• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Baha

3 regions, 3 open qualifier teams take the 1st invite. Will China make it 4?

*looks at the TeamLiquid standings*

Guess not.

LETS GO EG VS SECRET GRAND FINALS AT TI

THE STORYLINE

Kreygasm

*inbefore stomped by OG and Liquid again*

e:

I just checked the top of the international leaderboard and that player Cyp1k has like a fricking 32 win streak on Slark. Absolutely disgusting D:

And he seems to win with other carries just fine, too. And from the few game histories I looked at, it doesn't appear he's that he's doing that by playing in a stack.

W1SSY

I don't know, my money is still one DC.

Ok, I just like DC more and want them to win. I think its a coin toss which of them really win.

I expect DC to win. Col looked shaky before this tournament and really put together a good run but I just think DC will win the second qualifier spot.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
101/110 heroes picked so far in the TI Qualifiers. Wish we had some of that patented Riot Games "Deeper Gameplay"...

I'm pretty sure that 13 years of Moba design experience has shown us any more than 50 heroes picked/banned in a tournament is Toxic and bad for the community.

I'm pretty sure that 13 years of Moba design experience has shown us any more than 50 heroes picked/banned in a tournament is Toxic and bad for the community.

Isn't it more like 40? I also love that their deeper gameplay in a recent tournament involved having 2 heroes that were banned in all but 8 games, and both went 4-0 when they weren't banned (Gangplank and I think Mordekaiser). Seems balanced!

shira

what a great weekend of dota

now for some game of thrones

Amen
kunk-rum.gif

shira

Alright

Chinese Day 2 starts (Bo1)
1. Invictus Gaming 4-1
1. Wings Gaming 4-1
1. EHOME.cn 4-1
1. Vici Gaming Reborn 4-1
5. iG Vitality 2-2
6. CDEC Gaming 2-3
6. Vici Gaming 2-3
8. TongFu 1-4
8. CDEC Youth 1-4
10. Newbee Young 0-4

SEA playoffs (Bo3 double elimination)
now
Fnatic vs WFG

3 hour later
Xctn vs Warriors

4 hours later
Winner 1 vs Winner 2

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
why is tide a thing all of a sudden btw? who does he counter?

or is it just that he's a tanky support in a tank meta

not that I mind I like tide.

he's a rly good teamfighter in a teamfight meta

he also synergizes extremely well with a hero like TB

most strong physical dps carries rely on someone like tide to just initiate a fight and lock down targets for them to blow up. the offlane is also rly rly hard right now so most offlaners need to be able to stack and kill camps and tide is a beast at that

Skittles

Played my first game since september of last year. Things have changed but not too much. Echo sabre is hilariously busted for its cost. Who thought it was a good idea to have all that for less than 3k? I was expecting 4-5k before I saw the price.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Played my first game since september of last year. Things have changed but not too much. Echo sabre is hilariously busted for its cost. Who thought it was a good idea to have all that for less than 3k? I was expecting 4-5k before I saw the price.

It's situationally great on a few heroes and not worth the pickup on most others. I've seen several PA's, a Lina and an AM build it. They all lost.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It's situationally great on a few heroes and not worth the pickup on most others. I've seen several PA's, a Lina and an AM build it. They all lost.

Its crazy good with Sven or Slark, though.

I managed a nice riki game with it for the quest, though that was probably due to the other team's lack of awareness.

iamblades

why is tide a thing all of a sudden btw? who does he counter?

or is it just that he's a tanky support in a tank meta

not that I mind I like tide.

It's because this is the 'fuck going to the lane in the offlane, I'ma jungle' meta.

See also, dark seer, beastmaster, batrider.

Tide just does this faster and more safely than the others.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You need skill to play all those other guys (except Dark Seer). With Tide, you just need to hit R on occasion.

(Shoutout to TUSR's Sheever Ravage on absolutely no one inside Radiant base)

TUSR

Banned
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Bottom