• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

Holy shit, not much of a soccer guy but Messi is the fucking Miracle- of soccer.

https://streamable.com/tp7t
https://streamable.com/t5uw

That's some Jesus tier kicking
hush.gif

Still upset about how bad the ESL One games were. Not a single noteworthy game in two days.

You can't make noteworthy plays or games up. They just happen naturally, but they tend to happen more when the steaks are higher. ESLFF had zero steaks. It was a payday win or lose.

If anyone is looking to tune in to the rest of Open Qualifiers #1
- format is Bo1, Bo1, Bo3 Semifinals, Bo3 Finals - Winner advances to regionals
- Open Qualifiers #2 starts tomorrow

SEA:
t1466589600z1.png

Notable teams remaining: White Fries (kyxy, hyhy, chisbug), MineskiX (Johnny), MVPH6 (Reisen)

EU:
t1466611200z1.png

Notable teams remaining: Secret, Spirit (xboct, goblak), Danish Bears(Babyknight), Polarity (Lil, DKphobos)

NA:
t1466636400z1.png

Notable teams remaining: EG, Veggie (casters), Shazam (TC, Brax)

You can't make noteworthy plays or games up. They just happen naturally, but they tend to happen more when the steaks are higher. ESLFF had zero steaks. It was a payday win or lose.

Yes, that is definitely what is felt like. Everybody played like very little was at stake. I suppose the introduction of Majors has trivialized this tournament quite a bit. I remember C9 vs Alliance back in 2014 which was the single best game I have ever seen with EternalEnvy having a breakdown following their loss. That was legit one of the most intense moments in a stadium I've experienced including football and any other sports I follow.

Usually, Dota 2 tournaments regardless of how poor their production or whatever is, deliver in terms of game quality so I was a little disappointed with how boring these games turned out.

Nymerio

Yes, that is definitely what is felt like. Everybody played like very little was at stake. I suppose the introduction of Majors has trivialized this tournament quite a bit. I remember C9 vs Alliance back in 2014 which was the single best game I have ever seen with EternalEnvy having a breakdown following their loss. That was legit one of the most intense moments in a stadium I've experienced including football and any other sports I follow.

Usually, Dota 2 tournaments regardless of how poor their production or whatever is, deliver in terms of game quality so I was a little disappointed with how boring these games turned out.

I love this so much.

How do hero spammers spam heroes and not get bored?

You know what's often the most fun is? Getting better and gaining appreciation for stuff. I've gotten so, so much better at this game when I focused on playing phoenix, it's great. And I have still plenty areas to improve upon. Like, you start seeing the game in a whole different way and so many gameplay options open up for you.

That's the nice thing about Dota. You never learn out and at the same time the game just gets more fun the better you get.

RR.QEON sure seems to be a tough team. I'd ban tinker if I were up against them. Fighting against competent tinker players when you didn't crush early game is hell.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I hope its better than frankie sinatra (will listen later)

Frankie is amazing. Don't be one of those people.

They have put out 3 songs (aside from Frankie) off the new album on their channel and all of them sound more like traditional Avalanches songs, likely to assuage all the h8rs that shit their trousers at the first sign of hip hop.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
The time for the EU qualifiers is sort of weird as well starts so late in the afternoon. But I guess that is for people that have actual jobs?

The last Secret game last night started around 2:30am their local time (if they are still in Turkey). Possibly why they did not look as hot as previous matches
sleeping.gif

I could just be talking a load of shite who knows
crazy.gif

The last Secret game last night started around 2:30am their local time (if they are still in Turkey). Possibly why they did not look as hot as previous matches
sleeping.gif
Yeah the problem was we had 1-2 hour downtime before our last match and fatigue kicked in.

Also that stack wasn't just some random pubs they were ex-yellow submarine/enso pros (same guys that won TI5 open qualis) and the Lifestealer was from one of the big CIS teams.

Assassin smurfs are real.

That BTS cast once gain...

"oh now he's even taunting them while TPing out, but he actually dies. What are you doing!"

Yeh, not like you automatically taunt when TPing at low health. I can excuse not knowing that to some degree, but that's always the problem with uninformed casters, they make players seem like idiot when they themselves have no clue.

Top Bottom