• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

also manila major had 12 invites yet TI only has 6.
charm_crazy.gif

Valve does whatever it wants.

shira

shira

I wonder what would have happened if LGD played poorly at Frankfurt, oh well
Dodge was super effective

The thought of ppd and Puppey having to click that "Register here" button >

They got reaverxai and cyborgmatt to do that.

I thought they already registered. Could have sworn FaceIt put up the sign ups for the open qualifiers a few days ago.

Reaver and Matt registered them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I thought they already registered. Could have sworn FaceIt put up the sign ups for the open qualifiers a few days ago.

pompidu

Blood seeker has been garbage tier for so long, I think he just needs to be remade completely.

Doubt it will happen but one can hope.

Twookie

now the most important question still remains

when's the immortal cache 2 coming out

Wait why is ehome not going through the open quals? Old eleven is now a "sub" and they got fan (or fran) from newbeeY
Am i missing something?!

fan switched back to sub and eleven came back, so they retained the same roster as they had when they registered(i assume) so they get the invite
i don't know if it works that way or not

also iceiceice is now pos 1

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/EHOME/EHOME.cn

pompidu

? bs was OP for a hot second before fraud decided to utterly nuke his entire raison d'etre

I think the blademail change makes him fine again tbh

Blood rage is dumb, 40% more damage for a chance of 25% heal. Bloodrite is takes way too long, people just walk out of it. Thrist is great. Rupture is dumb, all you have to do is standstill or tp away, so dumb. 99% of the heroes are better than him, hence why he is never picked. Just a terrible carry all around.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Paragon is actually fucking godawful. Uninstalled it. Don't play that shit guys.

Paragon is actually fucking godawful. Uninstalled it. Don't play that shit guys.

Yeah it is really shit. Trying to br some sort of leeg shooter moba hybrid eith some card game crap instead of going for something unique and it just fails horribly

fan switched back to sub and eleven came back, so they retained the same roster as they had when they registered(i assume) so they get the invite
i don't know if it works that way or not

also iceiceice is now pos 1

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/EHOME/EHOME.cn

I see thanks.
Ice3 switching roles faster than demon switches teams

ps. Zootopia is a fantastic movie!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I was wondering why you were playing such a crappy game.

I'm going with Monday. Bruino already said that's when the Major Prediction points will be given out, likely will be a good time for a number of Compendium related things.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I dunno. I like to have an open mind and try shit out. I didn't know that game had cross platform play with the consoles. What dumb fuck thought that was a good idea?

shira

I dunno. I like to have an open mind and try shit out. I didn't know that game had cross platform play with the consoles. What dumb fuck thought that was a good idea?

It was hyped as fuck and checked off every box and buzzword.

From the dudebros that brought you Gears of War, presenting the Unreal engine FPS Shooter MOBA hybrid PARAGON

shira

it is odd fnatic don't get an invite. Wonder if there's something going on there?

OG: 2 major wins, recently won ESL, stable roster since TI5
Liquid: 2 major 2nd place, stable roster since TI5
LGD: 4th Manila, Xiao8 former TI4 winning captain, stable roster since Manila
MVP: 4th Shanghai, 5th Manila, 2 LAN wins, stable roster since Shanghai
Newbee: 3rd Manila, 2nd Epicenter, stable roster since Manila
Navi: 7th Manila, 3 LAN 2nd places, stable roster since Manila

Fnatic: 5th Manila/Shanghai, roster changes Mushi for 343 + Net for Mushi

Sure they've won 4 straight online qualifiers, but they haven't finished above 4th in any major LAN and they coudn't beat No Diggity or Complexity @ EPICENTER wildcard

I'm not sure just raw placings statistics are really a good metric. Fnatic has looked competitive against pretty much everyone in recent memory. They've flubbed some shit, but I'd say they've proven themselves more than NaVi recently.

For substance:

At manila, Fnatic had one of the toughest groups with Liquid, Alliance, and VGR, managed a 2-1 with a 5-3 record.

In bracket, they went 2-1 vs LGD before being 2-0d by the eventual 3rd place team, Newbee, and then again 2-0d by the second place team Liquid.

They ended up with 5th place, but their bracket was extremely difficult. Only thing that could've been harder is facing OG or Newbee in the first round.
Looks like the minor roster change could be enough to make Valve decided to not invite them. Valve could be favoring teams that don't shuffle.
I think this is probably it, but those changes are so relatively minor it's surprising to me nonetheless.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like the minor roster change could be enough to make Valve decided to not invite them. Valve could be favoring teams that don't shuffle.

DrPizza

Banned
Just had one of those PA games where you walk around one-shotting everyone.

I killed the enemy Chemical Raged Alchemist from full HP with a single dagger crit.

Why is the NA qualifier two teams short? Even if there aren't enough (or any) good NA teams, couldn't they at least make it 4 open qualifier teams?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i do wish they merged SEA and china qualifiers, it's a kind of a shame that two of those SEA teams are going to advance over some of those teams in the EU (and even NA) qualis

Top Bottom