• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Doom VR
smile.gif

:3

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just realized one of my coworkers developed a new part of our application in Groovy. I heard him talk about it a few times in the past, but I thought it was a library or some build system, not a different language that compiled to the JVM. Now we have more junk that only a single person is able to support
facepalm.gif

TUSR

Banned
* Phantom Strike can now target Spell Immune heroes

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Luna
* Lucent Beam stun duration increased from 0.6 to 0.8
* Movement speed increased from 330 to 335
Icefrog not content until Luna has 350 base movement speed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm just surprised it doesn't even have its own page for it. Its just dumped on the update tab.

Also Doom just keeps getting nerfed.

Black hole got a pretty good damage buff. That change is roughly a 20% increase.

Lawl at the Gyro side gunner buff. Maybe if it was like .75 seconds people would think about scepter.

LS got a pretty sizable nerf. 9% slower attack speed with that change.

Even more Omniknight buffs. I don't think more HP is going to make pros pick him though.

4.5 Int growth on Pugna
surprise.gif

* Black Hole damage type from Magical to Pure and pierces Spell Immunity
* Purifying Flames cast range increased from 750 to 800
* Pounce damage reduced from 50/100/150/200 to 40/80/120/160
* Psi Blades Spill Width increased from 68 to 75

Dragon Lance
* Strength and Agility reduced from 15 to 14
* Attack Range bonus increased from 130 to 140

New EG confirmed:

1. Fear
2. Sumail
3. Universe
4. Zai
5. PPD

RIP Aui. Hope he can make it to TI somehow.

This was without a doubt the hardest part of the decision to move forward with these changes. Kurtis is a great player and a great person, and he deserves better than to be removed from the same organization twice within a year. That's not how we like to do things around here, and it's not something we're at all proud of or take lightly. After discussing the situation with him extensively, we've come to a good resolution that will compensate him appropriately for the lost time and opportunities that this situation takes from him. It's about as happy an ending as you could hope for in a bad situation. We're parting ways on good terms, and we wish him the best.

https://twitter.com/EvilGeniuses/status/742221978384236544

W1SSY

46 Seconds for Crimson Guard's cooldown seems overly specific. Was 45 just too good?

In 6 months we are going to look back at this and laugh after EG changes rosters again. I can not see Sumail staying unless they perform damn well, since he was ready to quit 3 months ago.

This roster is a short term solution with Fear back at carry. They make a run at TI and have to make a change after that I imagine.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Gonna see more multi-tango ogre builds now, lol.

This roster is a short term solution with Fear back at carry. They make a run at TI and have to make a change after that I imagine.

Depending on how well they do (and how well his hand holds up), I could see Fear retiring at some point.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Yeah, I'm not sure if Fear will work out well in position 1, I feel the carry role has gotten a lot more demanding in the last year compared to TI5 and before. I mean, I don't think they put him in position 4 for shits and giggles after Aui had played that role well for 2 1/2 years.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Fear will work out well in position 1, I feel the carry role has gotten a lot more demanding in the last year compared to TI5 and before. I mean, I don't think they put him in position 4 for shits and giggles after Aui had played that role well for 2 1/2 years.

playing carry ruins fears old man wrists. Also I doubt peter wanted aui to play 4 again

Treant
* Base damage increased by 6

lmao

88 base dmg

offlane treant incoming

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
great changes

i think this confirms icefrog is a lycan fanboy cuz literally every hero +3-4 spots above and below on the p/b list got nerfed except him ROFL

also amazing troll buffs, time to spam my boy

Hylian7

They should really just call these kinds of patches (current patch)+ so 6.87+ in this case. Mostly number tweaks and a few modifications on things having certain flags. Nothing crazy, no new Aghs, crazy skills, etc.

PA is a big one though, and might push her over the edge to get picked.

I won't do a patch stream for this one, there isn't really anything special to see.

Warlock
* Golem HP increased from 900/1200/1500 to 900/1350/1800
* Fatal Bonds no longer gets reduced by Damage Block

I didn't even know Damage Block worked on it.

Meepo
* Geostrike damage per second increased from 8/16/24/32 to 10/20/30/40

This is actually pretty moderate. Helps his lane presence.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
We get a patch but still no confirmation on who is invited to TI? Come on valve, Get your shit together.

We should get it this week IMO, since the qualifiers need to happen very very soon. TI6's main group stages are likely 7 weeks away. Valve may be at a bit of a loss since 2 of their Invites decided to make last second roster changes. They have to decide not only which teams to directly invite, but which ones for the qualifiers and how many qualifier slots there will be.

Qvoth

holy shit 6.88 outta nowhere
i seriously didn't expect a patch until after ti

ck's gonna get more even picks now imo
clinkz attack range buff wtf?
i think invoker nerf is still not enough, he's still very good
jakiro ice path buff instead of cast point? boo
kotl buffs, damn he's looking very strong now
lich looking real good
wtf naix buff? even though he's one of the most popular in the meta? wtf is icefraud thinking?
meepo buff is quite huge i think? dc will definitely pick him for a surprise pick
what does multicast interval mean for ogre magi? is that a buff or nerf?
HOLY FUCK OD HUGE BUFF
wtf is silencer's agi buff? hahahaha, he needs rework imo
atos buff :O

Quesa

Cast interval change is a buff. The instances of the stun are spread out more, making a x4 stun last .4 seconds longer.

ATOS BUFFS
dac15_blush.gif

Clinkz attack range buff is good, btw. His biggest issue has always been being super hard to position due to low attack range and squishiness.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My quick math says 1.7 to 1.85 BAT increase is around 7.5% less attack per second.

Plugging it into a calculator gives 8.8%.

attack speed is also really important to naix, though i'm not sure that nerf is quite enough. close, though.

A flat 9% attack speed slow is actually going to be really big, its a pretty major nerf. Rage is less effective, basher and mjolnir are less good, its a 9% drop in damage. It also makes him easier to kill, since he will heal up slower.

NBtoaster

centaur will be the new cancer. 400 damage nuke on a 5 second cd LUL

Maybe even give him safe farm so he can get a quick pipe and blink.

Top Bottom