• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

I love Legion Commander but I honestly don't remember the last time she appeared in a pro match and won the game for the team that picked it.
dac15_angry.gif

Twookie

I love Legion Commander but I honestly don't remember the last time she appeared in a pro match and won the game for the team that picked it.
dac15_angry.gif
oh gosh you are right

the only game i remember a team winning with LC was with EG putting arteezy in the jungle with LC

it was a while ago tho..

See, if I was in a game like that I'd be a happy little bird if I got a solo lane for Phoenix. With a good start you max firespirits + dive, get a damn veil and you run over every hero of theirs, except maybe the invoker because he can just tornado or coldsnap you mid-dive.

But this underleveled laser bird does nothing. Meanwhile with maxed firespirits only bat can even really deal damage if you get that stuff off. Like, could've given the phoenix solo bot vs bat and aggressively trilane.

BearPawB

Banned
See, if I was in a game like that I'd be a happy little bird if I got a solo lane for Phoenix. With a good start you max firespirits + dive, get a damn veil and you run over every hero of theirs, except maybe the invoker because he can just tornado or coldsnap you mid-dive.

But this underleveled laser bird does nothing. Meanwhile with maxed firespirits only bat can even really deal damage if you get that stuff off. Like, could've given the phoenix solo bot vs bat and aggressively trilane.

Yeah, i have so many successful fire spirts solo offlane phoenix games.
I don't understand the laser love to be honest.

Yeah, i have so many successful fire spirts solo offlane phoenix games.
I don't understand the laser love to be honest.

I mean I understand that laser is really good because it has a nice range and even heals and shit. Also all the pros are only playing support phoenix, so it gotta be like that.

But if you look at that lineup and see that ench and TB get 100% fucked by firespirits and venge and invoker 50% fucked and bat isn't great against phoenix either, then, maybe decide to go for a core phoenix.

It's not even like they couldn't have laned it here.

And then, if the laning phase goes decent, which again, it should, because bat can't really solo kill phoenix and what's ench gonna do if you just firespirit her and her creeps, then your mid game is looking great. Egg becomes so much more useful with maxed spirits too and whenever you get a duel off you just dive, cast all firespirits and ulti immediately. That's 280dmg from dive, 280 from spirits + EGG burn AND the egg prevents the enemy from engaging.

I really wonder if we'll see a core phoenix eventually when the matchup works in favor for it like it's the case with this game. Or maybe I'm just delusional and it's just not feasible in pro games but I wanna say that's not the case.

KingKong

Ya that's what I was talking about. Looking at the list, they shouldn't have much problem outside of Alliance I think

I think the format makes it very unlikely that EG or Secret would miss TI. Even if they make it as wild cards, there are 2 wild card spots and they'd be competing against the third best sea or chinese qualifier teams

H13

Yeah, I don't mind the casual stream but the constant reading of the stupid shit in chat and dumb videos has made me mute the stream repeatedly.

U guys can watch the bts official strim
I think h le just want to do a casual strim

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Dota 2 website has Not Today as listed under teams invited to the qualifiers, so why are they in the open quals?

They made a super last second roster change. Not totally sure what happened, but I think one of their players left for another team, but they had no subs registered.

shira

I know these are just bo1s in the open qualifiers but does EG look like a TI winning team to anyone else

https://twitter.com/feardota/status/726835891235336193 said:
Aui plays a better carry than me plz stfu. Thx!

Think how much better they would be with AUI as carry since he's better than fear

e:kagamicchi!

DrPizza

Banned
I think the tiers have evolved:

Major Direct Invites = Tier 1 (OG)
Major Qualifier = Tier 2 (Navi)
LAN Qualifier = Tier 3 (Complexity)
Online qualifier participant = Tier 4 (Shazam)

Navi are direct invites...

This Veggies game... I can just about understand drafting Anti-Mage (even without the great team synergy) if you give it to Black, but Merlini Anti-Mage and Black Timbersaw? IDGI.

W1SSY

Navi are direct invites...

This Veggies game... I can just about understand drafting Anti-Mage (even without the great team synergy) if you give it to Black, but Merlini Anti-Mage and Black Timbersaw? IDGI.

I just started watching the Veggies game and was also confused about Black not playing AM.

Xeteh

Black played Timber a few times yesterday and stomped teams with it. Merlini said he didn't really have the experience to play it.

Top Bottom