( Free: 0 MB, Largest Free Block 0 MB )
Vulkan PMB Memory Manager Stats:
PMB Type ( RENDER_TARGET ): Count ( 0 ) ( 0 MB )
PMB Type ( TEXTURE ): Count ( 0 ) ( 0 MB )
PMB Type ( VB ): Count ( 14 ) ( 14 MB )
PMB Type ( IB ): Count ( 7 ) ( 7 MB )
PMB Type ( CB ): Count ( 8 ) ( 8 MB )
PMB Type ( STAGING ): Count ( 13 ) ( 104 MB )
Total PMB ( 133 MB )
Total Dynamic ( 0 MB )
Total Static ( 257 MB )
Total Combined ( 390 MB )
Vulkan Command Buffers:
Thread (5968) Command Buffers (12)
Thread (6804) Command Buffers (1296)
Thread (7608) Command Buffers (18)
Thread (8968) Command Buffers (106)
Thread (8980) Command Buffers (112)
Thread (9144) Command Buffers (12)
Thread (9396) Command Buffers (21)
Thread (10316) Command Buffers (24)
Thread (11856) Command Buffers (105)
Thread (12152) Command Buffers (115)
Total Command Buffers (1821)

Was my output

Wok

Yeah this is the biggest thing. I think some of the items in the compendium are forever bound, but the immortals are trade-able. So you wait 3 months and then just buy all of your favorite immortals for less than $1 total.

I think they were expecting the map to draw more people in? I believe it's one of those forever bound items (that will also be unobtainable post-compendium), and it's a beauty, but perhaps not enough on its own to motivate mass compendium level purchases.

The map looks great, but there is no way I pay this much for an untradeable map. Other rewards are not to my taste. So far, I have no intent of buying this battle pass. This is the first time this happens.

Acinixys

"Failed to start game, a party memeber is currently in another game" but I am playing solo
tnx vulkan

I think this is a bug that the compendium update introduced

If i party with friends, after we have played a game I have to quit Dota and restart to find anther game

Else I just get a loop of "Failed to start game, a party member is currently in another game"

http://www.themanilamajor.com/talent-lineup/

looks like Sheever couldnt measure up to the quality of Maut or SirActionSlacks

Fukn Valve

Talk about a sausage fest

Jesus there are only 2 woman. And they are both attached to the Chinese cast. Honestly

http://www.themanilamajor.com/talent-lineup/

looks like Sheever couldnt measure up to the quality of Maut or SirActionSlacks

Sheever's kind of in a weird spot right now, she's not good enough to be the host of a major event, she's not a caster and she's definitely not an analyst or an observer. Co-host would be the best job for her but sadly there's no space for that title to exist, I do think that she's a way better interviewer than Slacks though, that's just them catering to the Twitch memelords, she has a good rapport with a lot of players.

Kard8p3

also real talk fogged looks like some dude who use to creep on one of my ex's and got angry when he got friendzoned. Dude was always babyraged at me for dating her

those headshots are atrocious, they really hammer hard the stereotypes

at least winter is here

also idl godz for some reason, it's probably not rational but I just don't like him

merlinda haters the door is that way ------->

Ok tips for playing NP

I don't want to keep running up against this wall

what players should I watch

Well uh

Bulldog

He streams a lot and I think he still plays a lot of NP in his pubs. Even when there's just a NP in his team he comments a lot on what he's doing right and wrong.

Russ T

Banned
Was about to post this...

WTF is going on there if this has any truth to it?!

tbh it's not that surprising

their whole workplace structure is pretty much the white male libertarian dream job - sorry if you're a white male libertarian but i work with a number of them and know a number more and they're all... like this

there's also a distinct nonhistory of valve publicly speaking* out against harassment and gabe straight up forcing the steam team to allow that hatred game on, despite its obvious racist roots

etc etc etc

i hope she wins and i hope this leads to some good change at the company... but hope is different from expectations

*not that they're ever really publicly talkative of course

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

They could still just add more stuff.

Fevaweva

Why the fuck do I keep being put with shit players when I play as Bounty Hunter? I know how to play him and can do it well (in the context of unranked, anyway) but I keep losing because of other people either playing like shit or picking shit heroes. It boggles my mind.

I thought the hero would be an easy "one and done" for me with the hero complete challenge or whatever it is called - hell I even won a Pudge game in one go and I had never played that hero before then - but nope. 3 losses with the hero later, still stuck on it.

shira

$60 to get a 2nd Treasure II @ level 98
$90 to get a 2nd Treasure III @ level 167

idk about rock bottom pricing, this compendium is very specific in the price ranges it wants to hit. Casual jimmy gets a taste for $10 but nothing more

If the ratios for the ultra rares are 1000:1 they might be baiting the whales with some top end stuff.

Top Bottom